Americaners

Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:00 am
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Americaners

Originally Posted by Emma M
Yesterday, just in one day I got asked if I was French, Australian, Irish, Scottish, and someone on the phone thought I was Chinese.
In my case, when last in Texas, I was asked if I was German! ... ... Gawd damn... I neither look German, nor sound German, I am not even gutteral enough for German. In my best polished English, my stance refined and composed (as you do) I said, 'Do I look and sound friggin' German, you Dumme Frau'? !!

Last edited by britex01; Jul 9th 2008 at 10:02 am.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 12:34 pm

JEM3110 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britex01
In my case, when last in Texas, I was asked if I was German! ... ... Gawd damn... I neither look German, nor sound German, I am not even gutteral enough for German. In my best polished English, my stance refined and composed (as you do) I said, 'Do I look and sound friggin' German, you Dumme Frau'? !!

Ahhh, but did you click your heels together as you leaned forward to shake their hand?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britex01

Oh FFS, lol!! My favourite one is "I loooove your accent!" and then you wait for it.
You know it is coming.... "where are you from?"
Well you said you love my friggin accent, you should know!!!
Old Jul 9th 2008, 2:40 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what you Limeys are complaining about. It all smacks of jealousy. Everyone knows the USA is the greatest country. Land of the free, home of the brave. These aren't just words to us Americans. We've got everything you need right here, the best food, the best culture, the most beautiful cities and the absolute best lifestyle. If you don't like it, why don't you go back to wherever it is you came from? Enjoy your bad teeth, warm beer and horrible food!
Old Jul 9th 2008, 2:43 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
I don't know what you Limeys are complaining about. It all smacks of jealousy. Everyone knows the USA is the greatest country. Land of the free, home of the brave. These aren't just words to us Americans. We've got everything you need right here, the best food, the best culture, the most beautiful cities and the absolute best lifestyle. If you don't like it, why don't you go back to wherever it is you came from? Enjoy your bad teeth, warm beer and horrible food!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember you being this funny before.

Old Jul 9th 2008, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah mate, if that's the case, you being so brave and all that, then why don't you fight the Iraqis on your own turf?
As for freedom, why not let gays marry, have tolerance towards people of another faith, country, etc, etc, etc.
You have the best food, if you like high fructose corn syrup that makes you pile on weight even when you eat normally.
If you didn't wear those ridiculous veneers on your teeth, you'd have "bad" teeth too. Then you might realise they aren't so bad after all, that's what proper teeth look like. And that walking around with veneers makes you look like a pretentious dick.
Your country is not old enough to have good quality historical culture.
As for going back to where I came from, I will be, you'll know when I do, you'll hear the sound of me shouting "GOODBYE FOREVER!!!"
At the end of the day, you have Bush. That kind of cancels out anything great about the US.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

At the end of the day, you have Bush. That kind of cancels out anything great about the US.
yeah, but isn't Brown pretty bad too?? I've been reading that he isn't too well liked. Plus, Bush is only here for 6 more months, it's not like he's going to still be around for years. Hopefully the next guy can fix all his screw-ups.

I really don't get why most Brits look down on Americans for wanting straight(er) teeth? I don't necessarily agree with getting veneers (unless you have some seriously hideous teeth), but I see nothing wrong with getting 6mo checkups, and with getting braces. I'm considering braces myself to fix an over-crowding problem. It's difficult to get a brush in there and keep the teeth clean - I'd rather suffer through 18mo with braces to fix that, than worry about gum disease and having my teeth fall out.

I suppose it is a fact that our culture here may be more vain than in the UK. I know when I meet someone for the first time that has incredibly bad teeth (or even bad breath) it leaves a bad lasting impression. By incredibly bad, I'm refering to the extreme overbites or black, rotten looking teeth.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
yeah, but isn't Brown pretty bad too?? I've been reading that he isn't too well liked. Plus, Bush is only here for 6 more months, it's not like he's going to still be around for years. Hopefully the next guy can fix all his screw-ups.

This is true, Brown is so unenthusiastic about running the country.

I really don't get why most Brits look down on Americans for wanting straight(er) teeth? I don't necessarily agree with getting veneers (unless you have some seriously hideous teeth), but I see nothing wrong with getting 6mo checkups, and with getting braces. I'm considering braces myself to fix an over-crowding problem. It's difficult to get a brush in there and keep the teeth clean - I'd rather suffer through 18mo with braces to fix that, than worry about gum disease and having my teeth fall out.

NEWS FLASH.... British people have 6 month check ups too. There is only so many times you can hear a joke before it starts to thoroughly piss you off. I have no real problem with veneers, but it was in response to yet another pathetic joke about Brits teeth. Lay off, it just aint funny any more.

I suppose it is a fact that our culture here may be more vain than in the UK. I know when I meet someone for the first time that has incredibly bad teeth (or even bad breath) it leaves a bad lasting impression. By incredibly bad, I'm refering to the extreme overbites or black, rotten looking teeth.
The worst teeth I have ever seen have been here, in NC. I don't judge a whole person for their bad teeth, lack of teeth or anything though. I certainly wouldn't say your whole country must have bad teeth just because of the few who do.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh! Enough with the bad teeth crap. I've lived over there and quite frankly I don't remember a lot of people having bad teeth with exception of my MIL and she was just scared of dentists. Each country has its own set of pros and cons and its alway swings towards the bad when you're homesick the most.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 3:41 pm
Banned

Kali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond repute

Octang whatever and this person are the same..no one could be such an arse without trying...
Old Jul 9th 2008, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

The worst teeth I have ever seen have been here, in NC.
I don't doubt it. There's some bad sets in KY too.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:19 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kali-forniarrr
Octang whatever and this person are the same..no one could be such an arse without trying...
You've certainly been working very hard at it.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 5:23 pm
Banned

Kali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
You've certainly been working very hard at it.
Granted I may try, but clearly you are.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 5:40 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

You know I'm about sick of all this US VS UK crap-it's always the same script just the cast of characters changes.

Either be more inventive folks or cut it.

Even as a windup it's not funny any more.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 5:57 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
You know I'm about sick of all this US VS UK crap-it's always the same script just the cast of characters changes.

Either be more inventive folks or cut it.

Even as a windup it's not funny any more.
Welcome to the Internet. The fact is where ever you go on the net there will be some holy war about one subject or another. The subject changes but the pattern is predictable, everyone has their entrenched opinion on the subject and will defend it vigourously. Then you have a bunch of people that know how to push the right buttons and it all flares up again. Rinse and repeat ad nausem.

The best you can do is to try and ignore it, and just read the actual interesting stuff on here, and frankly that is quite high compared to some other forums I've used.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.