Americaners

Old Jul 8th 2008, 12:56 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Americaners

OK, so I live in the US so it's not like I hate it but why oh why do Americans think they know better than anyone else? It's not like most of them have ever left their own state let alone the country - I've heard of people who live in NJ who've never visited NYC, what's with that? Why do they have to stick their nose into the business of any country that has oil, get over it, sort out an alternative - it's not like there isn't the money to invest in that, but maybe there's more money to be made out of war than finding an alternative to oil.

As for dentists, why do Americans think that teeth have to be perfectly white and straight and completely ignore the underlying problems. I've lost count of the number of times my US dentist has tried to talk me into putting a cover over one of my front teeth that is slightly forward of the other. It's not like I have any problems with my teeth at all.

And why do Americans think that British dentistry is so bad - I had one friend express their surprise at how great my teeth are just because I'm British. No, we don't put plastic over the front of our teeth to make them look white and straight - we understand the value of money better. Besides, have you ever seen "real" people on TV in the US - you know, the ones who don't have insurance, or just don't go to the dentist? There are millions of them out there.

As for TV, I understand that sometimes something good comes along, but it does seem to be a case of make as much sh1t as possible and hope something sticks.

Don't get me started on food - when eating out you get 3 times as much food as a single person needs; personally I think I'd rather pay a third of the price and get less. If restaurant owners weren't so dumb you'd think they could reduce their portion size by a half and the price by a third and make more profit - I thought that's what businesses are supposed to do. It's surprising mainly because every other business in the US is just out to take as much money from you as possible. Also, why does everything have High Fructose Corn Syrup in it - the healthcare industry must love that with all the money they're making from people getting fat, and sick. Why is it so difficult to find decent Chinese and Indian food in this country? It's not like there's a shortage of Chinese and Indian people. What's going on?
Old Jul 8th 2008, 1:48 pm
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Americaners

Originally Posted by neil

As for dentists, why do Americans think that teeth have to be perfectly white and straight and completely ignore the underlying problems. I've lost count of the number of times my US dentist has tried to talk me into putting a cover over one of my front teeth that is slightly forward of the other. It's not like I have any problems with my teeth at all.
When I was dating my Texan OH a few years back she was working in dentistry. Some Americans, especially TV/Movie celebs and the likes (which many Americans believe to be perfect examples of the human race) have flash smiles because dentistry makes its possible: straightening, bridges, and all manner of cosmetic applications. But there are also stories of youngsters and older folk with virtually no teeth and/or jaw problems.

---
Old Jul 8th 2008, 1:56 pm

JEM3110 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britex01
When I was dating my Texan OH a few years back she was working in dentistry. Some Americans, especially TV/Movie celebs and the likes (which many Americans believe to be perfect examples of the human race) have flash smiles because dentistry makes its possible: straightening, bridges, and all manner of cosmetic applications. But there are also stories of youngsters and older folk with virtually no teeth and/or jaw problems.

---
and money makes it possible! I thought the eyes were supposed to be the windows of the soul but I think in America, it's a case of, perfect teeth makes you a better person!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 4:19 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

5/10, not as good as the original.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 4:33 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
5/10, not as good as the original.
That's probably because I'm not American.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

madeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud of

No, we don't put plastic over the front of our teeth to make them look white and straight - we understand the value of money better.

why does everything have High Fructose Corn Syrup in it - the healthcare industry must love that with all the money they're making from people getting fat, and sick.
May be cos their teeth are FU2K2d from eating all the High Fructose Corn Syrup, I was given the heads up before I came by a friend who lived out here, she said it was because its a bi product of the cattle industry or something

I Looooove the big portions, I order one main meal, the waitress/waiter asks anything for the kids? and I say yes please two side plates....then proceed to divide the meal up and take the rest home for our lunch the next day am I am taking up a table for four I don't think they loooove me
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:11 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madeofkent
May be cos their teeth are FU2K2d from eating all the High Fructose Corn Syrup, I was given the heads up before I came by a friend who lived out here, she said it was because its a bi product of the cattle industry or something

I Looooove the big portions, I order one main meal, the waitress/waiter asks anything for the kids? and I say yes please two side plates....then proceed to divide the meal up and take the rest home for our lunch the next day am I am taking up a table for four I don't think they loooove me
I don't know, depends, how well do you tip?
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

madeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Oh I tip BIG.... if I remember no usually 20% as I am not sure yet the usual amount
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I tip BIG.... if I remember no usually 20% as I am not sure yet the usual amount

That's a big tip???? You don't know my Canadian/American hubby. He tips from 25 to 40 percent.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
That's a big tip???? You don't know my Canadian/American hubby. He tips from 25 to 40 percent.
Well maybe he never took a bowl of rice and passed it around to one woman and 3 kids?
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it so difficult to find decent Chinese and Indian food in this country? It's not like there's a shortage of Chinese and Indian people. What's going on?

You live in NJ, what can I say Either that our your Chinese/Indian food in the UK is shite and great here but your taste buds like shite
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:26 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Well maybe he never took a bowl of rice and passed it around to one woman and 3 kids?

Share food? No way, Jose. He eats whatever is on his plate and then what is left on mine
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:33 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JEM3110
and money makes it possible! I thought the eyes were supposed to be the windows of the soul but I think in America, it's a case of, perfect teeth makes you a better person!

So Poligrip means that the person is superficial.

Damn your avatar... its making me hungry.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:37 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

I agree thats what I love here my OH and I just grab one meal and get an extra plate. We couldn't do that back in the UK.
And re Americans not travelling etc I was surprised at the amount of British people who had the same attitude, never left their area and were ignorance of world affairs, thinking British were the best etc you get ignorant people everywhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.