Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Amazon Prime Credit card

Amazon Prime Credit card

Old Sep 14th 2017, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Amazon Prime Credit card

I am unable to see the advantage if any to use the point to pay for Amazon stuff. Surely it is better to take the cash and get the extra 5% byt using the card and not the point to pay for goods. Am I missing something?
Old Sep 14th 2017, 4:04 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazon Prime Credit card

Originally Posted by mrken30
.... Am I missing something?
Two or three commas, a question mark, I think a couple of consonants, and an uncertain amount of clarity.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 4:34 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Two or three commas, a question mark, I think a couple of consonants, and an uncertain amount of clarity.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Old Sep 14th 2017, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

And no edit button to correct the punctuation. i am also missing an unknown quantity of claret, on top of the clarity. I see quite a few chars are missing in the original post. Joys of quickly trying to type, while getting kids ready for school.

If you do not have an Amazon Prime Credit card, not much of this post will make sense.

Last edited by mrken30; Sep 14th 2017 at 6:08 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

And no edit button to correct the punctuation. i am also missing an unknown quantity of claret, on top of the clarity. I see quite a few chars are missing in the original post. Joys of quickly trying to type, while getting kids ready for school.

If you do not have an Amazon Prime Credit card, not much of this post will make sense.
I have an Amazon Prime account and they always suggest I get the CC, but you are right none of it makes sense.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 9:16 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

I am unable to see the advantage if any to use the point to pay for Amazon stuff. Surely it is better to take the cash and get the extra 5% byt using the card and not the point to pay for goods. Am I missing something?

Not all all sure what you are asking, but the 5% cash back isn't actually cash in hand, it is money to put towards your next Amazon purchase.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I have one and take the 5% off as a statement credit. I use amazon enough for it to make sense.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Not all all sure what you are asking, but the 5% cash back isn't actually cash in hand, it is money to put towards your next Amazon purchase.
Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I have one and take the 5% off as a statement credit. I use amazon enough for it to make sense.
My thinking was it is better to take the points as a statement credit rather than use the points to purchase products direct from Amazon. The website is not very clear on how much the points are worth as a statement credit, compared to a "shopping" credit.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 10:04 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

My thinking was it is better to take the points as a statement credit rather than use the points to purchase products direct from Amazon. The website is not very clear on how much the points are worth as a statement credit, compared to a "shopping" credit.
But isn't it the same amount whichever way you choose to use it?
Old Sep 14th 2017, 10:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
But isn't it the same amount whichever way you choose to use it?
I am unable to tell if would be the same amount.

If you take statement credit, you then get another 5% when you use that money to buy again from Amazon. If you use shopping credit, you do not.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 10:20 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

I am unable to tell if would be the same amount.

If you take statement credit, you then get another 5% when you use that money to buy again from Amazon. If you use shopping credit, you do not.
Are you sure about that? I'm not saying you are wrong, but usually you can't get a benefit by using a benefit. (I don't use the card enough to collect more than the odd five bucks that I apply to a purchase!)
Old Sep 14th 2017, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Example: You spend $1000 on Amazon, they give you $50 back in credit.

If you spend that $50 direct with Amazon they give you $50 in goods.

If you pay that off your credit card, when you spend that $50 with Amazon, they give you 5% back on that $50 you just spent. Which is not a lot, $2.50, but I think I am correct.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 11:04 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Me too. They aren't points, it's just 5% off.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Me too. They aren't points, it's just 5% off.
I get points, maybe I have a different card.

Amazon Prime Credit card-amazon.jpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.