Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

All that upset and fuss for what?

All that upset and fuss for what?

Old Apr 4th 2007, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

karaokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of light
Default All that upset and fuss for what?

Hi Everyone

I don't know if anyone remembers me. but we lived in Melbourne for 5 years and New Zealand for 7 years. I was never happy, and due to the expense only went home only 3 times in all that time. I felt guilty at the thought of dragging everyone back to the uk, but at the same time could not see myself in OZ. I thought it was boring, and felt trapped, especially after my daughter moved back to UK. To cut a long story short we now are living in Dubai (a compromise), I have lost that empty feeling and feel much better about life, just knowing I can go home, and this place is not forever. As for my two remaining children who were crying, I've ruined there lives, and how great Australia was. After 3 months are doing more than they ever did there, and the eldest said the other day "I was thinking about it, it was a bit boring in Australia. I thought they would have had me stay there for the rest of my life if I'd of given in to their cries. So anyone going through the same thing, the kids get over it very quickly also a happy mum makes a better mum.

Mandy
Old Apr 4th 2007, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All that upset and fuss for what?

Yipee! I am a happy Mum again too and have to say that "Mum" is the lynchpin of our family so everyone is happier. Could not agree more about the boring part. Glad to hear you have escaped and have a more fulfilled life.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 10:02 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karaokeM View Post
Hi Everyone

I don't know if anyone remembers me. but we lived in Melbourne for 5 years and New Zealand for 7 years. I was never happy, and due to the expense only went home only 3 times in all that time. I felt guilty at the thought of dragging everyone back to the uk, but at the same time could not see myself in OZ. I thought it was boring, and felt trapped, especially after my daughter moved back to UK. To cut a long story short we now are living in Dubai (a compromise), I have lost that empty feeling and feel much better about life, just knowing I can go home, and this place is not forever. As for my two remaining children who were crying, I've ruined there lives, and how great Australia was. After 3 months are doing more than they ever did there, and the eldest said the other day "I was thinking about it, it was a bit boring in Australia. I thought they would have had me stay there for the rest of my life if I'd of given in to their cries. So anyone going through the same thing, the kids get over it very quickly also a happy mum makes a better mum.

Mandy

Hiya Mandy - I remember you well - I'm so glad that you are happy now and enjoying your life again. I remember that you were so bored in Oz werent you? Dubai sounds brilliant (and closer to home). So glad too that your kids are happy too. Any karaoke nights planned there yet?

Well done - keep having fun
Old Apr 4th 2007, 10:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone

Mandy

Another happy bunny good for you.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Everyone

Mandy
I do remember you and you have escaped! Glad to hear everything is better,very glad about the children.

I am still going home but I have a few problems at the moment to sort out before it happens.

All the best.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 12:06 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Another escapee is happy!

Gives us all hope!!!
Old Apr 5th 2007, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

When I flew over Dubia when I was coming back to Perth a couple of weeks ago, there was actually cars and stuff going on I could see from the plane at 12pm at night!!!

Bloody hell, there is life after 9pm in places

Glad your happier....
Old Apr 5th 2007, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

karaokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LouiseD View Post
Hiya Mandy - I remember you well - I'm so glad that you are happy now and enjoying your life again. I remember that you were so bored in Oz werent you? Dubai sounds brilliant (and closer to home). So glad too that your kids are happy too. Any karaoke nights planned there yet?

Well done - keep having fun
Hi

Louise,the karaoke nights are so much better atmosphere, I'm even thinking of setting up a business doing karaoke for home parties, I have the equipment and there is a market for it apparently.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

bramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to behold

Hi Everyone

Mandy
I am pleased that it has worked out for you, it gives hope to the rest of us
Old Apr 6th 2007, 12:02 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Louise,the karaoke nights are so much better atmosphere, I'm even thinking of setting up a business doing karaoke for home parties, I have the equipment and there is a market for it apparently.
Go for it!! A business doing what you love, what more could you ask for
Old Apr 8th 2007, 9:13 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone

Mandy
So glad it had worked out for you - we came back to the UK from Oz last year - couldn't agree with you more that a happy Mum makes for a happy family unit and Mum's should never feel guilty about moving their brood - kids are so resilient - they are happy anywhere as long as they have happy, loving parents.