British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   All that upset and fuss for what? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/all-upset-fuss-what-439881/)

karaokeM Apr 4th 2007 1:09 pm

All that upset and fuss for what?

Hi Everyone

I don't know if anyone remembers me. but we lived in Melbourne for 5 years and New Zealand for 7 years. I was never happy, and due to the expense only went home only 3 times in all that time. I felt guilty at the thought of dragging everyone back to the uk, but at the same time could not see myself in OZ. I thought it was boring, and felt trapped, especially after my daughter moved back to UK. To cut a long story short we now are living in Dubai (a compromise), I have lost that empty feeling and feel much better about life, just knowing I can go home, and this place is not forever. As for my two remaining children who were crying, I've ruined there lives, and how great Australia was. After 3 months are doing more than they ever did there, and the eldest said the other day "I was thinking about it, it was a bit boring in Australia. I thought they would have had me stay there for the rest of my life if I'd of given in to their cries. So anyone going through the same thing, the kids get over it very quickly also a happy mum makes a better mum.

Mandy

seasprite Apr 4th 2007 1:33 pm

Re: All that upset and fuss for what?

Yipee! I am a happy Mum again too and have to say that "Mum" is the lynchpin of our family so everyone is happier. Could not agree more about the boring part. Glad to hear you have escaped and have a more fulfilled life. :thumbup:

LouiseD Apr 4th 2007 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by karaokeM (Post 4601144)
Hi Everyone

I don't know if anyone remembers me. but we lived in Melbourne for 5 years and New Zealand for 7 years. I was never happy, and due to the expense only went home only 3 times in all that time. I felt guilty at the thought of dragging everyone back to the uk, but at the same time could not see myself in OZ. I thought it was boring, and felt trapped, especially after my daughter moved back to UK. To cut a long story short we now are living in Dubai (a compromise), I have lost that empty feeling and feel much better about life, just knowing I can go home, and this place is not forever. As for my two remaining children who were crying, I've ruined there lives, and how great Australia was. After 3 months are doing more than they ever did there, and the eldest said the other day "I was thinking about it, it was a bit boring in Australia. I thought they would have had me stay there for the rest of my life if I'd of given in to their cries. So anyone going through the same thing, the kids get over it very quickly also a happy mum makes a better mum.

Mandy

Hiya Mandy - I remember you well - I'm so glad that you are happy now and enjoying your life again. I remember that you were so bored in Oz werent you? Dubai sounds brilliant (and closer to home). So glad too that your kids are happy too. Any karaoke nights planned there yet?

Well done - keep having fun :thumbsup:

jad n rich Apr 4th 2007 9:29 pm

Hi Everyone

Mandy

Another happy bunny:D good for you.

blowfly Apr 4th 2007 11:01 pm

Hi Everyone

Mandy

I do remember you and you have escaped! Glad to hear everything is better,very glad about the children.

I am still going home but I have a few problems at the moment to sort out before it happens.

All the best.

TraceyW Apr 4th 2007 11:06 pm

Another escapee is happy!

Gives us all hope!!!:thumbsup:

Kath & Graham Apr 5th 2007 4:31 am

When I flew over Dubia when I was coming back to Perth a couple of weeks ago, there was actually cars and stuff going on I could see from the plane at 12pm at night!!!

Bloody hell, there is life after 9pm in places:rofl:

Glad your happier....

karaokeM Apr 5th 2007 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by LouiseD (Post 4603223)
Hiya Mandy - I remember you well - I'm so glad that you are happy now and enjoying your life again. I remember that you were so bored in Oz werent you? Dubai sounds brilliant (and closer to home). So glad too that your kids are happy too. Any karaoke nights planned there yet?

Well done - keep having fun :thumbsup:

Hi

Louise,the karaoke nights are so much better atmosphere, I'm even thinking of setting up a business doing karaoke for home parties, I have the equipment and there is a market for it apparently.

bramblebush Apr 5th 2007 7:18 pm

Hi Everyone

Mandy

I am pleased that it has worked out for you, it gives hope to the rest of us ;)

LouiseD Apr 5th 2007 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by karaokeM (Post 4605529)
Hi

Louise,the karaoke nights are so much better atmosphere, I'm even thinking of setting up a business doing karaoke for home parties, I have the equipment and there is a market for it apparently.

Go for it!! A business doing what you love, what more could you ask for :thumbsup:

pommybird Apr 8th 2007 8:13 am

Hi Everyone

Mandy

So glad it had worked out for you - we came back to the UK from Oz last year - couldn't agree with you more that a happy Mum makes for a happy family unit and Mum's should never feel guilty about moving their brood - kids are so resilient - they are happy anywhere as long as they have happy, loving parents.