British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   All I want for Christmas is.. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/all-i-want-christmas-888951/)

SultanOfSwing Dec 22nd 2016 7:22 pm

Re: All I want for Christmas is..

Originally Posted by livinginnyc (Post 12134920)
Wait :blink:

Does that mean rolled like a sausage? as that doesn't sound good for anyone concerned, more like a felony.

Or she would throw sausage rolls at you until you were out of the house :unsure:

Or, more plausible...

1) I ate you out of sausage rolls,
or
2) I was sick of Sausage rolls (impossible),

Devil is in the details and all that jazz.

Now you're getting closer to the mark!

BTW to 'invite' me to your house (I work sortof like a vampire), just spin around 3 times in a pitch black bathroom and say my name into a mirror and boom... Your wine is gone and I'm passed out under the xmas tree :eek: Way cheaper way to travel than Virgin America.

If you were passed out under my Xmas tree, you'd be buried under a massive pile of presents, thus proving we bought way too many things for our relatives once again this year, with a cat trying to bite your ears off because you are in her spot.

To add insult to injury, we have no sausage rolls, either.

Sugarmooma Dec 22nd 2016 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12134895)
Are you trying to say there is such a thing as too many sausage rolls?

Originally Posted by Nutek (Post 12134905)
:blink:

Don't panic Mr Jones!

I would never think of such a thing. I'm just trying to entice people to do my list of chores.

To be honest, today is crap at work and I am about to give up on Christmas. I was hoping to leave early to grocery shop and now that's not happening. 5 o'clock in the store is not going to be fun:thumbdown:

mrken30 Dec 22nd 2016 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 12134923)
Don't panic Mr Jones!

I would never think of such a thing. I'm just trying to entice people to do my list of chores.

To be honest, today is crap at work and I am about to give up on Christmas. I was hoping to leave early to grocery shop and now that's not happening. 5 o'clock in the store is not going to be fun:thumbdown:

there are two more shopping/work days left before Xmas. Back at work Tuesday, the thing that get's me is that managers are saying enjoy your time off at every other meeting. It's one day FFS! Manager get more PTO than the workers.

SultanOfSwing Dec 22nd 2016 7:26 pm

Don't panic Mr Jones!

I would gladly do your list of chores if I didn't have one of my own that stretched to inside the orbit of Venus.

Working this close to Christmas sucks goat balls. Everyone has shut down mentally and nothing productive gets done. I'm not even sure if we'll get out early tomorrow, since it's only Christmas Eve Eve, so I may have to abuse my salary privileges if it gets to it.

5pm at the shops is bad enough at a normal time of the year but at least you're not going to be there on Christmas Eve. I've done the emergency last-minute food run on the way home from work on the 24th in years past and it is utter Bedlam.

livinginnyc Dec 22nd 2016 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12134922)
Or she would throw sausage rolls at you until you were out of the house :unsure:

That would be counter-productive.

If you were passed out under my Xmas tree, you'd be buried under a massive pile of presents, thus proving we bought way too many things for our relatives once again this year, with a cat trying to bite your ears off because you are in her spot.

We came to an arrangement and used gifts to create a mini Berlin wall to separate territories. I think.

To add insult to injury, we have no sausage rolls, either.

This must be remedied! To the store!

Don't tell Nutek, but we have no Stollen (neither of us can stand Marzipan).

Rete Dec 22nd 2016 7:33 pm

Don't panic Mr Jones!

It will be better than on Christmas Eve or tomorrow.

SultanOfSwing Dec 22nd 2016 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by livinginnyc (Post 12134931)
That would be counter-productive.

I did suspect that throwing sausage rolls at you would only intice you in, rather than drive you out.

I still like the idea of the tactical sausage roll, however.

We came to an arrangement and used gifts to create a mini Berlin wall to separate territories. I think.

Strangely (and disturbingly) I can see my cat being 100% on board with this.

This must be remedied! To the store!

Don't tell Nutek, but we have no Stollen (neither of us can stand Marzipan).

I can't be arsed making sausage rolls, if I were to be honest.

We don't have stollen either. I don't like raisins that aren't covered in chocolate.

mrken30 Dec 22nd 2016 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12134935)
I did suspect that throwing sausage rolls at you would only intice you in, rather than drive you out.

I still like the idea of the tactical sausage roll, however.

Strangely (and disturbingly) I can see my cat being 100% on board with this.

I can't be arsed making sausage rolls, if I were to be honest.

We don't have stollen either. I don't like raisins that aren't covered in chocolate.

Are you more of a chocolate log type person?Like the one below free from festive chocolate.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tl0A3T8JbI...1114%2B(1).JPG

SultanOfSwing Dec 22nd 2016 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12134941)
Are you more of a chocolate log type person?Like the one below free from festive chocolate.

That picture right there - that's the War on Christmas everyone's talking about :nod:

I prefer my Yule logs to be the full fat, added milk and double the gluten variety.

livinginnyc Dec 22nd 2016 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12134941)

If you don't want that I'll gladly take it off your hands :starsmile:

SultanOfSwing Dec 22nd 2016 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by livinginnyc (Post 12134948)
If you don't want that I'll gladly take it off your hands :starsmile:

Didn't you read the packaging? Dairy/milk free chocolate? Gluten free cake?

It almost made me cry.

mrken30 Dec 22nd 2016 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12134953)

It almost made me cry.

They never put taste free on these packages. Totally with you on full fat , gluten loaded cake is the way to go.

livinginnyc Dec 22nd 2016 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12134953)

It almost made me cry.

Yule cake is Yule Cake, as long as it's got no GMO's I'll happily take if off your hands. I'm not picky (aside from GMO).

SultanOfSwing Dec 22nd 2016 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12134957)
They never put taste free on these packages. Totally with you on full fat , gluten loaded cake is the way to go.

Maybe it tastes OK, but I can't see how good the frosting could be without milk in it.

md95065 Dec 22nd 2016 8:13 pm