Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

All I want for Christmas is..

All I want for Christmas is..

Old Dec 22nd 2016, 6:22 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All I want for Christmas is..

Originally Posted by livinginnyc
Wait

Does that mean rolled like a sausage? as that doesn't sound good for anyone concerned, more like a felony.
Or she would throw sausage rolls at you until you were out of the house

Or, more plausible...

1) I ate you out of sausage rolls,
or
2) I was sick of Sausage rolls (impossible),

Devil is in the details and all that jazz.
Now you're getting closer to the mark!

BTW to 'invite' me to your house (I work sortof like a vampire), just spin around 3 times in a pitch black bathroom and say my name into a mirror and boom... Your wine is gone and I'm passed out under the xmas tree Way cheaper way to travel than Virgin America.
If you were passed out under my Xmas tree, you'd be buried under a massive pile of presents, thus proving we bought way too many things for our relatives once again this year, with a cat trying to bite your ears off because you are in her spot.

To add insult to injury, we have no sausage rolls, either.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 6:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Are you trying to say there is such a thing as too many sausage rolls?
Originally Posted by Nutek
Don't panic Mr Jones!

I would never think of such a thing. I'm just trying to entice people to do my list of chores.

To be honest, today is crap at work and I am about to give up on Christmas. I was hoping to leave early to grocery shop and now that's not happening. 5 o'clock in the store is not going to be fun
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 6:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Don't panic Mr Jones!

I would never think of such a thing. I'm just trying to entice people to do my list of chores.

To be honest, today is crap at work and I am about to give up on Christmas. I was hoping to leave early to grocery shop and now that's not happening. 5 o'clock in the store is not going to be fun
there are two more shopping/work days left before Xmas. Back at work Tuesday, the thing that get's me is that managers are saying enjoy your time off at every other meeting. It's one day FFS! Manager get more PTO than the workers.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 6:26 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Don't panic Mr Jones!

I would gladly do your list of chores if I didn't have one of my own that stretched to inside the orbit of Venus.

Working this close to Christmas sucks goat balls. Everyone has shut down mentally and nothing productive gets done. I'm not even sure if we'll get out early tomorrow, since it's only Christmas Eve Eve, so I may have to abuse my salary privileges if it gets to it.

5pm at the shops is bad enough at a normal time of the year but at least you're not going to be there on Christmas Eve. I've done the emergency last-minute food run on the way home from work on the 24th in years past and it is utter Bedlam.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 6:29 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Or she would throw sausage rolls at you until you were out of the house
That would be counter-productive.

If you were passed out under my Xmas tree, you'd be buried under a massive pile of presents, thus proving we bought way too many things for our relatives once again this year, with a cat trying to bite your ears off because you are in her spot.
We came to an arrangement and used gifts to create a mini Berlin wall to separate territories. I think.

To add insult to injury, we have no sausage rolls, either.
This must be remedied! To the store!

Don't tell Nutek, but we have no Stollen (neither of us can stand Marzipan).
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 6:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Don't panic Mr Jones!

It will be better than on Christmas Eve or tomorrow.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 6:34 pm
I have a comma problem

That would be counter-productive.
I did suspect that throwing sausage rolls at you would only intice you in, rather than drive you out.

I still like the idea of the tactical sausage roll, however.

We came to an arrangement and used gifts to create a mini Berlin wall to separate territories. I think.
Strangely (and disturbingly) I can see my cat being 100% on board with this.

This must be remedied! To the store!

Don't tell Nutek, but we have no Stollen (neither of us can stand Marzipan).
I can't be arsed making sausage rolls, if I were to be honest.

We don't have stollen either. I don't like raisins that aren't covered in chocolate.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

I did suspect that throwing sausage rolls at you would only intice you in, rather than drive you out.

I still like the idea of the tactical sausage roll, however.

Strangely (and disturbingly) I can see my cat being 100% on board with this.

I can't be arsed making sausage rolls, if I were to be honest.

We don't have stollen either. I don't like raisins that aren't covered in chocolate.
Are you more of a chocolate log type person?Like the one below free from festive chocolate.

Last edited by mrken30; Dec 22nd 2016 at 6:43 pm.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 6:45 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by mrken30
Are you more of a chocolate log type person?Like the one below free from festive chocolate.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tl0A3T8JbI...1114%2B(1).JPG
That picture right there - that's the War on Christmas everyone's talking about

I prefer my Yule logs to be the full fat, added milk and double the gluten variety.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 6:56 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tl0A3T8JbI...1114%2B(1).JPG
If you don't want that I'll gladly take it off your hands
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 7:01 pm
I have a comma problem

If you don't want that I'll gladly take it off your hands
Didn't you read the packaging? Dairy/milk free chocolate? Gluten free cake?

It almost made me cry.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 7:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It almost made me cry.
They never put taste free on these packages. Totally with you on full fat , gluten loaded cake is the way to go.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 7:07 pm
Sasstronaut

It almost made me cry.
Yule cake is Yule Cake, as long as it's got no GMO's I'll happily take if off your hands. I'm not picky (aside from GMO).
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 7:12 pm
I have a comma problem

They never put taste free on these packages. Totally with you on full fat , gluten loaded cake is the way to go.
Maybe it tastes OK, but I can't see how good the frosting could be without milk in it.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.