Airline Finances

Old Jul 28th 2020, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Airline Finances

This is a thread for those who want to talk about airline finances.

https://simpleflying.com/compare-finances-2q2020/

As we know the airlines have been taking massive hits this year.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jul 28th 2020 at 4:52 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Yankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud of
Default Re: Airline Finances

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
This is a thread for those who want to talk about airline finances as I guess we need separate threads for everything now.

https://simpleflying.com/compare-finances-2q2020/

As we know the airlines have been taking massive hits this year.
As bad as this sounds given the inevitable job losses, we will see some consolidation in the European market, which is badly needed. The US market is already pretty consolidated, though. At any rate, it is going to be a bloodbath...
Old Jul 28th 2020, 4:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yankashire
As bad as this sounds given the inevitable job losses, we will see some consolidation in the European market, which is badly needed. The US market is already pretty consolidated, though. At any rate, it is going to be a bloodbath...
Only consolidation I could see really for the US, is maybe on the regional airline side, and maybe an Alaska and Jetblue tie up or Frontier and Spirit, but I don't see any chance for any of the big 4 (United, Southwest, American, Delta) being allowed to consolidate further. I could see American consolidating their wholly owned regional's, Compass Airlines has already more or less gone under as they lost all their flying with Delta and American.

Frontier and Spirit I'd put the biggest odds on if there will be any mergers, 2 ULCC merging to create a bigger one would really give the majors a run for their money.

Canada I don't see much consolidation at all.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jul 28th 2020 at 4:50 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Yankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Only consolidation I could see really for the US, is maybe in the regional airline side, and maybe an Alaska and Jetblue tie up or Frontier and Spirit, but I don't see any chance for any of the big 4 (United, Southwest, American, Delta) being allowed to consolidate further.

Frontier and Spirit I'd put the biggest odds on if there will be any mergers, 2 ULCC merging to create a bigger one would really give the majors a run for their money.

Canada I don't see much consolidation at all.
I think even the current DOJ would take issue with further consolidation among the big players in the US. A bankruptcy could shake things up, though. I hear American is a financial disaster, but I'm no expert.

Canada's market is too small to endure much consolidation without monopoly or antitrust concerns popping up, I would think. Then again, anything that raises Air Canada's standards would be fine with me...

Edit: Unless anyone here works for Air Canada, in which case they're my favourite 🙂

Last edited by Yankashire; Jul 28th 2020 at 4:54 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 5:33 pm
Banned

The Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond repute
Default Airline Finances

Originally Posted by civilservant

Have you met Americans? A good number of them do that every 4 years (and every 2, come to mention it) as a bare minimum.
Yes, it's stupefying...

It's clearly the corporate owned and operated media.. This is the end result of the concentration of media ownership into the hands of few war profiteering corporations... You get brainwashed people...

When I hear someone call it "the liberal media", I know instantly that they are woefully ignorant. CNN and MSNBC never met a war they did'nt love..They never critic banks, insurance or big pharma companies and never address the gross inequities in America- It's not liberal- Its 100% corporate owned, operated and sponsered. I saw a Boeing commercial on MSNBC...What the hell are they trying to sell me? I'm not buying a 777 anytime soon

I'll go to the other thread now

Last edited by The Mirror; Jul 28th 2020 at 5:39 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 5:44 pm
Banned

The Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yankashire
I think even the current DOJ would take issue with further consolidation among the big players in the US. A bankruptcy could shake things up, though. I hear American is a financial disaster, but I'm no expert.

Canada's market is too small to endure much consolidation without monopoly or antitrust concerns popping up, I would think. Then again, anything that raises Air Canada's standards would be fine with me...
Well, you really do get what you pay for, and that's a cattle car. Even before covid you could fly halfway across the country for the price of a tank of gas...In a big pickup truck

Old Jul 31st 2020, 9:57 pm
Account Closed

Air Canada lost $1.7 billion CAD$ in 2nd quarter

2019 2nd quarter saw a net income of $343 million for comparison.

"Revenues for the three months ended June 30 were $527 million, down from $4.74 billion in the second quarter of 2019. Passenger revenues fell to $207 million while cargo revenues increased 52 per cent to $269 million."

"has access to $9.12 billion of cash"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air...ings-1.5670104