Reload this Page >

Administration To Crack Down On Visa For Pregnant Women

Administration To Crack Down On Visa For Pregnant Women

Old Jan 26th 2020, 11:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Administration To Crack Down On Visa For Pregnant Women

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/31/asia/...est/index.html

The three people in custody had not given comment at time of publishing. All were charged "conspiracy to commit immigration fraud, international money laundering and identity theft," according to the DOJ statement.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Undoubtedly true but would they not want you to update the records?
Can of worms?
Old Jan 28th 2020, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Yankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by civilservant
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...tourism-102713

Apparently Trump is still not aware that an 'anchor baby' helps in no way whatsoever until they turn 21 and can sponsor their family.

That said, I am not opposed to this change - it makes it harder but not impossible for a soon-to-be mother to get a visa to visit the US.
Any lawful step to stop birth tourism is a step forward in my book.

I agree that the best way to deal with this would be to alter the language of the 14th Amendment, perhaps restricting birthright citizenship to the children of citizens, but I am not holding out much hope for that at the moment...