Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

90 Day Fiancee ... the Show

90 Day Fiancee ... the Show

Old Aug 6th 2018, 10:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default 90 Day Fiancee ... the Show

Last night TLC aired the next round of wanna be K-1 fiancées. Most definitely a motley crew of characters. One is an overweight 52 year grandma from the south who was approached unsolicited by a 30 year old male in Nigeria. They started talking and she is in love and has purchased an engagement ring for him (from the pawn shop) and is going to Nigeria to propose. Another is a 42 (hmmmm) year old woman from Middletown, CT with a 24 year old blonde male model from Amsterdam. The next one is a young mother, unmarried, who hooked up with a Brit. Unfortunately, he has numerous convictions and was turned down for a tourist visa to the US. He's a body builder. He does, however, send her money monthly to pay for childcare and she is saying things like "Sweetie, we are going to England to visit your daddy." No, he is not the biological father. They have never met. There are others and each is funnier and often sadder than the last. If you want to watch a train wreck this is the show for you. 90 Day Fiancee on TLC on Sunday nights.
Old Aug 6th 2018, 10:47 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 90 Day Fiancee ... the Show

Haha i ******* love trash TV. I watched this last night, the wife and i enjoy comparing how normal our marriage is compared to these.

Whilst watching it, i did hear about how the english guy apparently got turned down for a visa also. However, i do wonder if he just applied for an ESTA and got turned down for that as opposed to an actual visa. Having paid attention to immigration alot with my process, i find this show from previous seasons tends to dance around the terms loosely and they often aren't explained. My guess is his ESTA got declined and they thought it was a visa, we'll wait and see

The fact the woman from georgia had to put a $290 ring on layaway makes me wonder how in the hell she managed to afford a return flight to Nigeria in the first place.

Absolute belters.
Old Aug 7th 2018, 12:32 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

It would be great if they followed a typical K1 couple. But not great TV.For example me. marriage lasted 4.5 years. Or Rene lives in Phoenix whilst her Iranian husband lives in LA "making carpets"Or Sultan with Irish tendencies hangs out in Landscaping business. Obvious front. There must be many more dodgy dealings amongst the membership!
Old Aug 7th 2018, 12:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I watched a couple of seasons of this, but I'm done with it. Nearly every case is a train wreck one way or another, and there are only so many train wrecks I'm willing to spend my time watching.
Old Aug 7th 2018, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

It’s a can’t miss program for my wife. In fact I think she is watching it as I write this post.
Old Aug 7th 2018, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
It would be great if they followed a typical K1 couple. But not great TV.For example me. marriage lasted 4.5 years. Or Rene lives in Phoenix whilst her Iranian husband lives in LA "making carpets"Or Sultan with Irish tendencies hangs out in Landscaping business. Obvious front. There must be many more dodgy dealings amongst the membership!

​​Englishman working on roofs in Florida, sounds well iffy.
My missus went to school with the father of one of the 90 day wannabes, I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than suffer that kind of 'reality' tripe. It's only a short step from there to the Apprentice and look where that got us!
Old Aug 8th 2018, 10:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Wait, WHAT??!

Rene
Old Aug 8th 2018, 10:45 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I do watch the show and get a kick out of it, but the thing that bothers me most is that they keep saying the couples have 90 days to figure out if they want to get married. That's not the case. They are supposed to already know they want to get married, they have to sign affidavits stating so in order to even get the visa. Yes, things can change once they are together in the USA, if one finds out something about the other that calls off the wedding. But in general, that 90 days is not meant to get to know one another and decide to get married or not.

Rene
Old Aug 8th 2018, 11:16 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just having fun. I watched the 1st season, but there is nothing realistic about it. The BE cases i mentioned, and others, are far more interesting and believable! I imagine it is hard for a TV company to find typical K1 applicants.
Old Aug 8th 2018, 11:30 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just having fun. I watched the 1st season, but there is nothing realistic about it. The BE cases i mentioned, and others, are far more interesting and believable! I imagine it is hard for a TV company to find typical K1 applicants.
I think the whole object is to find total train wrecks; typical couples would be far too tame for reality tv!
Old Aug 8th 2018, 11:52 pm

Oh, whew! LOL. I agree, we have interesting cases right here!

I can relate to some of the issues the TV couples face, though. Mixing of two personalities is hard enough, and when you add the culture factor in, train wrecks can happen.

I love one of the earlier seasons couples...Kirlyan from Brazil, I think? They just had their first baby. No train wreck, they seem like a lovely couple!

Rene
Old Aug 9th 2018, 7:47 pm
BE Irregular

Originally Posted by zzrmark;12544192[b
]​​Englishman working on roofs in Florida, sounds well iffy. [/b]
My missus went to school with the father of one of the 90 day wannabes, I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than suffer that kind of 'reality' tripe. It's only a short step from there to the Apprentice and look where that got us!
That guy sounds Nuts And tough as. 90f in the shade right here. Breaking a sweat smoking a fag!
Old Aug 9th 2018, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

That guy sounds Nuts And tough as. 90f in the shade right here. Breaking a sweat smoking a fag!
Nuts and stubborn more like, I refuse to be beaten by a bit of warmth!

’Smoking a fag’ is one of those minor cultural differences that just doesn’t translate at all well on this side of the pond!!!
Old Aug 9th 2018, 9:48 pm
BE Irregular

Originally Posted by zzrmark

Nuts and stubborn more like, I refuse to be beaten by a bit of warmth!

’Smoking a fag’ is one of those minor cultural differences that just doesn’t translate at all well on this side of the pond!!!
I know, right? Just wanted to slip it in!
Old Aug 11th 2018, 4:14 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

And the single mother from New Mexico with the Brit bodybuilder have already got married in the U.K. - so they are not even K-1 applicants.

I enjoy the show for the train wrecks. But it does bother me that the "lawyers" these people are shown visiting give such bad advice and total misinformation. Last season a woman from Georgia who got divorced before the AOS had even got to interview was told she was "on the hook for 10 years to support him". Completely false. All she had to do was not attend the interview and withdraw the support. Another participant was told her "only option" was a K-3 if they got married overseas. And they talk of the affidavit of support like the person has to feed, clothe and house the immigrant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.