Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

90 day fiance - tv show!

90 day fiance - tv show!

Old Jan 1st 2014, 3:06 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute
Default 90 day fiance - tv show!

Anyone seen this? http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/90-day-fiance/about.htm

Looks quite interesting!
Old Jan 1st 2014, 4:47 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 90 day fiance - tv show!

It was mentioned on here before. I am looking forward to it!
Old Jan 14th 2014, 9:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I had company over and missed the first episode last Sunday. Did anyone here watch it?

Rene
Old Jan 14th 2014, 9:21 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I had company over and missed the first episode last Sunday. Did anyone here watch it?

Rene
Me & Mrs H did. We enjoyed it! The Brazilian girl who is 21 looks to inadvertently become a model in LA going from the next episode trailer. Though surely she's working illegally as she hadn't even married yet!

The 29yr old she's with strikes me as a really bizarre character, though he's a Mormon so I shouldn't really be surprised. Just a decidedly boring bloke really.

I feel sorry for the 26yr old Columbian who has ended up in OK with a stupidly religious family (shock!). What a 'mare!
Old Jan 14th 2014, 9:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Me & Mrs H did. We enjoyed it! The Brazilian girl who is 21 looks to inadvertently become a model in LA going from the next episode trailer. Though surely she's working illegally as she hadn't even married yet!
It's scary the number of Brazilians in the metrowest area who are here on the dodge. Most come as au-pairs or students and end up staying.

Though the missus worked with someone who married someone who came over in the back of a truck who got caught out by the IRS in the end, when the IRS realised that the SSN he was using to do his taxes with happened to be living and filing taxes in 8 different addresses, but they only actually noticed when the real person died and the taxes kept on being filed.

They never took the advice to see a immigration lawyer as she kept thinking they could easily sort it out as her dad was quite well to do. Didn't work
Old Jan 14th 2014, 9:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

K-1 visa holders are eligible to work the first 90 days in the USA, as long as the employer doesn't need them to file an I-9 employment verification form. Once the first 90 days is past, they need an EAD in hand to continue employment.

Sounds fun, I'll have to see if I can catch up on line and then watch next Sunday.

Rene
Old Jan 14th 2014, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

DebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond repute

The Russian girl was interesting too...She had apparently had an "employment visa" denied prior to K1.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 12:44 am
Banned

Originally Posted by DebzinUS
The Russian girl was interesting too...She had apparently had an "employment visa" denied prior to K1.
I wondered about that. I thought it must have been some kind of seasonal worker visa?
Old Jan 15th 2014, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebzinUS
Yes, I suspect her motives for marrying may be slightly less to do with love and more to do with her desire for a work visa! [cynical]. They seem very awkward together.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 2:04 am
Banned

Originally Posted by NatashaB
Yes, I suspect her motives for marrying may be slightly less to do with love and more to do with her desire for a work visa! [cynical]. They seem very awkward together.
The poor sod has sold up most of his assets to fund her it appears. Gotta feel for him when she does the dirty on him.

I wonder if she's aware of the 2 year conditional residency requirement?
Old Jan 15th 2014, 2:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Oops accidentally set the dvr to catch the repeat..
Old Jan 15th 2014, 4:02 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

The poor sod has sold up most of his assets to fund her it appears. Gotta feel for him when she does the dirty on him.

I wonder if she's aware of the 2 year conditional residency requirement?
She has no interest in him whatsoever.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Based on some of the body language and how some of the girls acted when with the guy's, I am not sure they are here for the guys, but simply trying to get into the US.

I say in 3 years do a reunion show and see if any are still together/married.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 2:12 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene
I did out of sheer curiousity. Not thrilled with it. The fiancee visa is not a "try off living together" visa as some of those seem to think.

Also surprised to see that one of the couples purported on the website to be on the series was not. There was a couple that was not advertised at all.

Did you try to pick out who was doing this as a way to get the US?
Old Jan 15th 2014, 3:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Rete
I did out of sheer curiousity. Not thrilled with it. The fiancee visa is not a "try off living together" visa as some of those seem to think.

Also surprised to see that one of the couples purported on the website to be on the series was not. There was a couple that was not advertised at all.

Did you try to pick out who was doing this as a way to get the US?
The 21 yr old Brasilian is way too young to be dating the 29yr old. Who is potentially the most boring person in LA. WTF is with his friend coming over to sleep with them to stop him from temptation?! That's just WEIRD.

She should run a million miles away from that situation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.