Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

90 Day Fiance - Discussion (and an observation).

90 Day Fiance - Discussion (and an observation).

Old Nov 19th 2015, 1:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 90 Day Fiance - Discussion (and an observation).

Originally Posted by Rete
I can't see any of them having a happy ending. The spoiled fiancée, Loren, now is insisting that he become an underwear model and he says "whatever Loren wants".

Devar is going to send home 90% of his earnings to his sisters in Jamaica so they can pay their mortgage. That was a news flash for his USC fiancée.

Aleksandra is dealing with a religious fanatical family and must toe the line to be liked by attending daily 6 am scripture readings.

Grandpa is complaining because his 19 yo fiancée is acting like a child

Noon is dealing with no privacy and roaches that are even in the refrigerator. At last they moved into a private apartment but she can't deal with his flirting at work to get bigger tips.

And lastly you have Fernando who believes he is the gift to the ladies who can't keep his zipper zipped and wants to marry her and move her into a home with mom and dad.
None of them are likely to last long are they.....just goes to show how little many of us know about our long-distance fiances, and what a leap of faith we make........
Old Nov 19th 2015, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure they just pick the oddest couples that apply to be on the show, makes for better tv.
Old Nov 19th 2015, 4:29 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
I'm pretty sure they just pick the oddest couples that apply to be on the show, makes for better tv.
Because America doesn't have the appetite for a serious, well researched documentary that shows the real issues and how they are resolved. Oh for the pre "reality TV" BBC fly-on-the-wall documentaries of the 70's and 80's.
Old Nov 19th 2015, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
None of them are likely to last long are they.....just goes to show how little many of us know about our long-distance fiances, and what a leap of faith we make........
I feel like I knew a lot more about my USC fiance and he me, than these dimwitted couples do.
Old Nov 19th 2015, 7:44 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BubbleChog
I feel like I knew a lot more about my USC fiance and he me, than these dimwitted couples do.
The then-future Mrs P and I knew more about each other before we ever even met face-to-face than we likely would have learned about each other through several years of movies and dinners, and generally "hanging out".
Old Aug 25th 2016, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

jaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond repute

It's back with Season 4! Did anyone watch episode 1 on Monday night? Usual mix of circumstances and I'm always wondering why they'd do it to themselves

"90 Day Fiance" Season 4 Episode 1 Full Recap: Will This Be the Best Season Yet?
Old Aug 25th 2016, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by jaffy23
.... Usual mix of circumstances and I'm always wondering why they'd do it to themselves .....
Go over to the US marriage-related visas subforum and start asking people when they show up.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

It's back with Season 4! Did anyone watch episode 1 on Monday night? Usual mix of circumstances and I'm always wondering why they'd do it to themselves

"90 Day Fiance" Season 4 Episode 1 Full Recap: Will This Be the Best Season Yet?
As usual not quite explaining the K1 visa properly either.

"According to immigration law, once the immigrant partner visits the US, couples have 90 days to decide if they will marry."

Maybe yes maybe no, they have to show intent to marry to get the visa.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

Get involved with USCIS or get involved with TLC? I'm not sure which is worse
Old Aug 25th 2016, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

jaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Go over to the US marriage-related visas subforum and start asking people when they show up.
Sorry, I meant usual mix of circumstances for the show.. Moving for love and maybe a better quality of life isn't always apparent in the show; which is why its such a car crash to watch.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 6:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Saw season 1 and 2 but we don't have TLC anymore.

Have they done any updates of previous seasons as to if any of them lasted?
Old Aug 25th 2016, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry, I meant usual mix of circumstances for the show.. Moving for love and maybe a better quality of life isn't always apparent in the show; which is why its such a car crash to watch.
Yeah but you know they choose the couples purely becasue they think it will be car crash TV. There's no ratings in watching people fill out AOS forms because they were grown up about a long distance relationship
Old Aug 25th 2016, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

osgood will become famous soon enoughosgood will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Saw season 1 and 2 but we don't have TLC anymore.

Have they done any updates of previous seasons as to if any of them lasted?
Old Aug 25th 2016, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

So myself and the Mrs watched some of these for giggles when we were going through the K1 process.

Our opinion was that if these .... people ... could do it successfully then so could we.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by tom169
So myself and the Mrs watched some of these for giggles when we were going through the K1 process.

Our opinion was that if these .... people ... could do it successfully then so could we.
IMO 90%+ of people who come to BE with questions about the K-1/CR-1 process have NOTHING to worry about. The only people with real problems have drugs issues or a serious criminal reorder or mental health issues.

Last edited by Pulaski; Aug 25th 2016 at 9:51 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.