Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

4th of July Celebrations

4th of July Celebrations

Old Jul 4th 2009, 7:37 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 4th of July Celebrations

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
I'm a 2-3 hours south of you ...central Illinois ...surrounded by bible bashing yokels ...2 hours from Chicago it might as well be 2 centuries
I hear you.

I love traveling south in Illinois, especially when you get to the Farmers signs that are staggered

YOU WONT

TAKE

MY GUNS

etc
Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
We're not allowed fireworks, apparently people in Illinois can't be trusted with anything that has a real amount of powder in it.
We are not allowed to have them in California (San Diego County anyhow) just had to do with the professional displays.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:29 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
We are not allowed to have them in California (San Diego County anyhow) just had to do with the professional displays.
They are legal here in Northern California, there are Firework sales on every corner
Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:42 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Well we had a good parade in the end.

The rain held off and the whole 70% of the neighborhood came out and about 60% of those people were actually in the parade, which is nice.

It's a very kid orientated area, I'd day 50% of the households have kids so the parade was packed with strollers and bikes and Radio Flyers, all tarted up with ribbons etc.

Here's my Little One in her buggy. I did the decorations. "what a guy", her mum added the two flags though.

I only had one comment about being British as well but, soon shut him up by telling him the Blue in the US flag is royal blue.... might not be but it shut him up for a bit.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:07 pm
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

The rain held off and the whole 70% of the neighborhood came out and about 60% of those people were actually in the parade, which is nice.

It's a very kid orientated area, I'd day 50% of the households have kids so the parade was packed with strollers and bikes and Radio Flyers, all tarted up with ribbons etc.

Here's my Little One in her buggy. I did the decorations. "what a guy", her mum added the two flags though.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2559/...3d7b09b8da.jpg

I only had one comment about being British as well but, soon shut him up by telling him the Blue in the US flag is royal blue.... might not be but it shut him up for a bit.
Aww! Lovely pic!
Old Jul 4th 2009, 11:09 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2559/...3d7b09b8da.jpg

Lovely and your wee one is as cute as a button,