Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

4th of July Celebrations

4th of July Celebrations

Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:32 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold
Default 4th of July Celebrations

I arrived in the USA on the 3rd of July 2008 not married and not with a 3 month old baby!

So this time of year has allot of meaning for me! It's also my birthday on the 7th of July and my parents arrive from England on the 12th.

Our neighborhood has a parade that winds its way around all the streets ending on ours, and the theme this year is "YES WE CAN". Anyway, I'm tarting up the nippers stroller with a million ribbons and bows and walking in the parade. THERE ARE PRIZES TO BE HAD!!!!

And I'll be wearing my Yes we can t shirt

What are you all doing to celebrate? Obviously some of you are bitter buggers and will be boycotting the day and wearing your St Georges Cross around your necks like a cape.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4th of July Celebrations

As an American, I can say that I ain't doing diddley for the 4th. If my OH can actually get our new grill together, we may be able to have a decent grilled steak, otherwise it's just another day. I'll probably spend it shampooing the carpets or cleaning something. Then I'll get to hear the gigantic booms of fireworks all night long which will likely scare the living sh*t out of the dogs.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:39 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Going to my sister's in Jersey for the holiday weekend. First time in 20 years I've done that. She is hosting a lovely party in the backyard with bbq and swimming (if the rain holds off and the sunshines). Spending the night at a place on the shore and hope to catch some fireworks.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:45 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be searching out bitter Brits (made easier to find by their display of a St Georges Cross cape) to torment with chants of, "We sure kicked your ass, limey."
Old Jul 1st 2009, 3:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm out of the country so not doing anything.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 3:39 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a couple of friends from Blighty who are going to be here to celebrate "offloading the colonies day". There will copious consumption of all three food groups (beer, meat and cheese), then we may check out some of the local festivities as well.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 3:40 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Just another day, doing nothing.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Happy 4th of july to all of our american friends. Looking forward to watching the concert on the whitehouse lawn again this year......or has that been axed by the budgetary constraints?
Old Jul 1st 2009, 3:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't usually do anything to celebrate, but this year I'm going to my sister's house in Tucson. She's having a little BBQ party. No fireworks, but still a nice day with the family and friends.

Rene
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:07 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

I've never done anything before but this year Mum and 1 brother are here, so we will be going to the local parade and then fireworks in the evening which are all within walking/staggering distance

Of course all this depends on it EVER stopping raining here
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:26 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by willmore
Happy 4th of july to all of our american friends. Looking forward to watching the concert on the whitehouse lawn again this year......or has that been axed by the budgetary constraints?
Happy Canada day to you.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

I just realised we've been here 4 years today.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:55 pm
Wondering if...

celticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think we're doing anything special, but balancing it by doing nothing special for Tynwald Day on the 5th either.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 5:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
Your getting the days mixed up again. It's not until Saturday...today's Wednesday the 1st...Canada Day.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 7:33 pm
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

We will be down in Santa Cruz going to Laguna Seca to watch the MotoGP bike racing.

Whilst away I will mostly I will be worrying about the neighbours burning down my house with their fireworks...

"Celebrate the independence of your country, by blowing a small piece of it up"

Apooooo "The Simpson's"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.