2020 Election

Old Jul 31st 2019, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by civilservant
I liked O'Rourke (as I mentioned earlier on in the thread) but it seems that it was easy to like him when he was running against Cruz but against the rest of the field, not so much.

I don't really like Warren or Sanders policies, but boy do I believe Warren when she speaks. Bernie on the other hand, grates on me. This time around he seems irrelevant and entitled.
O'Rouke isn't going to be around much longer.

Agree with you on Sanders and Warren. If it were a choice between those two I feel I would vote for Warren. Of course, those two aren't actually debating each other at this point so it's early days.

I increasingly like Buttigieg, even though I still can't pronounce his name. On the flip side my biggest disappointment is Klobuchar. I had high expectations of here and they just haven't been met. Really shot herself in the foot with her "economic anxiety" comment.

Oh and CNN did a lot better job on debate logistics than NBC did. Not that that was difficult!

Last edited by Giantaxe; Jul 31st 2019 at 4:56 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 6:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
The whole Mueller hearing was pointless because everyone has already made up their minds about the Mueller report. It didn't change anything. Pelosi isn't going to start impeachment proceedings until there is the smoking gun that is never going to appear.

All that is going to happen is that Democrats will keep saying how Trump isn't fit to be President while doing nothing about it, but still giving him the votes for increasing the defense spending while asking how we pay for free college.
Do you think Pelosi SHOULD start impeachment proceedings, knowing full well that, as things stand today, the procedure will fail? Yes, it will provide political theater but is that in anyone's interest? The republican's effort to impeach Bill Clinton not only failed, but increased his popularity. That's the last thing we want to do for Trump.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe

Agree with you on Sanders and Warren. If it were a choice between those two I feel I would vote for Warren. Of course, those two aren't actually debating each other at this point so it's early days.
I agree also. They both get on my nerves in a way that makes me worry that they won't pass the sniff test in the final competition (the one that matters). But Warren does come across as sincere / committed, and if she were to win, I'd be happy. Hoping that Harris does well ...
Old Jul 31st 2019, 6:52 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Do you think Pelosi SHOULD start impeachment proceedings, knowing full well that, as things stand today, the procedure will fail? Yes, it will provide political theater but is that in anyone's interest? The republican's effort to impeach Bill Clinton not only failed, but increased his popularity. That's the last thing we want to do for Trump.
Yeah Pelosi should begin impeachment proceedings if she thinks that Trump's conduct has been impeachable. Based on her rhetoric I think that would be a true statement. If she doesn't then that would mean she was putting party before country. Doesn't that mean any criticism of a Republican supporting Trump seems rather hollow?

Also the theatre puts Trump's conduct front and center in the media rather than Trump's latest racist tweets.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah Pelosi should begin impeachment proceedings if she thinks that Trump's conduct has been impeachable. Based on her rhetoric I think that would be a true statement. If she doesn't then that would mean she was putting party before country. Doesn't that mean any criticism of a Republican supporting Trump seems rather hollow?

Also the theatre puts Trump's conduct front and center in the media rather than Trump's latest racist tweets.
If starting a process that backfires and gives Trump the sympathy vote (as it did with Clinton) and allows him to win the next election is 'putting country first', then that's a weird way of putting the country first.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 7:59 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

If starting a process that backfires and gives Trump the sympathy vote (as it did with Clinton) and allows him to win the next election is 'putting country first', then that's a weird way of putting the country first.
If you think that a President is corrupt and should be impeached and choose to do nothing about because it might hurt your party, then I don't know of any other way to describe it.

If you don't think Trump should be impeached, then I guess you don't think that anything he is doing is that bad for the country. How can he be a monster who should not be President, but at the same time the option to remove him from office is not being used. And yes I know the Republicans won't convict in the Senate. Then get them on record as such. Because right now it is Pelosi and the Democrats who are saying he isn't that bad. What sort of message does this send to minorities in this country than Trump's policies are hurting so badly? Is that going to encourage them to vote for Democrats if they are prepared to fight for them.

Also, I think it's a false equivalence to compare Trump to Clinton on impeachment. And it's bullshit anyway. From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeac..._ramifications

"While Clinton's job approval rating rose during the Clinton-Lewinsky scandal and subsequent impeachment, his poll numbers with regard to questions of honesty, integrity and moral character declined.[39] As a result, "moral character" and "honesty" weighed heavily in the next presidential election. According to The Daily Princetonian, after the 2000 presidential election, "post-election polls found that, in the wake of Clinton-era scandals, the single most significant reason people voted for Bush was for his moral character."
Old Jul 31st 2019, 8:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tonight should be somewhat more diverse.

Last night there were only really 2 contenders who seemed to have agreed not to have a go at each other, tonight should be more interesting.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 8:06 pm
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by Boiler
Tonight should be somewhat more diverse.

Last night there were only really 2 contenders who seemed to have agreed not to have a go at each other, tonight should be more interesting.
Biden has hinted that he will go after Harris' record as a prosecutor. It will be interesting to see how that affects things.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 8:44 pm
Account Closed

Biden has hinted that he will go after Harris' record as a prosecutor. It will be interesting to see how that affects things.
Yesterday was rather boring, hopefully the blood will flow today.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 9:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If you don't think Trump should be impeached, then I guess you don't think that anything he is doing is that bad for the country. How can he be a monster who should not be President, but at the same time the option to remove him from office is not being used. And yes I know the Republicans won't convict in the Senate. Then get them on record as such. Because right now it is Pelosi and the Democrats who are saying he isn't that bad. What sort of message does this send to minorities in this country than Trump's policies are hurting so badly? Is that going to encourage them to vote for Democrats if they are prepared to fight for them.
Nothing would make me happier than to see Trump impeached (well ... it would give us Pence, would it not ... but let's ignore that nightmare for now). I think he deserves it. But if we know it won't succeed, then it is a rhetorical effort, and we have to consider the ramifications. So if I thought the process would do him harm, I'd be in favor of it. I'm not convinced either way; yes, focusing on his bad behavior may work for the democrats, but it may not. I'd prefer to see the democrats focus on putting a good candidate forward, and proposing realistic policies.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 9:26 pm
I love my brick!

Nothing would make me happier than to see Trump impeached (well ... it would give us Pence, would it not ... but let's ignore that nightmare for now). I think he deserves it. But if we know it won't succeed, then it is a rhetorical effort, and we have to consider the ramifications. So if I thought the process would do him harm, I'd be in favor of it. I'm not convinced either way; yes, focusing on his bad behavior may work for the democrats, but it may not. I'd prefer to see the democrats focus on putting a good candidate forward, and proposing realistic policies.
I don't see how impeaching helps Trump. He would no longer control the narrative. I just don't see the downside. Again you're playing politics though, why if Trump is so bad wouldn't you want to impeach. Is it because even though you think Trump is terrible, he isn't really doing anything that hurts you personally?

It's the same with your talk of "realistic" policies. With the current corruption in Washington, the only "realistic" policies are the ones that help the rich. Bernie Sanders is the only one actually talking about a solution to the question of how you get anything passed. You go to the people. You campaign against anyone that gets in your way. He still needs to go further and be clear that this means centrist Democrats as well as Republicans. But some of the other clowns seem to think that once Trump is defeated that somehow the fever will break and Republicans will suddenly become sensible again. Apparently they have problems with their memory and forget when Obama was President.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 10:10 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I don't see how impeaching helps Trump. He would no longer control the narrative. I just don't see the downside. Again you're playing politics though, why if Trump is so bad wouldn't you want to impeach. Is it because even though you think Trump is terrible, he isn't really doing anything that hurts you personally?

It's the same with your talk of "realistic" policies. With the current corruption in Washington, the only "realistic" policies are the ones that help the rich. Bernie Sanders is the only one actually talking about a solution to the question of how you get anything passed. You go to the people. You campaign against anyone that gets in your way. He still needs to go further and be clear that this means centrist Democrats as well as Republicans. But some of the other clowns seem to think that once Trump is defeated that somehow the fever will break and Republicans will suddenly become sensible again. Apparently they have problems with their memory and forget when Obama was President.
Not that you need this but karma for your last few posts.

Old Aug 1st 2019, 1:25 am
Account Closed

Well so far Tulsi is the only one with any honour.

Lot of soundbites for Trump adds.

Kamala can not shut up, Biden going for the kill. In a confused way. They both have gone over the cliff hand in hand.

Tulsi all the way.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat099; Aug 1st 2019 at 1:27 am.
Old Aug 1st 2019, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

GOP must be absolutely licking their lips at this absolute circus.
Old Aug 1st 2019, 1:52 am
Account Closed

Well the also rans are getting a bit of a free pass, can you imagine what it will be like when we get down to the hard core?

If there have been a hands up I missed it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.