British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   2020 Election (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/2020-election-919243/)

username.exe Jan 9th 2021 5:14 pm

Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by HDWill (Post 12956372)
A few weeks ago I was saying that Trump had a very good shot at winning the 2024 Republican nomination. It does seem that those chances have dropped significantly.

I don't think he wants the job. He doesn't like responsibility, he doesn't like detractors, he doesn't like to work.
What he does want to do: be a big mouth on twitter and soak up adulation/worship from his fans.

He's going to be doing two things when he leaves: fighting the impending state charges for the multitude of crimes he's committed (and likely some more that we're not currently aware of), and starting Trump News Network: TNN.

yellowroom Jan 9th 2021 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by HDWill (Post 12956372)
A few weeks ago I was saying that Trump had a very good shot at winning the 2024 Republican nomination. It does seem that those chances have dropped significantly.

I think in the coming months lots of information will be coming out how many people in the Republican party looked the other way as Trump and his hard-core acolytes set in motion the events that led up to January 6th that will should shame many so-called leaders of the party and maybe by the time we get to 2024 there will be a whole new set of leaders - if the party survives. They may not have planned for exactly what happened to actually happen, but every single action led to it, from the appointing of Trump cronies to the Pentagon (and thus able to influence deployment of DC National Guard) though the multiple tweets denying the election results and the pathetic objections to the confirmation of the electoral college votes to the lack of serious security at the Capitol and the "wind 'em up and let them go" speeches at the Ellipse.

I suspect a large part of the mob were people who just expected to listen to Trump, march and shout and then go home but they got swept up in the heat of the moment. I'm more worried about who was whipping them up, who had the bull-horns, and whether any foreign agents were in the crowd taking advantage of the chaos to steal papers/laptops and/or plant bugs, listening devices or even worse. I would hope that those in charge of security have done a full and thorough sweep of the whole building to secure it ahead of Jan 20th.

kimilseung Jan 9th 2021 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by username.exe (Post 12956386)
I don't think he wants the job. He doesn't like responsibility, he doesn't like detractors, he doesn't like to work.
What he does want to do: be a big mouth on twitter and soak up adulation/worship from his fans.

He's going to be doing two things when he leaves: fighting the impending state charges for the multitude of crimes he's committed (and likely some more that we're not currently aware of), and starting Trump News Network: TNN.

Ms Trump has been on Parler getting funds for the TV Network. A family of grifters, alleged billionaires begging for money from the hoi palloi.

moneypenny20 Jan 9th 2021 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by kimilseung (Post 12956412)
Ms Trump has been on Parler getting funds for the TV Network. A family of grifters, alleged billionaires begging for money from the hoi palloi.

Well where else are they going to get it? Banks are unlikely to approve a loan.

zzrmark Jan 11th 2021 1:21 am

Originally Posted by username.exe (Post 12956386)

I should imagine the lads at San Quentin News won't take kindly to competing with TNN... :rofl:

username.exe Jan 11th 2021 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by zzrmark (Post 12956924)
I should imagine the lads at San Quentin News won't take kindly to competing with TNN... :rofl:

Depends how many honey buns he adds to their commissary. (Taxpayers will likely pick up the tab.)

vespucci Feb 1st 2021 11:03 pm

They didn't even vote!

"They stormed the Capitol to overturn the results of an election they didn't vote in"

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/01/us/capitol-rioters-non-voters-invs/index.html

civilservant Feb 2nd 2021 8:21 am

Already discussed in the Trump thread.