2020 Election

Old Dec 13th 2020, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

All's fair in love and war but most especially - in the current dirty, Covid infested White House

"White House staff members will be among the first to be vaccinated"
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/12...19-coronavirus

Appalling !
But true to form, utterly consistent
Hearkens back to his debut performance on the world stage when he attended the overseas NATO Ministers meeting where he elbowed and shoved his way to the front and centre of the photo op. The first 4 seconds encapsulate his ME-istic behaviour over the subsequent 4 years.

Old Dec 14th 2020, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

NY Times UPDATE to their earlier reporting (see post above)

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/12...-staff-members

It's highly unusual for them to ever back down
The more outrageous the decision, the more they dig in
Can only imagine the fierce blowback that must have prompted this retraction.
But now that they've demonstrated their touching concern for the health and welfare of those working at the White House, they should mandate mask wearing on the premises for one and sundry ....
HIM included !

The vain, no-neck monster should realise wearing a mask will hide his jowly, chinless chin during his close-ups.
And without that distraction we'd all be free to stare and marvel at the splendour and the swirls of his combed to perfection golden mane

38 days and counting.......
Old Dec 14th 2020, 11:26 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 14th 2020, 12:02 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Appalling !
But true to form, utterly consistent
I don't actually disagree with the decision to vaccine all political leaders and their immediate staffs under Continuity of Government thinking. I certainly hope Joe Biden gets one immediately.
Old Dec 14th 2020, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by civilservant
I don't actually disagree with the decision to vaccine all political leaders and their immediate staffs under Continuity of Government thinking. I certainly hope Joe Biden gets one immediately.
As long as vaccine availability remains limited - adherence to CDC prioritisation guidelines will be essential.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...es-tier-1.html

An exception for the future President /Vice President of the United States is quite different to jumping-the-queue exceptions for 100s of White House Staff
Each vaccine for one of them equates to one less vaccine available for essential ICU medical personnel

"Continuity of Government" becomes an empty phrase without continuity of the lives of the governed.
Mask wearing + adherence to the other CDC guidelines is the best way to assure "Continuity of Government"

Old Jan 5th 2021, 1:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Rumor swirling around the internet is that Vons/Albertsons and related companies will be terminating their grocery delivery drivers in February to move the delivery service over to a 3rd party app based company. Seems Prop 22 is making it easier to get rid of employees and replace them with independent contractors.

Gonna suck for those losing their jobs and benefits.

Old Jan 5th 2021, 2:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

DoorDash seem to be taking it over.
Old Jan 5th 2021, 4:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
DoorDash seem to be taking it over.

Sucks for workers though. Gig work should not be the norm and its becoming the norm, which means less employment options for people. Not everyone for example drives or own a car.

Gig jobs don't provide healthcare benefits which is very important in the US if you want healthcare.

Especially sucks losing healthcare during a pandemic.
Old Jan 5th 2021, 6:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the above comments are in the wrong thread. Either that or I'm missing something fundamental which is always possible.
Old Jan 5th 2021, 7:09 am
Account Closed

Prop 22 was a proposition that passed on the California ballot in November.

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I think the above comments are in the wrong thread. Either that or I'm missing something fundamental which is always possible.
Old Jan 5th 2021, 12:40 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Sucks for workers though. Gig work should not be the norm and its becoming the norm, which means less employment options for people. Not everyone for example drives or own a car.

Gig jobs don't provide healthcare benefits which is very important in the US if you want healthcare.

Especially sucks losing healthcare during a pandemic.
I think this also sucks for innumerable older people who’ve worked out how to successfully order their groceries from the supermarket’s own website and delivery system. They won’t necessarily be able to figure out the new, almost certainly less user-friendly system.
Old Jan 5th 2021, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

I had a quick look at DoorDash and it is pretty simple, they could of course just continue to use their ordering system with DoorDash doing the delivery.

Anyway it is what the voters in California wanted.
Old Jan 5th 2021, 5:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by robin1234
I think this also sucks for innumerable older people who’ve worked out how to successfully order their groceries from the supermarket’s own website and delivery system. They won’t necessarily be able to figure out the new, almost certainly less user-friendly system.
True true.

Hopefully they will do it like Petsmart has done in Canada, you order off the Petsmart website like usual, but then Petsmart gets it ready for door dash, but then Petsmart didn't have their own delivery service prior, but I have never used the door dash option, they have a small delivery radius and wont deliver 20km away.

The stores that use Instacart they force you over to IC crappy website, no real time inventory levels, and so its a crapshoot if you end up getting everything you ordered.

I worked doing IC for a bit early in 2020 as we needed some quick cash, but no way I could ever make it viable as a full-time job, after expenses, I was averaging less than min wage, but its a good way to make quick cash if you need $20-$30 quickly.
Old Jan 5th 2021, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I had a quick look at DoorDash and it is pretty simple, they could of course just continue to use their ordering system with DoorDash doing the delivery.

Anyway it is what the voters in California wanted.
Not this one...

But I think all prop 22 did was restore the legal position to what is was prior to the California legislature passed a law severely constraining gig work.
Old Jan 5th 2021, 5:22 pm
Account Closed

I was surprised it passed, would have expected the opposite, but the majority of voters thought otherwise. Does seem a retrograde step.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.