2020 Election

Old Nov 9th 2020, 1:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2020 Election

I think we can all agree that every ballot needs to be counted.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 1:32 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I think we can all agree that every ballot needs to be counted.
Profound statement there, Captain Obvious
Old Nov 9th 2020, 1:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Media seems to have forgotten
Old Nov 9th 2020, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

I find the mail-in or absentee ballot validation to be unnecessarily slow in most/many States.

In the UK we did mail-in voting last year for the first time as we were going to be on holiday.

When applying for a mail-in ballot here it is the application form that you have to sign and that is checked against your signature on record, any discrepancies are followed up at this stage before a ballot paper is issued to you. When the ballot arrives by mail it has anti-forgery features including a watermark plus a unique number printed on it and pre-addressed pre-paid envelope to mail it back. You must mail it in plenty of time to arrive before or on the day of the election. If you end up not needing to mail it in you can hand it in at your polling station on the day of the election but won't be allowed to take a ballot paper and go into a booth. Once registered for mail-in voting you can choose to continue to have mail-in as the default.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 1:54 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I just posted this over on the EU Referendum thread but it really belongs here, for discussion.

The very serious observation we all need to come to grips with is that MORE people voted for Trump this time around than they did in 2016, and in that election, they were partly fueled by their hatred of Hillary.

In 2016, Hillary hatred drove 62.9 M people to vote for him. So far this time around, with all we know about him, he got 71.1 M people to vote for him. So that's 8.2 M MORE people this time around. That is a 13% increase! Get your head around that.
I think Paulry has a link that demonstrates that kind of increase proves the election is a fraud.it was data dumps to make the Biden vote believable. Damn fake Marxist Trump votes!
Old Nov 9th 2020, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

How so? Plenty of analysts are able to determine the most likely outcomes of any given State given data (or in the case of determining a State like California or South Dakota - a single brain cell). That's not suggesting every vote shouldn't be counted. It's merely being smart enough to know when someone's Goose is cooked.

For all the flak Fox News managed to generate by calling AZ, seems the analysts may have known enough to cover off the swing in the count.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure you meant to say "Republicans", but this will correct it. I have not seen anyone but Repubs chanting "Stop the count" or filing lawsuits to "stop the count".
Old Nov 9th 2020, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I still don't understand how it's possible that they went ahead with this press conference. That alone should have lost them the presidency.
Remember, this is the campaign that organized buses to carry people to Trump's rally at Eppley Airport in Omaha, but not pick them up after it. That resulted in 7 hospitalizations and 30 emrgency medical calls. No wonder Omaha District 2 went Democratic!
Old Nov 9th 2020, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I just posted this over on the EU Referendum thread but it really belongs here, for discussion.

The very serious observation we all need to come to grips with is that MORE people voted for Trump this time around than they did in 2016, and in that election, they were partly fueled by their hatred of Hillary.

In 2016, Hillary hatred drove 62.9 M people to vote for him. So far this time around, with all we know about him, he got 71.1 M people to vote for him. So that's 8.2 M MORE people this time around. That is a 13% increase! Get your head around that.
Also wrap your head around 48% of voters approving of the way Trump is handling the pandemic.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 3:38 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Ted Cruz started out as shit.
They all started out as shit. I said Trump was a no-way long shot that couldn't possibly get the nomination, and then all the other Republican candidates started talking, and I thought "Oh no!" They all seemed fatally flawed and not electable.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 3:47 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Signs of change for the future?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...y-young-voters

"In an election of many firsts, it appears that surging youth turnout in a number of key states may have helped propel Joe Biden to victory. Analysis suggests an increase of as much as 10% in youth voter turnout – with particularly high engagement in 11 key battleground states. That may have been game-changing for Joe Biden, who had the support of 61% of people aged 18-29."

I mistakenly put this in the TIO election thread, but intelligent conversation is impossible there at the moment. Should have been posted here.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 3:50 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Signs of change for the future?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...y-young-voters

"In an election of many firsts, it appears that surging youth turnout in a number of key states may have helped propel Joe Biden to victory. Analysis suggests an increase of as much as 10% in youth voter turnout – with particularly high engagement in 11 key battleground states. That may have been game-changing for Joe Biden, who had the support of 61% of people aged 18-29."

I mistakenly put this in the TIO election thread, but intelligent conversation is impossible there at the moment. Should have been posted here.
One promising thing is that, if I remember right, no Democrat fighting for a seat in Congress who won or retained that seat was in opposition to Medicare for all. All the Democrats who opposed it lost their seats.

So perhaps the next blue wave will be a progressive wave too, which would give me a glimmer of hope again.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 3:57 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
One promising thing is that, if I remember right, no Democrat fighting for a seat in Congress who won or retained that seat was in opposition to Medicare for all. All the Democrats who opposed it lost their seats.

So perhaps the next blue wave will be a progressive wave too, which would give me a glimmer of hope again.
That's one of the things Ocasio Cortez has been saying. Across the country there really is support for proper universal health care. The problem comes when a)someone thinks they will have to pay more for it and b)of course the insurance industry won't be just giving up.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 3:59 pm
I have a comma problem

That's one of the things Ocasio Cortez has been saying. Across the country there really is support for proper universal health care. The problem comes when a)someone thinks they will have to pay more for it and b)of course the insurance industry won't be just giving up.
That's where I saw it, it was one of her tweets. Education on how funding works without being patronizing will help the public support, and the insurance companies can cry me a river.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 4:34 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robtuck
How so? Plenty of analysts are able to determine the most likely outcomes of any given State given data (or in the case of determining a State like California or South Dakota - a single brain cell). That's not suggesting every vote shouldn't be counted. It's merely being smart enough to know when someone's Goose is cooked.

For all the flak Fox News managed to generate by calling AZ, seems the analysts may have known enough to cover off the swing in the count.
Yeah and all of those Republicans that won their elections .... are they accepting the results before every last vote has been counted? Or are they demanding recounts. Yeah. No.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.