2020 Election

Old Nov 5th 2020, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

vespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by dakota44
Amerigo? Is that you? Sum a da bitch..It's been over 500 years. Wheres a the money I lend a to you for that a silly cruise with that ass Colombus?

Old Nov 5th 2020, 9:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Ah, I see. Since I haven't heard a word on this, I can only imagine it's not an issue.
Originally Posted by kimilseung
Georgia law stipulates that federal elections need the majority rather than plurality, thus requiring a run off. I suspect presidential election is not included in this, but I cant find anything online that confirms or refutes my hunch.
This CNN article says that it doesn't apply to Presidential races.

It's the only mention I could find, so don't take my word that CNN is right, but it seems logical that presidential races wouldn't be included considering the electoral college meets and votes in December so a January 2021 run off makes no sense...
Old Nov 5th 2020, 9:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I knew Trump supporters so I could gloat, but I don't

Lovely analogy to Trump and Florida!!!!!

ETA - what's the law in NV, do you know? I'm registered in AZ but live 50/50 between CA and AZ. I pay taxes in both. But I registered my car, and file my taxes using my AZ address, and all my credit cards are billed to AZ, to be 'consistent'. If you just have a home in NV, but don't spend much time there, can you still vote there?
For those who live outside the US or military if they lived in NV immediately prior to leaving the United States, they can still vote in NV as well.

Nevada law provides certain guidelines you must follow before you can vote. Specifically, Nevada law states that you must:

• Be at least 18 years of age on or before Election Day;
• Be a U.S. citizen;
• Be a resident of Nevada for 30 days preceding any election;
• Not currently serving a term of imprisonment for a felony; and or
• Not have been declared by a court to be mentally incompetent.

https://www.nvsos.gov/sos/elections/...resources/faqs

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Nov 5th 2020 at 9:28 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2020, 9:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
And people have been known to take plea bargains for time served pre-trial, and plead guilty just to get out of jail, most of the time low income and can't afford a legal team, even when they didn't commit the crime, but after months and months in jail waiting, frankly I might do the same just get the hell out.

Hell there have been people convicted, sent to prison for decades, could have been paroled if they admitted guilt but refused to admit guilt because they didn't commit the crime, who were eventually found to have been wrongfully convicted.
Absolutely. I cannot see how it would not be a violation of constitutional rights.
Old Nov 5th 2020, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

This CNN article says that it doesn't apply to Presidential races.

It's the only mention I could find, so don't take my word that CNN is right, but it seems logical that presidential races wouldn't be included considering the electoral college meets and votes in December so a January 2021 run off makes no sense...
Add to that the fact that a states Congress and Senate members are not part of a nation wide vote. Holding a state runoff for Presidential candidates would be erasing the statewide votes for a national candidate. No can do.
Old Nov 5th 2020, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

ETA - what's the law in NV, do you know? I'm registered in AZ but live 50/50 between CA and AZ. I pay taxes in both. But I registered my car, and file my taxes using my AZ address, and all my credit cards are billed to AZ, to be 'consistent'. If you just have a home in NV, but don't spend much time there, can you still vote there?
Having re-read that I will jump in, trying to recall an article I read a few months back so if anyone else wants to call BS please go ahead, not that you need my permission.
Your primary residence would normally (and quite possibly legally) determine where you vote. Nevada cannot decide whether you decide to live in the state but work outside of it, etc,the 30 day thing is along the same lines as the driving licence requirements.
The only interesting thing is that expats, such as those in JSmith's circumstances are allowed to vote in their state of last residence, I gather it can be a bit of a paperwork nightmare for those who wish to register some time after departing the US but I cannot see how NV could uphold their 30 day residency stipulation against those who are out of the US, as regardless of which shithole country you might rock up in it's your God given right to vote as a USC.
Old Nov 5th 2020, 10:34 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Mr Trump press conference imminent. Should be fun.
Old Nov 5th 2020, 10:37 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Mr Trump press conference imminent. Should be fun.

While we wait, this from the Washington Post.

"Despite assurances from Postal Service leaders that agency officials were conducting daily sweeps for misplaced ballots, the mail service acknowledged in a court filing Thursday that thousands of ballots had not been processed in time, and that more ballots were processed Wednesday than on Election Day.

The number of mailed ballots the Postal Service did not deliver by Election Day is expected to grow as more data is released in the coming days. Some election experts worry such delays could run up against even more generous ballot acceptance windows that some states have granted.

In several swing states, late ballots will still be counted as long as they were postmarked by Election Day and received by Friday, according to state law. They include Nevada, where 4,518 ballots arrived after Election Day, as well as North Carolina (2,958) and Pennsylvania, (3,439). But in other states — such as Arizona, where 864 ballots were delayed, and Georgia, where 853 were delayed — votes that did not reach election officials by Nov. 3 will be disqualified

Because the counts are not done in those states, it is unclear whether undelivered ballots would have made a difference in deciding the presidential election. But the delivery failures highlight the risks in relying on the mail service to deliver ballots close to Election Day."

I got this from The Guardian feed, not the Post, which is subscription only, so I'm afraid I can't post the link.
Old Nov 5th 2020, 10:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Great point made on CNN ... if the Democrats are engaging in voter fraud, why are they allowing the senate to be lost, and the house seats to be lost ... ? Perhaps they are tearing the ballots into pieces and only submitting the good parts into the machine ...?
Old Nov 5th 2020, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

For those who live outside the US or military if they lived in NV immediately prior to leaving the United States, they can still vote in NV as well.

Nevada law provides certain guidelines you must follow before you can vote. Specifically, Nevada law states that you must:

• Be at least 18 years of age on or before Election Day;
• Be a U.S. citizen;
• Be a resident of Nevada for 30 days preceding any election;
• Not currently serving a term of imprisonment for a felony; and or
• Not have been declared by a court to be mentally incompetent.

https://www.nvsos.gov/sos/elections/...resources/faqs
Right, so no coverage for 'my' situation then, one where someone owns a home in two states. To be clear ... it's illegal to register in more than one state. The question is, what is the rule for 'which' state you can register in.
Old Nov 5th 2020, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Don Jr is now telling Republican legislatures to ignore the vote and have the electoral votes cast for his father...relying on this part of Article 2...(Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector) .defying the will of the people. F'ng scamming shitbags. If that happens, there will be a revolution. I am sure of it.
Old Nov 5th 2020, 10:44 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Great point made on CNN ... if the Democrats are engaging in voter fraud, why are they allowing the senate to be lost, and the house seats to be lost ... ? Perhaps they are tearing the ballots into pieces and only submitting the good parts into the machine ...?
And more projected nonsense from Trump."On Fox News, presidential counselor Kellyanne Conway said Donald Trump is expected to talk about the “the state of the race from his perspective”.

Trump is also planning to speak about what he calls “suppression polls” which showed Biden leading in key swing states ahead of election day. Those polls made his supporters feel like his candidacy was a lost cause, the president has argued. The idea is entirely nonsensical – to the extent that polls have any effect on voter behavior, they tend to do the opposite – leaving supporters of the leading candidate feeling complacent, and motivating the supporters of the trailing candidate to show up and vote."
Old Nov 5th 2020, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Don Jr is now telling Republican legislatures to ignore the vote and have the electoral votes cast for his father...relying on this part of Article 2...(Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector) .defying the will of the people. F'ng scamming shitbags. If that happens, there will be a revolution. I am sure of it.
Which of the 'battleground' states are rep vs dem, in terms of the state legislature ... anyone know? AZ is currently Rep (Gov).
Old Nov 5th 2020, 10:45 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, it would be a great strategy. That makes it believable, it's exactly how I would do it if I were going to commit election fraud
Old Nov 5th 2020, 10:48 pm

I can't really see them actually doing that though.

I know I've said that sort of thing before, but....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.