2020 Election

Old Oct 23rd 2020, 3:00 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Given the U.S.’s long, proud history of peaceful transitions of power and civilian control of the military, it’s hard to imagine the scenario in which a president duly elected by 270 electors and certified by Congress who takes office on January 20 has to have U.S. marshals and the 82nd Airborne fight through rings of bikers and sheriffs and physically carry Donald, Melania, Jared and Ivanka out of the West Wing and dump them in Lafayette Park.
Hard to imagine or not, I'd love to see that

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...s-guide-430915

Old Oct 23rd 2020, 3:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Biden's debate performance was pretty disastrous. Poor grasp of policy, so many missed opportunities to go after Trump, and he fell into Trump's playing him at the end of the debate regarding the oil industry. All in all, as someone desperate to see the end of Trump, it was a frustrating evening. I can only hope that this debate won't move the needle at this point in the race, with so many people having already voted.
Old Oct 23rd 2020, 3:52 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
I can tell you that my wife, much to my chagrin, is all in for Trump. He is anti-abortion (for the last few years anyway), she is anti-abortion.

That's all that matters to her.
I just find it hard to believe that someone like him hasn't paid for at least one mistress to have an abortion.
Old Oct 23rd 2020, 4:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
I just find it hard to believe that someone like him hasn't paid for at least one mistress to have an abortion.
She signed an NDA
Old Oct 23rd 2020, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I thought Biden's debate performance was pretty disastrous. Poor grasp of policy, so many missed opportunities to go after Trump, and he fell into Trump's playing him at the end of the debate regarding the oil industry. All in all, as someone desperate to see the end of Trump, it was a frustrating evening. I can only hope that this debate won't move the needle at this point in the race, with so many people having already voted.
i think most are so entrenched in one side or the other that the debates will not sway most voters.

And it may be too late to sway back to trump from here, just watch the 60minute interview he walked out on absolute disaster IMO.
Old Oct 23rd 2020, 5:17 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phathamster
i think most are so entrenched in one side or the other that the debates will not sway most voters.

And it may be too late to sway back to trump from here, just watch the 60minute interview he walked out on absolute disaster IMO.
Yeah. Biden is just "not Trump". A sad state of affairs but that is where we find ourselves. At least the risk of civil war would be substantially reduced, and just maybe the country could get on with finding a decent candidate with some sort idea around social cohesion.
Old Oct 23rd 2020, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the first one and a bit of this one, I honestly don't see the point and can't see any logical way that they actually change the needle. At no point could anyone watching really understand policy positions, policy plans and potential outcomes, it's all a dick waving contest. To that end, if all they do is show who you may like/dislike more, well, surely everyone already knows that. Still seems to me that the Democrats could have put a cardboard cutout up as their nomination for this race and win. The entire gig was to try and not be as a bad as the guy in charge and very few real people would hit those heights - Clinton could probably manage to throw it away again, maybe a Skunk would have some issues garnering enough support?
Old Oct 23rd 2020, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

HDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
Well, sure. He knows that if Roe v. Wade is overturned, abortion will still be legal in half the states. The federal government is never going to totally ban abortion in the whole country; that's not politically feasible. (The Supreme Court ruling that it's not really a right is totally feasible).
Old Oct 24th 2020, 12:19 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Biden’s performance was on a par with the last debate. The difference was Trump dialled it right back and gave Biden enough rope to hang himself. As you say oil was a trap that Biden walked right into - Biden can forget about swinging Texas now - but also Trump’s lines of attack regarding Biden’s record on race relations was effective. The painful silence following ‘we had a Republican Congress’ spoke volumes. Biden did better on COVID but I can’t help think that the takeaway will be that Trump wants to open things up while Biden wants to continue the lockdown. Overall I felt Trump did a better job on appealing to voters in the swing states.
Old Oct 24th 2020, 3:57 am
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

Frankly, with the circumstances being what they are, I would surprised if a single debate moved the needle an inch in any direction. I just find it hard to believe that there are undecided voters out there waiting to watch the debates to decide how to cast their votes.

In other news, some asshole stole my Biden Harris yard sign today
Old Oct 24th 2020, 5:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well had a beer with a friend who I assumed would be solid Dem, could not do it, went Libertarian.
Old Oct 24th 2020, 9:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boiler
Well had a beer with a friend who I assumed would be solid Dem, could not do it, went Libertarian.
thats it then your polling is fully conclusive it's a trump win,

Even the bookies are backing off a trump win...
Old Oct 24th 2020, 12:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Phathamster
thats it then your polling is fully conclusive it's a trump win,

Even the bookies are backing off a trump win...
Never thought of it as polling, just one person. Hardly a representative sample.
Old Oct 24th 2020, 12:52 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Just because Trump waited until after the debate before he ate his own diaper doesn't mean Biden blew the debate.

How many jobs (real working humans) does the oil industry provide in Texas? Not as many as you might think. Oil is big money but with automation and multi-nationals ... the working class is largely cut out. When I was growing up, lots of men worked in the oil fields. Even the roughnecks made a middle class wage and there was room to work your way up on the rigs and do very well in life.

Now guess how many healthcare jobs there are in Texas. (you don't actually have to guess because internets)

The point I'm making is that if this election is a fight for the "working class" or "middle class" (horrible use of monoliths but it's how we describe certain income brackets) then I would venture to say that oil nostalgia is a couple of generations too late. Healthcare and the service industry ... wonder how the feel about being forced to work, month after month, in life threatening situations? The oil industry does have power, of course, they pump money into politicians who won't get in their way, and it works. Plus, they do provide lots of lobbying jobs in DC which is nice. But anybody who is a single issue oil voter was never going to vote for Biden anyway.

The fact that Trump was pleading into the camera for Texas to vote for him, really says it all. He was shitting his pants with joy over the prospect of getting Texas to not hate him. Think about that.

I have zero faith that Texas will go for Biden but it's fun to watch them squirm.
Old Oct 24th 2020, 12:55 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Solid Dem to Libertarian, a totally logical and plausible movement for a rational person.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.