2020 Election

Old Oct 5th 2020, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

My wife and I had to take a bit of a drive on Sunday and I was heartened to see that there are Biden flags and yard signs dotted about in the heart of rural Trumpland, I drive the route quite regularly and it the kind of place where property after property has had the Trump flags out all year round since before 2016. Before this week I had seen no Biden flags and one lone yard sign in a, mostly Trump, trailer park (on the edge of civilisation, not in the backwoods). I know there are anti-Trump types on that park but they just don't usually have the enthusiasm to display anything unlike their neighbours who go for all year round in flag form.
I have been seeing vehicles with Biden bumper stickers recently but it was really something to see the stuff out in the wilderness where the derp is particularly strong, can't say I was particularly happy to have to make a stop for gas out there, not only do I get creamed on the price but I had to face the 8' long Trump sign on a makeshift cradle that was smack in the middle of their forecourt - they only got enough out of me to get me back to the metropolis.

EDIT: forgot to mention that I also saw a property with Biden signs on one side of it and Trump flags on the other - their yard sign was a first for me, Deez Nutz, Yeezy in a fetching black and yellow!!!

Last edited by zzrmark; Oct 5th 2020 at 11:32 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2020, 12:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Why is it a useless reply? I think the Dems would be sensible to do just that.
They certainly need to keep him away from all the Trump crime family and assorted hangers on, all of whom refused to wear masks even when that was the agreed-to debate rules.
Old Oct 6th 2020, 1:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
They certainly need to keep him away from all the Trump crime family and assorted hangers on, all of whom refused to wear masks even when that was the agreed-to debate rules.
Yup. I believe an official at the debate approached them, offering masks. They refused.

It certainly does seem the election is Biden’s to lose. Biden needs to tread carefully, leaving Trump to implode. Give him enough rope...
Old Oct 6th 2020, 1:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

They should just scrap in person debates, do it virtually somehow or not at all. Biden in a TV studio somewhere, Trump in the Oval office, no real need for them to do it in person.

Old Oct 6th 2020, 1:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
They should just scrap in person debates, do it virtually somehow or not at all. Biden in a TV studio somewhere, Trump in the Oval office, no real need for them to do it in person.
I’m not sure about that. IMO I think it would all feel a little false. Judging by Trump’s bizarre behaviour during the last debate and since...all Biden needs to do is to sit back and watch...
Old Oct 6th 2020, 2:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I’m not sure about that. IMO I think it would all feel a little false. Judging by Trump’s bizarre behaviour during the last debate and since...all Biden needs to do is to sit back and watch...
Except, Biden is putting his life at risk if he shows up in the vicinity of Trump and family. I wouldn't want to be within a mile of them.
Old Oct 6th 2020, 2:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Except, Biden is putting his life at risk if he shows up in the vicinity of Trump and family. I wouldn't want to be within a mile of them.
I’m not sure about a mile After the 14 day quarantine period, I would say 20 ft and wearing a mask. The mask could be moved slightly to one side when speaking. The side facing away from the other speaker.
Old Oct 6th 2020, 3:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Apparently they’re using plexiglass at the VP debate. Also the debate organizers need to refuse admission to any audience member who declines to wear a mask. No exceptions.

Old Oct 6th 2020, 3:31 am
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

There's so much to lose (from a public health and stability-of-government perspective) from having in-person debates, and almost nothing to gain.

Will the WH be safe to populate with a Biden family and administration come January?
Housekeepers are testing positive, staffers are testing positive, the President and First Lady who live there and who are quarantining there have tested positive - the building must be practically infested with traces of the virus that we know hangs around on surfaces for long periods. Biden may well be putting his life at risk by moving in.
Old Oct 6th 2020, 4:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by username.exe
There's so much to lose (from a public health and stability-of-government perspective) from having in-person debates, and almost nothing to gain.

Will the WH be safe to populate with a Biden family and administration come January?
Housekeepers are testing positive, staffers are testing positive, the President and First Lady who live there and who are quarantining there have tested positive - the building must be practically infested with traces of the virus that we know hangs around on surfaces for long periods. Biden may well be putting his life at risk by moving in.
Good point.

Old Oct 6th 2020, 4:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I’m not sure about a mile After the 14 day quarantine period, I would say 20 ft and wearing a mask. The mask could be moved slightly to one side when speaking. The side facing away from the other speaker.
That's assuming a) Trump behaves responsibly and b) all his family and entourage behave responsibly. The 14 day quarantine is only a guide; he should also be tested and get a negative result. But given his irresponsibility to date, what's to stop him getting a negative test and/or quarantining but then again coming into contact with someone infected? We don't know yet whether re-infection is a possibility or not with the coronavirus. I guess we haven't had many verified cases of it. But he will also have to be in the building / common spaces with a whole host of Trumpsters who seem to be reckless in their approach.

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Apparently they’re using plexiglass at the VP debate. Also the debate organizers need to refuse admission to any audience member who declines to wear a mask. No exceptions.
I believe the 'special family' all wore masks on entry to the last debate; but they all took them off when they seated, and that's when they were offered masks. So it's not just a case of not allowing entry, but willingness to eject them ... that could be fun!

Old Oct 6th 2020, 10:26 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

The mask could be moved slightly to one side when speaking.
Trump talks out of his ass anyhow.
Old Oct 6th 2020, 4:19 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

The mask could be moved slightly to one side when speaking. The side facing away from the other speaker.
Moving your mask to the side or down etc arguably increases your risk as you're bring your hands in contact with the mask and then dragging it over your face, unless you wash yours before each touch you're better off leaving the mask where it is and only handling it by the straps.
Old Oct 6th 2020, 4:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
Moving your mask to the side or down etc arguably increases your risk as you're bring your hands in contact with the mask and then dragging it over your face, unless you wash yours before each touch you're better off leaving the mask where it is and only handling it by the straps.
good point. Thank you.
Old Oct 6th 2020, 6:25 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Kim posted this in the less civil part of the forum, but I truly can't fathom how anybody can vote for this. It's unhinged, irrespective of your political leanings and preferences.

https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/p...eats-covid.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.