2020 Election

Old Oct 5th 2020, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

If Biden does win, it'll be 2009 all over again with a Democratic president inheriting a total mess from his Republican predecessor. We'll then see, at best, a painful slow recovery out of the morass. I hope Biden has learnt from back then that he'll get no cooperation from Republicans and not waste the first two years of his administration as Obama essentially did.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
If Biden does win, it'll be 2009 all over again with a Democratic president inheriting a total mess from his Republican predecessor. We'll then see, at best, a painful slow recovery out of the morass. I hope Biden has learnt from back then that he'll get no cooperation from Republicans and not waste the first two years of his administration as Obama essentially did.
And in 2024, the Republicans will complain that the recovery from 2020-24 was the 'slowest ever recovery'.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 4:22 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Just realized, Kamala Harris went to the same high school as Leonard Cohen.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 4:24 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
Just realized, Kamala Harris went to the same high school as Leonard Cohen.
I didn't know that, how interesting. I might have cried a little bit when Cohen died, he was brilliant.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 4:30 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I didn't know that, how interesting. I might have cried a little bit when Cohen died, he was brilliant.
I dreamed he died. Next morning, I found he had. My sister is still mourning.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

For the first time since I've been watching (months), the 'slider' at the bottom is showing '270' in the more predictable zone; so even if Biden loses Florida, Arizona, NC, GA, OH, IA, he's still got enough votes.
https://projects.economist.com/us-20...cast/president

Of course, we had this 'solid lead' in 2016 ...

Meanwhile, Giuliani is saying the next debate should go ahead without any changes!
Old Oct 5th 2020, 4:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steerpike
For the first time since I've been watching (months), the 'slider' at the bottom is showing '270' in the more predictable zone; so even if Biden loses Florida, Arizona, NC, GA, OH, IA, he's still got enough votes.
https://projects.economist.com/us-20...cast/president

Of course, we had this 'solid lead' in 2016 ...

Meanwhile, Giuliani is saying the next debate should go ahead without any changes!

I would add a little caution there has probably been a "bounce" this weekend and yet to see if it sticks.

But I don't remember Dems having this much of a "solid lead" in 2016?
Old Oct 5th 2020, 4:51 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

That's a bit spooky! If you ever dream of winning Lotto numbers in Australia please give me a shout
Old Oct 5th 2020, 5:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
It is tragic that political parties cannot put aside their differences and work together for the sake of the country. Instead they constantly have to try their best to score points off each other. It’s the same the world over and I don’t see it changing anytime soon.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 5:15 pm
Heading for Poppyland

That's a bit spooky! If you ever dream of winning Lotto numbers in Australia please give me a shout
Yeah but you being a day ahead they’d have already held the draw.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 5:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve experienced the same a few times.

Example: when we first moved to NJ we had fabulous views of Manhattan from the condo. One night when we were in bed I told hubby that I thought Frank Sinatra had died because the Empire State Building was lit blue. Of course it wasn’t...but the next morning his death was announced. That night the ESB was lit blue to mark the death of Old Blue Eyes.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 5:18 pm
Concierge

Yeah but you being a day ahead they’d have already held the draw.
Can't you arrange to dream the winning numbers a couple of days before the draw? Come on, work with me here!
Old Oct 5th 2020, 5:41 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Only one way to test it; tonight spouse of scouse try your best to dream of Bill Barr, and Jerseygirl try to dream Jeff Sessions.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 6:04 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by caretaker
Only one way to test it; tonight spouse of scouse try your best to dream of Bill Barr, and Jerseygirl try to dream Jeff Sessions.
Stop scaring me! That would be a nightmare, not a dream
Old Oct 5th 2020, 9:14 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Can't you arrange to dream the winning numbers a couple of days before the draw? Come on, work with me here!
I’ll adjust my meds, it’s sure to work. So long as I wake up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.