2020 Election

Old Oct 2nd 2020, 7:39 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I certainly want it to be true, but I don't doubt for one minute it COULD be a hoax. Assuming it IS true, though - the worst case scenario is, they all suffer mild or no symptoms and then claim the virus is 'no big deal'.

I hate to say it, but we need someone on a ventilator here!
What about the Proud Boys? They're standing by, aren't they? Put them on a ventilator. I could live with that.
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 8:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Leslie
He hasn't tweeted in 15 hours. I reckon he's already dead.
Still silent.....
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 8:11 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
He hasn't tweeted in 15 hours. I reckon he's already dead.
No somber music of Fox yet.
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 8:16 pm
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I visited the QAnon website yesterday for the first time ever. I was reluctant to do so (I worry about what such sites will do to my computer, but also, don't want to contribute to their 'viewership stats', etc); some idiot on my local neighborhood site was telling me there was proof there of some nonsense (there wasn't). Anyway - I ended up reading quite a few posts there. What a weird site! Visually, very very unusual and not as 'sensational' as I expected. But full of really bizarre stuff. They are still banging on about Hillary, about Obama, Obamagate, There was mention of Epstein and of Ghislaine Maxwell. I believe QAnon are alleging that Epstein wasn't the bad guy he was made out to be, and/or, his death was a murder, or something. I don't know how much energy I have to keep reading about it but I'll see where it goes ...

As for Fox News and Wallace; my theory is - Wallace has been 'far too reasonable' in his dealings with Trump for the likes of Fox News, and therefore, he's likely to get canned. '(far too reasonable' = doing a decent job of interviewing him a few months ago, and at least TRYING to do a decent job of moderating the debate this week).
Steerpike, I highly recommend you listen to this episode of the ReplyAll podcast (one of my favorite technology/investigative reporting pods).

They interview the guy who started '8chan' and he essentially provides a biography of who, and how, 'Q' came to be, the resulting power struggles behind the scenes the the out of control conspiracy theories - absolutely fascinating stuff!

Edit: forgot to add the link: https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/llhe5nm
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 8:33 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung

So the wall isn't down?
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 8:34 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Vanity Fair is reporting "the president has a cough and a fever"
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 8:36 pm

Vanity Fair is reporting "the president has a cough and a fever"
Trump's doc says he's "fatigued but in good spirits".
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 8:43 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

The thousands who bought Trump voodoo dolls are just jabbing the shit out of them.
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by caretaker
The thousands who bought Trump voodoo dolls are just jabbing the shit out of them.
Voodoo dolls! Damn, why didn't I think of that? I could have done with the cash.
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 8:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Trump's doc says he's "fatigued but in good spirits".
Wonder how fatigued. I hate vague so and so is fatigued, that can be anything from me everyday always feel tired and run down (chronic in my case) to so fatigued a person can't get out of bed.

If they only they would be a little more specific on that.

Being the President he wouldn't necessarily need to go to the hospital either for COVID, the ICU can come to him.

Old Oct 2nd 2020, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Wonder how fatigued. I hate vague so and so is fatigued, that can be anything from me everyday always feel tired and run down (chronic in my case) to so fatigued a person can't get out of bed.

If they only they would be a little more specific on that.

Being the President he wouldn't necessarily need to go to the hospital either for COVID, the ICU can come to him.
Just listening to the BBC news, and the report is that they are both received "an antibody cocktail" as a precaution.

Nice to have access to the health care, isn't it.

So anyway, not bleach...
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 9:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Just listening to the BBC news, and the report is that they are both received "an antibody cocktail" as a precaution.

Nice to have access to the health care, isn't it.

So anyway, not bleach...

Too bad everyone doesn't have such easy access to healthcare, must be nice to be the President...

Always amazed these politicians wanting to take away things from people, but never willing to give up their gold plated benefits.

Old Oct 2nd 2020, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by username.exe
Steerpike, I highly recommend you listen to this episode of the ReplyAll podcast (one of my favorite technology/investigative reporting pods).

They interview the guy who started '8chan' and he essentially provides a biography of who, and how, 'Q' came to be, the resulting power struggles behind the scenes the the out of control conspiracy theories - absolutely fascinating stuff!

Edit: forgot to add the link: https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/llhe5nm
I was going to say, I don't like listening to podcasts (unless I'm driving) but I see they have a transcript, so I can read that. 'listening' while at home is just not my thing (similar to watching youtube videos - unless it's a band!). But I will be driving from AZ to CA this weekend (fires permitting) so could definitely try the podcast. It seems like they provide a bunch of ways to listen. Of that long list, I have TuneIn, and I wouldn't object to installing Google Podcasts on my (android) phone. I don't actually have spotify, or any of the other things listed. I don't mind installing apps but I always take a hard-line with 'signing up' for anything these days. I already have probably several hundred accounts with various entities, so I'm just trying to fight off making the situation any worse!
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Too bad everyone doesn't have such easy access to healthcare, must be nice to be the President...

Always amazed these politicians wanting to take away things from people, but never willing to give up their gold plated benefits.

And now the BBC is reporting that Trump is being taken to hospital.

They aren't taking any chances.
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 9:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

BBC just reported he is being taken to hospital

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.