2020 Election

Old Sep 3rd 2020, 2:55 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by caretaker
Trump has no dog. What the hell kind of president has no dog?
No self-respecting dog would live in the same house as him.
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 3:22 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
No self-respecting dog would live in the same house as him.

Good point well made.
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Some dogs are smart enough to perform tasks on time and without the conversation, and those are good dogs, but the best friend thing is probably because men and dogs formed a mutually useful working partnership tens of thousands of years ago, and because it continues today. What were previously thought to be smaller wolf skulls found in Europe that exhibit shorter, wider muzzle almost like dogs could mean this domestication occurred even earlier. The science show Nova has one program called Dog Tales, and another called Cat Tales running currently; if you don't like one, maybe you'd like the other.
And different breeds bred for different traits so personality and behavior can vary quite a bit by breed.

Those like dachshunds were bred to hunt small vermin, things like badgers and other such sized pests, so they were bred to keep traits of being stubborn, strong willed, and a high prey drive. Dog's bred to herd sheep or such, bred for high energy levels, and barkers to keep the sheep in line.

The so called working breeds were largely bred for specific behaviors that still exist in the breeds today, of course we now also have the so called designer breeds which were bred strictly for looks.

People really just need to research the behaviors of their breeds, if you have young kids, a dachshund may not be the best choice. They as a breed tend to not like small humans with unpredictable movements who tend to be loud, 2 things dachshunds don't care for.

I like cats too, they are certainly more independent then dogs, but then they were domesticated later than dogs, and domesticated for different reasons, cats maintain more of their wild instincts than dogs.

Dogs of course are more useful to humans in doing tasks than cats are if you actually need a working breed, service dog etc, but miniature horses actually make good service animals as well, and can be house trained, and no bigger than a giant dog breed, but longer life span.

It's too bad those little monkey's don't make good service animals, being human like with hands and a thumb would be useful I think for some with disabilities, but the disease risk is high and monkey's are too intelligent so they don't maintain good mental health doing such tasks.

Charlee our dog is a good judge of character, she volunteers to stand in the middle of the white house lawn, Trump and one end, Biden on the other, I'd bet money on who she would choose and it ain't Trump

Old Sep 3rd 2020, 6:33 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Nearly all the various dog breeds now in existence came into being within the last 200 years, and many of those have few useful characteristics. In some instances great breeds of hunting dogs have had their best traits bred out of them by people trying to achieve perfect conformation for dog shows. It took a lot of work and determination to reclaim some of that.
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 9:42 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Nearly all the various dog breeds now in existence came into being within the last 200 years, and many of those have few useful characteristics. In some instances great breeds of hunting dogs have had their best traits bred out of them by people trying to achieve perfect conformation for dog shows. It took a lot of work and determination to reclaim some of that.
I think i read somewhere that if we just left dogs alone, after a number of generations they would all be medium-sized and brown.

Which, interestingly, is exactly where the population of the US is going.
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 9:54 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I think i read somewhere that if we just left dogs alone, after a number of generations they would all be medium-sized and brown.

Which, interestingly, is exactly where the population of the US is going.
Most of the "wild dogs" all around the world look quite similar. The Basenji was notable in the Nova show last night in that it marked the last development in dog evolution before the branching-off of the Husky-Malemute sort, and Basenji (minus it's distinctive marking and vocal ability) is a little classic brown wild dog. I could have this wrong, it was television and I wasn't giving it 100% of my attention.
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 10:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

How about coydogs.....interesting look when that occurs.
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 10:40 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I've seen coy-wolves in Saskatchewan. I think they started out in eastern Canada, and when I saw them here it was in the mid 90's. First reaction was, "Jesus, that's a big coyote!". Since then there have been some real wolves move in. I would consider myself lucky to see one, and even luckier to make it relevant to a Trump thread...

Old Sep 3rd 2020, 10:46 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Trump has no dog. What the hell kind of president has no dog?
Trump is an Octopus not a dog guy.
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
Trump is an Octopus not a dog guy.
No, no, no, you've got it all wrong, Trump is definitely a cat guy. I distinctly remember him talking about how he likes to handle his pussy...
Old Sep 4th 2020, 12:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
No, no, no, you've got it all wrong, Trump is definitely a cat guy. I distinctly remember him talking about how he likes to handle his pussy...

He surely hates cats, they wouldn't give him the time of day. They'd give him that look and go back to washing their backsides.
Old Sep 4th 2020, 1:07 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by moneypenny20

He surely hates cats, they wouldn't give him the time of day. They'd give him that look and go back to washing their backsides.

Old Sep 4th 2020, 2:13 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
A number of them in the state park that abuts my property—the product of liaisons between strays and the coyotes.
Old Sep 4th 2020, 9:56 am
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
True but he is also hands all over the place apparently. Speaking of animals I heard of a tale in the early 00s Trump was at a place in NYC called Cheetah the one from the visa card advert in the UK Advertising to get a visa credit card because Cheetah some resturant I can't remember the name of and the broome street don't take american express. He was there with people and all his daughters mates were there and he was trying it on with them.

Yet despite Trump's rep there has not been not one allegation against him from any female white house staffer during his 4 years in office. Maybe that will be the October surprise.
Old Sep 4th 2020, 1:07 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
True but he is also hands all over the place apparently. Speaking of animals I heard of a tale in the early 00s Trump was at a place in NYC called Cheetah the one from the visa card advert in the UK Advertising to get a visa credit card because Cheetah some resturant I can't remember the name of and the broome street don't take american express. He was there with people and all his daughters mates were there and he was trying it on with them.

Yet despite Trump's rep there has not been not one allegation against him from any female white house staffer during his 4 years in office. Maybe that will be the October surprise.
So Sarah Sanders' recently published tale that he "joked" about pimping her out to Kim Jong-Un doesn't count? Alva Johnson filed suit in 2019 alleging unwanted sexual advances in 2016 during the previous campaign. Give it time: as people get out from under his sphere of influence the allegations will come out of the woodwork, I suspect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.