2020 Election

Old Sep 1st 2020, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by civilservant
He needs some of the progressives in order to win though, as Clinton demonstrates, if they stay home he loses. He simply isn't going to pick up enough votes on the right, IMO, to offset what he might lose in the left. Of course this just amplifies Trump attacks on him as a pawn of the left.
I don't understand how he will lose progressives by strongly condemning the violence. Progressives are supposed to be about workers rights, eliminating poverty, protecting the environment, etc ... not looting and burning. As stated in the post above, the morons who are burning and looting don't vote for anyone. I really am appalled that this weekend, the talking heads from the democratic side never once seemed to address the violence, the destruction. Yes, we need to say what a terrible person Trump is, and how important black lives are ... but that should not be inconsistent with strong condemnation of mayhem. I'm setting my expectations for another 4 years of Trump ...
Old Sep 1st 2020, 10:21 am
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I don't understand how he will lose progressives by strongly condemning the violence. Progressives are supposed to be about workers rights, eliminating poverty, protecting the environment, etc ... not looting and burning. As stated in the post above, the morons who are burning and looting don't vote for anyone. I really am appalled that this weekend, the talking heads from the democratic side never once seemed to address the violence, the destruction. Yes, we need to say what a terrible person Trump is, and how important black lives are ... but that should not be inconsistent with strong condemnation of mayhem. I'm setting my expectations for another 4 years of Trump ...
Expect him to pardon Kyle Rittenhouse and have him over to the white house. In fact he might do that before the election. No U.S real life U.S President has ever pardoned a murderer to my knowledge.

Last edited by andyrebell; Sep 1st 2020 at 10:25 am.
Old Sep 1st 2020, 10:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/01/us/po...day/index.html

We have 2 neighbouring police districts refusing to send help.

"Increasing law enforcement resources in Portland will not solve the nightly violence and now, murder," Clackamas County Sheriff Craig Roberts said. "The only way to make Portland safe again, is to support a policy that holds offenders accountable for their destruction and violence."The Washington County Sheriff's Office issued a similar statement, saying it will support efforts in "indirect ways like analyzing risks associated with social media, air support, and assisting with specific criminal investigations."
And from the local Police:

The police union on Monday said officers had been stymied by city officials."It is time for the Portland City Council to support Chief Lovell and the Police Bureau by imposing a zero-tolerance policy regarding protest violence, gun violence, and all other violence in the city," the Portland Police Association said on Facebook.
Chief Lovell is black.

Old Sep 1st 2020, 11:16 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently Trump thinks that a Police Officer shooting an unarmed man is just like a pro golfer missing a 3 yard putt.

You literally couldn't make this up. Even the Fox News interviewer had to jump in and clarify before the car crash got any worse.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ling-joe-biden
Old Sep 1st 2020, 11:34 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently Trump thinks that a Police Officer shooting an unarmed man is just like a pro golfer missing a 3 yard putt.

You literally couldn't make this up. Even the Fox News interviewer had to jump in and clarify before the car crash got any worse.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ling-joe-biden
The bit about the dark shadows controlling Biden and the mystery thugs on a plane was good, too.

Old Sep 1st 2020, 11:37 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
Expect him to pardon Kyle Rittenhouse and have him over to the white house. In fact he might do that before the election. No U.S real life U.S President has ever pardoned a murderer to my knowledge.
Nope. Don't expect that.

A president can only pardon someone accused of a federal crime. Rittenhouse has been accused of murder by the State of Wisconsin, not by the Federal authorities.
Old Sep 1st 2020, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Nope. Don't expect that.

A president can only pardon someone accused of a federal crime. Rittenhouse has been accused of murder by the State of Wisconsin, not by the Federal authorities.
Probably won't stop him from trying
Old Sep 1st 2020, 4:40 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Probably won't stop him from trying
He’ll need to be convicted first. At the rate the prosecution’s case is falling apart it’s touch and go that he’ll even be extradited.
Old Sep 1st 2020, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis
He’ll need to be convicted first. At the rate the prosecution’s case is falling apart it’s touch and go that he’ll even be extradited.

Indeed.

At this point, why even bother. Let's just have groups of armed people roaming the streets and fighting it out.

Old Sep 1st 2020, 7:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's not really true though, is it? Trump has made it clear he's talking about 'ANTIFA' and 'The Squad' with their Green New Deal and wanting to regulate how many hamburgers you can eat in a year. True or not, he is defining 'the left' as telling you what you can do with your life.

I'm concerned what the new state polls will show. COVID + rates are down from a few weeks ago, and violent protests are now taking over the news. The current issue is not one Biden can win on IMO.

I hope I'm wrong.

November will be pretty bang on for the proper second wave as more people shelter inside the cases will grow and grow exponentially again....

Not a pretty way to win an election though.....
Old Sep 1st 2020, 7:45 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

November will be pretty bang on for the proper second wave as more people shelter inside the cases will grow and grow exponentially again....
A good percentage of the electorate will have already cast their vote by then, either via mail or by early voting. Some early voting starts this month, well before even the first debate (that's Illinois, Michigan and Wyoming, BTW)

Last edited by civilservant; Sep 1st 2020 at 7:47 pm. Reason: Added quotation
Old Sep 1st 2020, 9:29 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
The bit about the dark shadows controlling Biden and the mystery thugs on a plane was good, too.
Those dark shadows will be that of America's First Woman President Kalama Harris. I said it before and been shouted down for it but i will say it again she will have him out on the 25th amendment probably within a year or less.
Old Sep 1st 2020, 10:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
Those dark shadows will be that of America's First Woman President Kalama Harris. I said it before and been shouted down for it but i will say it again she will have him out on the 25th amendment probably within a year or less.
the way things are going she may not be VP.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 4:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am assuming that despite their best efforts the Dems will win in November, now I was wrong last time.

Then what happens will be interesting, the infighting could be spectacular.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 11:26 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
the way things are going she may not be VP.
I know because he is going to win again despite everything that is going on with the corona, unemployment, black lives matter and the country being closer to civil war than we have ever seen before all stoked up by a president's rhetoric of hate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.