2020 Election

Old Aug 11th 2020, 8:29 pm
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Biden went BIG by picking Kamala...
She will super excite the base while bringing excellence to the White House. This is really bad news for Trump......

I'm getting multiple calls from my fellow canvassing partners and the excitement is off the charts. A tough on crime candidate VP and she support social justice such as BlacklivesMatter.. This consolidates the Obama Coalition.

Last edited by UkWinds5353; Aug 11th 2020 at 9:00 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2020, 8:31 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if 'super excite' is right. However I do think that she's a sold choice, tested in the Primaries and will wipe the floor with Pence.
Old Aug 11th 2020, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
She wouldn't have been my choice; I would have preferred her to be Attorney General. I hope she campaigns better this fall than she did in the primaries and shows the form she did on the Senate judiciary committee.
I, too, thought she'd be a great AG choice and wavered in thoughts about her suitability for VP.
But whenever I thought about repairing America's image around the world Harris immediately sprang to mind as a perfect VP choice...her Jamaican / Asian heritage should prove a real asset if Biden uses her strategically

Originally Posted by civilservant
I don't know if 'super excite' is right. However I do think that she's a sold choice, tested in the Primaries and will wipe the floor with Pence.
that debate should be a corker
Old Aug 11th 2020, 8:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Does she have to resign her senate seat to run with Biden or can she keep it in case Biden doesn't win and continue on in the senate? Her senate term isn't up until 2023 so she isn't running for re-election this year.

I couldn't find anything in my google search in regards to this.
Old Aug 11th 2020, 8:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Does she have to resign her senate seat to run with Biden or can she keep it in case Biden doesn't win and continue on in the senate? Her senate term isn't up until 2023 so she isn't running for re-election this year.

Good question!
Old Aug 11th 2020, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute

Only 5 states have a resign-to-run law apparently (in most of them it wouldn't apply anyway) and California isn't one of them - https://ballotpedia.org/Resign-to-run_law

So no, she won't need to resign.
Old Aug 11th 2020, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is going to be awesome.
Old Aug 11th 2020, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

She doesn't. If she does become VP, California's governor would select a replacement for her to serve the remainder of her term until Jan '23. And there's form for this: in 1952 Nixon became VP and Governor Warren appointed a replacement. I find it quite bizarre that almost all states don't hold a special election in such circumstances. It seems very undemocratic.
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

No.

California law will allow her to run in both races.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
This is going to be awesome.
I see I was right.
Old Aug 11th 2020, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olly_
Only 5 states have a resign-to-run law apparently (in most of them it wouldn't apply anyway) and California isn't one of them - https://ballotpedia.org/Resign-to-run_law

So no, she won't need to resign.
(Democratic) Gov. Gavin Newsom appoints her replacement
He could make "loser", congresswoman Karen Bass a "winner" by selecting her to fill the Harris Senate seat

ps...I was being facetious...I doubt Bass considers herself a "loser".
I think (for a politician) she's actually fairly humble and is perfectly happy as a Congresswoman representing and advocating for her constituency AND also being the leader of the Congressional Black Caucus

Last edited by MMcD; Aug 11th 2020 at 9:20 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2020, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

When Trump asks for extra debates with Biden, Dem's should counter with a request for extra VP debates In fact, since the debates may not go well for Biden, they should suggest a trade
Old Aug 11th 2020, 9:24 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to suggest an R President - D Vice President debate

One wonders if there is a deal in place for Biden resign in year 4 and allow her to run for her own first term as an incumbant.

Last edited by civilservant; Aug 11th 2020 at 9:29 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2020, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by civilservant
I was going to suggest an R President - D Vice President debate
Ha!

She should be there for Biden's debate prep...Maybe be the Orange One's stand-in
Old Aug 11th 2020, 9:55 pm
Banned

Biden's pick was obvious yet brilliant on many levels. As usual the GOP will do their typical gender attacks on VP candidate Harris and the response to those barbs will be the increase in support many people will give to the Biden/Harris ticket. The more they go low such as racist and gender attacks(which will happen) thrown at Harris the more anger that will create and galvanize voters in the base to get out and defeat Trump & Co. I'm even hearing from moderate republicans who are giving thumbs up to this vp pick. So let the attacks come and watch Trump and party pay a big price and further narrow their support.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.