2020 Election

Old Mar 18th 2019, 11:26 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/18/polit...ord/index.html

Apparently people think there's something there.... O'Rourke out raised Sanders on Day 1.
Old Mar 18th 2019, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure I am seeing the racist bit.

You can of course claim about good taste but then you better make sure you are clean on the matter.
Old Mar 18th 2019, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

https://news.yahoo.com/psychedelic-w...013651735.html

Archived versions of writings attributed to O’Rourke’s alias “Psychedelic Warlord” include one that criticized some women as “sluts,” mocked them for having “violent boyfriends,” and suggested a way to deal with these women was to call them “completely ugly,” or inform “Nazi Skins in your area” that they had “AIDS.”

More racism.
Old Mar 18th 2019, 1:27 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah if it transpires that he did write that then his candidacy is in serious trouble.
Old Mar 18th 2019, 2:19 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Yeah if it transpires that he did write that then his candidacy is in serious trouble.
He wrote it in his teens. I think the jury is still out on whether things like this will matter to potential voters. I can honestly say that I personally am not bothered.
Old Mar 18th 2019, 2:22 pm
Often not so civil...

I've been willing to overlook most things WRT his candidacy because I think he's the one that I personally connect to most, but this is sailing pretty close to my red line.
Old Mar 18th 2019, 2:57 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I've been willing to overlook most things WRT his candidacy because I think he's the one that I personally connect to most, but this is sailing pretty close to my red line.
That's interesting. Which part(s)?
Old Mar 18th 2019, 3:06 pm
Often not so civil...

This most recent article, decrying women as 'sluts' and 'completely ugly' sounds far too close to the current incumbent of the White House for my tastes - not to mention that the suggest way of dealing with them is basically to throw them to the wolves and let them be torn apart.

I understand this was one thing written a long time ago, but he also makes flippant remarks about his wife raising their children which suggests that some of his thought or opinions have not changed in the way they should have as an adult.
Old Mar 18th 2019, 3:43 pm
Account Closed

To be fair he did acknowledge his white privilege.

"Not only will I not say that again, but I'll be more thoughtful going forward in the way that I talk about our marriage, and also the way in which I acknowledge the truth of the criticism that I have enjoyed white privilege," he said.
He pointed to his ability to walk away from two arrests as a young man without serious consequences as a example.
Old Mar 18th 2019, 4:55 pm
WTF?

This most recent article, decrying women as 'sluts' and 'completely ugly' sounds far too close to the current incumbent of the White House for my tastes - not to mention that the suggest way of dealing with them is basically to throw them to the wolves and let them be torn apart.

I understand this was one thing written a long time ago, but he also makes flippant remarks about his wife raising their children which suggests that some of his thought or opinions have not changed in the way they should have as an adult.

I've just read the actual post and it looks to me like it's a list of things he might say to posers who were trying to be punk-rockers? Some of it doesn't even seem to be directed at any particular gender. Stupid and immature but not really threatening.

http://cd.textfiles.com/cuteskunk/un...c/cDc-0121.txt
Old Mar 18th 2019, 4:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Leslie
I've just read the actual post and it looks to me like it's a list of things he might say to posers who were trying to be punk-rockers? Some of it doesn't even seem to be directed at any particular gender. Stupid and immature but not really threatening.

http://cd.textfiles.com/cuteskunk/un...c/cDc-0121.txt
I think you are most likely correct, his problem is he is a member of the wrong party.
Old Mar 18th 2019, 5:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I think you are most likely correct, his problem is he is a member of the wrong party.
He's just raised $6.1m from members of the "wrong party", more than any other candidate did after their announcements.
Old Mar 18th 2019, 5:13 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Backlash against preppies as well, which was a thing back then.

Old Mar 18th 2019, 5:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
He's just raised $6.1m from members of the "wrong party", more than any other candidate did after their announcements.
A lot has happened in the last few days, lets see how this plays out.
Old Mar 18th 2019, 5:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

A lot has happened in the last few days, lets see how this plays out.
"Interesting" you don't follow your own advice:

Well it is all over.

I feel sorry for him in some respects, I was fairly boring in my youth but still did more that I would like to be published. But then he knows all this stuff would come up so why stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.