2020 Election

Old Jul 30th 2020, 2:53 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by GeneralPowerpoint
Before you call other people naive and ignorant for explaining why he's not able to change the date of the election perhaps you'd like to explain your theory of how he could?
I have absolutely no more idea now, than I did a year or two ago, when these questions were being asked. History is a series of events that unfolds. I never predicted that we would be here now. Change is usually unpredictable in the steps that happen for it to get to where it does. If it was predictable great change probably wouldn't happen.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 2:57 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

So basically you have no idea. That really makes your name calling of me seem pretty stupid.

Apparently I'm naive to think it couldn't happen because there are laws in place that won't allow it to happen. Yes I am crazy aren't I?
Old Jul 30th 2020, 3:01 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
So basically you have no idea. That really makes your name calling of me seem pretty stupid.

Apparently I'm naive to think it couldn't happen because there are laws in place that won't allow it to happen. Yes I am crazy aren't I?
I have a suspicion you have knowledge of history, but you wouldn't know it from the post I am replying to.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 3:07 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I give up. Hard to discuss something with someone who speaks in platitudes. It's worse than Folinsky.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I have absolutely no more idea now, than I did a year or two ago, when these questions were being asked.
If you have absolutely no idea how Trump could override the constitution, how are you in a position to call other people ignorant or naive for thinking that he couldn't?
Old Jul 30th 2020, 3:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

It's not up to Trump, he can nominate someone but that's it. it's McConnell. You can guarantee that they would replace RBG if she were to pass away, even in the lame duck session between the election and the swearing in of the new Senate.

Let's hope she can hang on until January 3rd if we get a Dem Senate, and January 20th if not.

The consequences of another staunch conservative being placed on SCOTUS by Trump/McConnell are grave. A 6-3 majority would last for probably 30 years.
After Scalia's death, Obama nominated Merrick Garland. McConnell refused to grant him a judicial committee hearing and ran out the clock. He's made it very clear that if a vacancy occurs before Jan 4th 2021 he will rush through a vote on a new justice. Imo, the next time there is Democratic control of both the Senate and the presidency, the president should add two Supreme Court justices to the nine in order to balance out the swing caused by McConnell's refusal to fulfill the Senate's constitutional duty on nominees.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 3:36 pm
He/him

Originally Posted by GeneralPowerpoint
If you have absolutely no idea how Trump could override the constitution, how are you in a position to call other people ignorant or naive for thinking that he couldn't?
Let me rephrase my last statement
"I as ignorant today as I was a year or two ago, when these questions were being asked, about how future events will unfold"
I am never afraid to admit to my ignorance. It is in the areas of ignorance that we need to look now.

One area of my ignorance is to the full extent that John Woo has interpreted Presidential power following the Supreme Court DACA ruling.I have no idea how Trump is going to do act on it, but the Supreme Court has ruled. and act he has already said he is going to do, what more little erosions happen after that I am again ignorant about. I have found it a little disheartening how little attention has been placed on the possible repercussions of this. Another area of my ignorance is the full extent of power of the Commander in Chief, as it isnt really defined. He has already mentioned Covid being during war time, though talk was all, I dont think he actually made demands of any businesses.
In defending the Constitution (not relying on the Constitution, as I am skeptical of Barr and the Supreme Court) eyes and pressure should be drawn to Executive Orders that will come, the law is only as strong as the Judiciary branch, and I have no faith in it at present.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Surly he must realize what a s*itstorn this is going to kick up.

The 'Law and Order President' just called to abandon the law.
He did that a long time ago.

He tweeted this nonsense a few moments after the terrible GDP figures were announced. Not a coincidence.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 3:41 pm
Often not so civil...

He tweeted this nonsense a few moments after the terrible GDP figures were announced. Not a coincidence.
Sure, I get it, but this is what I don't understand. Trying to turn attention from the GDP figures? Ok... but the figures were always going to be a mess. They're entirely predictable if you are at all engaged with what has happened during COVID.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sure, I get it, but this is what I don't understand. Trying to turn attention from the GDP figures? Ok... but the figures were always going to be a mess. They're entirely predictable if you are at all engaged with what has happened during COVID.
I think you answered your own point there!
Old Jul 30th 2020, 4:09 pm
Often not so civil...

You're suggesting he's trying to distract the people that haven't been paying attention during COVID?

Where are they? The Moon? Jeez I live in very very rural and very very Republican GA and it's all anyone talks about.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You're suggesting he's trying to distract the people that haven't been paying attention during COVID?

Where are they? The Moon? Jeez I live in very very rural and very very Republican GA and it's all anyone talks about.
I'm suggesting Trump is incapable of grasping what most people can grasp and thus can't envisage that most people expected the GDP figures would be catastrophic. This is a president who has been cheer leading every rise in the Dow as a personal triumph, so anything that affects the economy in a negative way is a personal affront that must be countered.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 4:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ac...ts/ar-BB17l5s5

The American Civil Liberties Union of Oregon on Wednesday filed a lawsuit against the Portland Police Bureau, challenging its live streaming of protests.
The ACLU of Oregon contends the bureau’s practice of filming and broadcasting protesters violates state law that prohibits police from collecting or maintaining information about the political, religious or social views, associations or activities of people who are not suspected of criminal activity.
Seems to fall right into Trumps hands, hiding the peaceful nature of the protests.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
After Scalia's death, Obama nominated Merrick Garland. McConnell refused to grant him a judicial committee hearing and ran out the clock. He's made it very clear that if a vacancy occurs before Jan 4th 2021 he will rush through a vote on a new justice. Imo, the next time there is Democratic control of both the Senate and the presidency, the president should add two Supreme Court justices to the nine in order to balance out the swing caused by McConnell's refusal to fulfill the Senate's constitutional duty on nominees.
Wow - Scalia died Feb 2016; so even with 10 months, they weren't able to replace him because the Senate was under Republican control and the Senate controls who is confirmed? So with the Senate under Republican control today, the same situation does not apply and a new judge could be appointed and confirmed if RBG were to pass?
Old Jul 30th 2020, 4:21 pm
He/him

Originally Posted by Boiler
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ac...ts/ar-BB17l5s5
Seems to fall right into Trumps hands, hiding the peaceful nature of the protests.
Elaborate how your quote supports your claim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.