2020 Election

Old Jul 22nd 2020, 8:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by BritInParis
No, it’s because COVID-19 is a disease that primarily affects the elderly. Unless your child has an underlying health condition or has an at risk primary caregiver at home then there’s no good reason not for them to go to school.

It's a good job they can be there on their own isn't it! Just being sarcy, I know things have to start going back to normal, just disagree with how some countries are going about it.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 9:43 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Good job they aren't going to be living at home, or they'll be bringing the virus straight from school to their parents, who might infect even higher-risk people. Most children may not get really sick or die (though there was a recent trend in child deaths in the news), and as long as they're kept away from the general public they can't transmit it. As soon as a student tests positive, they could be removed from whatever dormitory or motel they're being housed in so they don't infect the rest of the class, and either moved to a secure holding facility like the pens for undocumented immigrant kids, or sent home to quarantine with their families and return to home-schooling. Trump could enroll little Barron in a DC public school to show his trust in the policy. If anything goes wrong and school kids start dropping like flies, that could be very good for the job market 10 to 20 years in the future. It isn't callous to weigh that benefit against the lives of children; if anyone thinks the schools have to open now for the sake of the economy, they're already putting a price on those lives. Some who lose children or other loved ones to covid-19 if school opening triggers a fresh wave of infections may be motivated to vote, or even change how they vote. This could be the most closely scrutinized election in American history, and the whole world will be watching. Armed squads of military without insignia grabbing protesters off the street and taking them away in unmarked vans probably seems delightful to Trump's base, but the public should know who they are. The stated purpose of protecting federal buildings doesn't encompass kidnapping peaceful protesters off the street. Like South American death squads, the unmarked secret police is a dictator's tool. Maybe just grab one or two of them and find out... disarm them, shove them in an unmarked van and take them away for questioning. Better to get two in case the first one doesn't talk.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 10:03 am
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
When Trump announced today that he thought the virus outbreak will get worse before it gets better you could hear moderate voters collectively clinching their butt cheeks and wonder what is wrong with this out of touch OLD person. The pandemic has been raging for months, and this outbreak has forced everyone who is rational to change not only their daily lives but also the next one to two years of everyone's life. He even said out loud, that he even hated to say it because it sounds so negative. So its not negative because people are dying it is only negative due to the impact on how people view his incompetent administration. Amazing!

80 more days and early voting starts in many states. And just like I said would happen my insane former Republican party has waited till the last minute to start discussions on another stimulus package to protect Americans from joining the ever growing soup lines.

Btw, I thought it was beyond unbelievable that the governor of Missouri actually said sending young kids back to school in full classes and then getting infected with the virus would not harm them long term. He said children wouldn't even need to be admitted to a hospital for treatment. They would get over the infection with-in 24 hours. Just sniffles. The Republican party truly is evolution in reverse.
He was a lot more serious last night because he knows he is in trouble over this. I think he finally sees his re-election is in trouble. But it was too little too late.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 10:31 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I thought he actually came dangerously close to sounding Presidential for the first time in his entire term

No doubt he'll be back to riffing on Biden/Russia/Muller/Mail in voting by the end of the week.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 11:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
I thought he actually came dangerously close to sounding Presidential for the first time in his entire term
He does when he follows a script that he hasn't written. 9 times out of 10 though he gets bored or sidetracked and bumbles off into Trump world.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Washington DC briefing room Tuesday : Mr Hyde
Houston Chinese Consulate Wednesday : Dr. Jeckell
He/'s a walking time bomb whose clock is winding down,
America is his ammo
"embers and fires"....
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 2:41 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed. I didn't mean to suggest that my opinion of him had improved, just that there was a clear break from 'Normal Trump'
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 3:38 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed. I didn't mean to suggest that my opinion of him had improved, just that there was a clear break from 'Normal Trump'
Apart from the fact he seemed to defend Maxwell a nonce and sex trafficker.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Good job they aren't going to be living at home, or they'll be bringing the virus straight from school to their parents, who might infect even higher-risk people. Most children may not get really sick or die (though there was a recent trend in child deaths in the news), and as long as they're kept away from the general public they can't transmit it. As soon as a student tests positive, they could be removed from whatever dormitory or motel they're being housed in so they don't infect the rest of the class, and either moved to a secure holding facility like the pens for undocumented immigrant kids, or sent home to quarantine with their families and return to home-schooling. Trump could enroll little Barron in a DC public school to show his trust in the policy. If anything goes wrong and school kids start dropping like flies, that could be very good for the job market 10 to 20 years in the future. It isn't callous to weigh that benefit against the lives of children; if anyone thinks the schools have to open now for the sake of the economy, they're already putting a price on those lives. Some who lose children or other loved ones to covid-19 if school opening triggers a fresh wave of infections may be motivated to vote, or even change how they vote. This could be the most closely scrutinized election in American history, and the whole world will be watching. Armed squads of military without insignia grabbing protesters off the street and taking them away in unmarked vans probably seems delightful to Trump's base, but the public should know who they are. The stated purpose of protecting federal buildings doesn't encompass kidnapping peaceful protesters off the street. Like South American death squads, the unmarked secret police is a dictator's tool. Maybe just grab one or two of them and find out... disarm them, shove them in an unmarked van and take them away for questioning. Better to get two in case the first one doesn't talk.
Another factor in school re-openings is the health of teachers. I have one teacher friend who says she will quit the profession if forced to teach in class this fall. I suspect there are many others who feel the same way; hence the lawsuit filed in Florida by the teachers' union against the governor's school re-opening plan.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
Apart from the fact he seemed to defend Maxwell a nonce and sex trafficker.
Maybe he is concerned that Maxwell has "information of interest" regarding him and Epstein?
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 4:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Another factor in school re-openings is the health of teachers. I have one teacher friend who says she will quit the profession if forced to teach in class this fall. I suspect there are many others who feel the same way; hence the lawsuit filed in Florida by the teachers' union against the governor's school re-opening plan.
I know at least one approaching retirement who does not want to do the Zoom thingy and will take retirement if that is the case, so works both ways.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 5:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Maybe he is concerned that Maxwell has "information of interest" regarding him and Epstein?
Quite possibly but I would have skipped over that question or taken a neutral position on the subject saying something along the lines of maybe her legal process will be a good step towards closure in this situation. Or I feel unable to comment due to the ongoing legal process. But he has take position of defending her a position which might or might not harm with the women vote or the so called me too vote? And he can't afford any more ham can he because he is a very bad position on his re-election campaign.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by andyrebell
Quite possibly but I would have skipped over that question or taken a neutral position on the subject saying something along the lines of maybe her legal process will be a good step towards closure in this situation. Or I feel unable to comment due to the ongoing legal process. But he has take position of defending her a position which might or might not harm with the women vote or the so called me too vote? And he can't afford any more ham can he because he is a very bad position on his re-election campaign.
Trump has a track record of intimating pardons for people who may have the goods on him. Saving his own skin has been and is his first priority. But of course this is merely conjecture as this point.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Jul 22nd 2020 at 6:22 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 5:44 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I know at least one approaching retirement who does not want to do the Zoom thingy and will take retirement if that is the case, so works both ways.
Concern about health and incompetence to plan and deliver using technology are not equivalence, thus in no way relevant to claim "works both ways". They should have been using technology in the classroom and for support and scaffolding whether in school or not anyway.

Last edited by kimilseung; Jul 22nd 2020 at 5:50 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Concern about health and incompetence to plan and deliver using technology are not equivalence, thus in no way relevant to claim "works both ways". They should have been using technology in the classroom and for support and scaffolding whether in school or not anyway.
Indeed. Here are details of the Florida lawsuit. I see a pregnant teacher had already filed a separate lawsuit:

https://www.winknews.com/2020/07/20/...pen%20schools.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.