2020 Election

Old Jul 21st 2020, 9:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by andyrebell
But he has dementia so maybe he will forget the briefing and then maybe one day he will think that button is to call for maid service in the oval office. And when no maid comes in push it again and again. And nukes will be flying everywhere. God help us.
Do you actually read the responses to your posts? Try this one again - 2020 Election
Old Jul 21st 2020, 11:08 am
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Do you actually read the responses to your posts? Try this one again - 2020 Election
I am being sarcastic in the previous post.

But In 105 days time there could be a man in the oval office in who has dementia. A man who can't complete a 4 year term? A man whose VP comes into power mid term possibly with a different agenda than Biden had? He is a bad ticket but he is the only game in town but he can beat Trump. If he doesn't it is 4 more years of Trump. God help america from either end.

Last edited by andyrebell; Jul 21st 2020 at 11:13 am.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 12:19 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

But In 105 days time there could be a man in the oval office in who has dementia. A man who can't complete a 4 year term?
So you're diagnosing the guy from your ivory tower in Manhattan based on your vaunted medical experience? Don't give me that 'it's obvious' crap either, Dementia is a medical diagnosis made by a physician.

You seem to think that the President is responsible for everything that happens in the Federal Government. That he literally has his hands on the tiller. He isn't and doesn't. So I'll allow that maybe Biden has had some cognitive loss over the last decade, but he still will have a cabinet of qualified people and advisors around him. Reagan wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders either was he?

If it's the lesser of 2 evils (and I don't agree that it is) then Biden is clearly the winner, cognative decline or not.

God help america from either end.
You seem to think that AOC and 'The Squad' are going to sneak into the Oval Office and start drafting Executive Orders while Biden is taking a nap. One wonders where your delusions come from.

Last edited by civilservant; Jul 21st 2020 at 12:22 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think andyrebell lives in Manhattan. In an ivory tower or otherwise.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 2:03 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think andyrebell lives in Manhattan. In an ivory tower or otherwise
Perhaps, but where ever it is it's Cloud Cookoo Land.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 4:06 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I'm more inclined to diagnose Andy with dementia than I am Biden.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 5:00 pm
Often not so civil...

Another home run from TLP:

Old Jul 21st 2020, 5:37 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
So you're diagnosing the guy from your ivory tower in Manhattan based on your vaunted medical experience? Don't give me that 'it's obvious' crap either, Dementia is a medical diagnosis made by a physician.

You seem to think that the President is responsible for everything that happens in the Federal Government. That he literally has his hands on the tiller. He isn't and doesn't. So I'll allow that maybe Biden has had some cognitive loss over the last decade, but he still will have a cabinet of qualified people and advisors around him. Reagan wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders either was he?

If it's the lesser of 2 evils (and I don't agree that it is) then Biden is clearly the winner, cognative decline or not.

You seem to think that AOC and 'The Squad' are going to sneak into the Oval Office and start drafting Executive Orders while Biden is taking a nap. One wonders where your delusions come from.
Trump seems to think he is the be all and end all in the Federal Government. I don't think anyone yanks trumps chain pardon the pun. How much of this last 4 years has been Trump's agenda as opposed to his advisers agendas? We have no way of knowing really do we. But I can't imagine what being that in administration must be like. He is treats it like the apprentice sacking left and right. There has never been the intensity of sackings in a U.S administration has there?

Didn't the big russian oligarchs do that with Yeltsen when he was boozing Vodka?. Didn't they get him to agree to all kinds of stuff? Wasn't it like here Boris sign this agree, sign this and he did it. I have heard it was. If Biden doesn't fully possess his own mind or maybe to put it another way if he can be easily lead maybe similar things might happen with him. Either way America is in a right pickle.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 5:42 pm
Often not so civil...

Trump seems to think he is the be all and end all in the Federal Government. I don't think anyone yanks trumps chain pardon the pun. How much of this last 4 years has been Trump's agenda as opposed to his advisers agendas? We have no way of knowing really do we. But I can't imagine what being that in administration must be like. He is treats it like the apprentice sacking left and right. There has never been the intensity of sackings in a U.S administration has there?
So... in answer to my post you're basically just said 'Elephant' and left it at that. Dementia indeed.

How is any of that relevant to what is being discussed, other than that it tangentially involves the same people?

Last edited by civilservant; Jul 21st 2020 at 5:44 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Oh.

I understand how busy you are Googling Joe Biden's net worth while conveniently not Googling how he actually came to have that net worth and then posting on the internet (about 500 times in this thread) a warped and distorted version of how you want people to think he got that net worth. Because that's what this election is really about. Nobody is thinking about some silly virus because why would they? It's not like it effects every single American living in the US or anything. It's not like there are freezer trucks full of dead bodies in Dallas/Houston/Phoenix/Miami etc. It's ridiculous to think the silly virus will effect the election. For goodness sake, those body bags can't even vote. Who cares about them, right?

Of course you haven't thought about it sufficiently. That sounds perfectly plausible and non-Trump shilling.

I have another question for you. In this particular case, if you haven't had time to think about this sufficiently, why don't you take the time to think about it and then answer? Because if you can't/won't then I sort of wonder why you're posting in the 2020 Election thread.

Question: Of the two candidates, who do you trust to deal with insurance affordability, healthcare and public health?
I have several times stated my impression that Biden a decent fellow.and do not recall stating he acquired his wealth fraudulently. If you think government employees at his level with salary and perks reasonable or reflect some sort of noble sacrifice well we just diiffer.

So everyone who should post on this thread must study every issue- and especially then have a definitive opinion even where there isn't consensus among experts ? The partisan approach of taking a position for or against a candidate, whether one has sufficient information or not on an a particular issue doesn't seem too productive,. This is like the talking heads loudly claiming Trump's tax returns would show his net worth, a bit of study would have shown that was nit the case- but so anti-Trump they lost all objectivity.

In response I don't think Trump has any plans let alone understanding of dealing with the health care system, Biden may tinker here and there, so I trust neither to solve the health care issues- Sanders among the different candidates seemed to me to have the best approach and the guts to implement.

Last edited by morpeth; Jul 21st 2020 at 6:38 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 8:42 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
I have several times stated my impression that Biden a decent fellow.and do not recall stating he acquired his wealth fraudulently. If you think government employees at his level with salary and perks reasonable or reflect some sort of noble sacrifice well we just diiffer.

So everyone who should post on this thread must study every issue- and especially then have a definitive opinion even where there isn't consensus among experts ? The partisan approach of taking a position for or against a candidate, whether one has sufficient information or not on an a particular issue doesn't seem too productive,. This is like the talking heads loudly claiming Trump's tax returns would show his net worth, a bit of study would have shown that was nit the case- but so anti-Trump they lost all objectivity.

In response I don't think Trump has any plans let alone understanding of dealing with the health care system, Biden may tinker here and there, so I trust neither to solve the health care issues- Sanders among the different candidates seemed to me to have the best approach and the guts to implement.
I’m fairly confident that no-one has EVER claimed that a person’s tax return would show net worth. Can you give an example, someone saying that it would? After all, anyone who has ever filed a US tax return, knows that it doesn’t do that.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 10:28 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
I’m fairly confident that no-one has EVER claimed that a person’s tax return would show net worth. Can you give an example, someone saying that it would? After all, anyone who has ever filed a US tax return, knows that it doesn’t do that.
Exactly. And, as many prosecutors, tax experts and investigative journalists HAVE said, it can give information about where his income comes from. Nobody gives a turd about net worth unless we're talking about morpeth's obsession with Biden's net worth. Trump has lied about everything else, so it's pretty much baked in that he's lied about his net worth. Trump's net worth does not endanger the democracy. Who Trump is beholden to does.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 12:32 am
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

When Trump announced today that he thought the virus outbreak will get worse before it gets better you could hear moderate voters collectively clinching their butt cheeks and wonder what is wrong with this out of touch OLD person. The pandemic has been raging for months, and this outbreak has forced everyone who is rational to change not only their daily lives but also the next one to two years of everyone's life. He even said out loud, that he even hated to say it because it sounds so negative. So its not negative because people are dying it is only negative due to the impact on how people view his incompetent administration. Amazing!

80 more days and early voting starts in many states. And just like I said would happen my insane former Republican party has waited till the last minute to start discussions on another stimulus package to protect Americans from joining the ever growing soup lines.

Btw, I thought it was beyond unbelievable that the governor of Missouri actually said sending young kids back to school in full classes and then getting infected with the virus would not harm them long term. He said children wouldn't even need to be admitted to a hospital for treatment. They would get over the infection with-in 24 hours. Just sniffles. The Republican party truly is evolution in reverse.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 3:37 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
When Trump announced today that he thought the virus outbreak will get worse before it gets better you could hear moderate voters collectively clinching their butt cheeks and wonder what is wrong with this out of touch OLD person. The pandemic has been raging for months, and this outbreak has forced everyone who is rational to change not only their daily lives but also the next one to two years of everyone's life. He even said out loud, that he even hated to say it because it sounds so negative. So its not negative because people are dying it is only negative due to the impact on how people view his incompetent administration. Amazing!

80 more days and early voting starts in many states. And just like I said would happen my insane former Republican party has waited till the last minute to start discussions on another stimulus package to protect Americans from joining the ever growing soup lines.

Btw, I thought it was beyond unbelievable that the governor of Missouri actually said sending young kids back to school in full classes and then getting infected with the virus would not harm them long term. He said children wouldn't even need to be admitted to a hospital for treatment. They would get over the infection with-in 24 hours. Just sniffles. The Republican party truly is evolution in reverse.
Doesnt anyone else think the childhood infection/death rate is so low so far BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T IN SCHOOL.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 8:30 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
Doesnt anyone else think the childhood infection/death rate is so low so far BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T IN SCHOOL.
No, it’s because COVID-19 is a disease that primarily affects the elderly. Unless your child has an underlying health condition or has an at risk primary caregiver at home then there’s no good reason not for them to go to school.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.