2020 Election

Old Jul 20th 2020, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by Leslie
Okay, enough of the blah blah. Trump and Biden are the presumptive nominees. All of this bickering about qualifications is for the primaries and run-offs. This is the 2020 Election thread. Enough of the distractions, let's get real about what this election is actually about.

Question: Which nominee would you trust more with handling the pandemic?
Good question, I haven't thought about it sufficiently.to have an opinion either way. in particular since there appears such a wide variety of opinions on different aspects of the corona situation.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 9:52 am
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

What would happen if Trump "rejects the result" and attempts to remain in office as has been mention in a recent fox interview. Would it be a case of the army storming the white house. Secret service pointing guns at one another like a hollywood movie?
Old Jul 20th 2020, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
What would happen if Trump "rejects the result" and attempts to remain in office as has been mention in a recent fox interview. Would it be a case of the army storming the white house. Secret service pointing guns at one another like a hollywood movie?

January 20th, 2021, noon. Whoever was elected takes up the reigns as executive branch. If that wasn't Trump elected and hasn't got his fat arse out of the White House then he'll likely be bounced into the brig for trespassing...

EDIT: Secret service work for the current president, not the outgoing president.

Edit to the Edit: I believe this exact topic has been covered on more than one occasion on this very thread.

Last edited by zzrmark; Jul 20th 2020 at 11:22 am.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 11:19 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

January 20th, 2021, noon. Whoever was elected takes up the reigns as executive branch. If that wasn't Trump elected and hasn't got his fat arse out of the White House then he'll likely be bounced into the brig for trespassing...
This. And I for one, endorse the idea of his purp walk out of the WH to the local Federal Pokey in handcuffs being shown on the news.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 1:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Gerard Butler will sort out Trump if he refuses to leave the White House.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I am concerned about what Executive Orders he has up his sleeve, involving a number of issues, that he promised would be revealed over the next few weeks. He used the DACA decision as a link to these imminent orders, so I think he sees an opportunity in the court decisions to expand Executive power, which this administration is very strong on promoting.
Everything in Trump world is coming in 'two weeks' - I doubt anything will happen.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

TexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
EDIT: Secret service work for the current president, not the outgoing president.
Not that I want to split hairs, but I don't think it's quite correct to say that they work "for" the President.

The President is certainly the most prominent protectee that the Secret Service have, but as as Federal LEO would it not be more correct to say that they work "for" Congress, especially given their dual (and original) mandate to protect the integrity of the financial system?

Old Jul 20th 2020, 2:28 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Gerard Butler will sort out Trump if he refuses to leave the White House.
Can Mike Banning stop him before he launches America's nukes against China and Iran and North Korea!

And I am actually not even joking. I can imagine him being if I am not president no one is and launching the nukes from peoc room I really can. With the nuclear football he has the launch codes.

Last edited by andyrebell; Jul 20th 2020 at 2:32 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 2:30 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by TexanScot
Not that I want to split hairs, but I don't think it's quite correct to say that they work "for" the President.

The President is certainly the most prominent protectee that the Secret Service have, but as as Federal LEO would it not be more correct to say that they work "for" Congress, especially given their dual (and original) mandate to protect the integrity of the financial system?
Would the secret service resist the removal/arrest of Trump from the white house though? Given that until Biden takes the oath Trump is still the president?
Old Jul 20th 2020, 2:31 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Can Mike Banning stop him before he launches America's nukes against China and Iran and North Korea!
Since his launch codes expire when his Presidency does, and we are talking about what happens on inauguration day for President Biden, I don't think we have to worry about that.

He literally turns into a pumpkin at noon.

With the nuclear football he has the launch codes.
He has no authority to issue any orders to the military when his term has expired. An Officer that took that order would be count martialed.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 2:40 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by civilservant
Since his launch codes expire when his Presidency does, and we are talking about what happens on inauguration day for President Biden, I don't think we have to worry about that.

He literally turns into a pumpkin at noon.

He has no authority to issue any orders to the military when his term has expired. An Officer that took that order would be count martialed.
So Trump cannot launch from the peoc room like in the movies? There is no computer terminal to do that? In the movies you see the president with his suitcase and his handprint on the computer.

Last edited by andyrebell; Jul 20th 2020 at 2:43 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 2:42 pm
Often not so civil...

Originally Posted by andyrebell
So Trump cannot launch from the peoc room like in the movies? There is no computer terminal to do that?
The President can launch a nuclear strike from anywhere. That is the purpose of the football.

My point was that he can't do anything after he is President, even if he remains in the WH.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 2:46 pm
Banned

The President can launch a nuclear strike from anywhere. That is the purpose of the football.

My point was that he can't do anything after he is President, even if he remains in the WH.
He won't grab the desk at the oval and say no I am not leaving trying to drag his feet. But he would probably will do if he does anything is a court challenge like in 2000. So what if that court battle goes to beyond Jan 21st? An interesting question for legal discussion.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 3:48 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

He can't physically do it himself, he gives an order and some other saps have to activate the the launch, I think Andy is thinking he has a button that he can just press with no-one else being involved.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 3:56 pm
Often not so civil...

Indeed. Yes if I implied that he himself pushes the 'big red button' then that was not my intent.

He also cannot order a strike alone, I believe the '2 man rule' is still in effect in the US.

EDIT: It is still in effect, but is only for the purpose of validating that the order came from POTUS or his successor, and not from an imposter. The second man (usually SecDef) has no authority to override, countermand, or even object to, the launch.

Last edited by civilservant; Jul 20th 2020 at 4:00 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.