2020 Election

Old Jul 15th 2020, 11:22 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Another smack in the face for Trump from The Lincoln Project.

Old Jul 15th 2020, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Who here thinks, Biden already knows who his VP is?

If so, it's a good strategy to keep it under the hat. Trump is taking a beating every day with the virus and no need to take headlines away from that. Eventually he will have to disclose it prior to the convention (the delegates need to approve it) but until then . . .

I think it's a great move to just (almost literally) stay in his basement right now. Trump is beating himself, don't get in the way. I mentioned in an earlier post that I expected much more professionalism from Joe Biden than Hillary Clinton and I think we are getting it now.
Old Jul 15th 2020, 12:23 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Who here thinks, Biden already knows who his VP is?
Since he said that he would announce at the beginning of August, I would be surprised if the offer hasn't already been made or is imminent this week. They need a little time to start printing up campaign posters etc for the announcement.

As to keeping things low key, I agree that letting Trump self-destruct is a good strategy.
Old Jul 15th 2020, 12:58 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
As to keeping things low key, I agree that letting Trump self-destruct is a good strategy.
He was on the news this morning saying how the confederate flag is freedom of speech, just like BLM is; sounds a lot like there were good people on both sides. People who brought their stars and bars flags to NASCAR or flew them on their lawns are already Trumpers so I don't know how many extra votes that will get him.
Old Jul 15th 2020, 1:48 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
He was on the news this morning saying how the confederate flag is freedom of speech, just like BLM is; sounds a lot like there were good people on both sides. People who brought their stars and bars flags to NASCAR or flew them on their lawns are already Trumpers so I don't know how many extra votes that will get him.
Now that the Battle flag has been banned (in Nascar), I wonder if people will switch to the Stars and Bars or has that actually been banned too?
Old Jul 15th 2020, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Now that the Battle flag has been banned (in Nascar), I wonder if people will switch to the Stars and Bars or has that actually been banned too?
We'll see. I think very few understand that the battle flag wasn't the official flag, and I think most think "Stars and Bars" is actually the battle flag. Many years spent in the South, it was somewhat prevalent to see the battle flag in some quarters but I can't ever recall seeing the stars and bars. Some official government entities even used the battle flag to represent the Confederacy rather than the other.

Last edited by carcajou; Jul 15th 2020 at 1:57 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2020, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

HDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
It seems that Trump is petrified of his Southern conservative base abandoning him.
Old Jul 15th 2020, 3:07 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HDWill
It seems that Trump is petrified of his Southern conservative base abandoning him.
According to a nurse on the news he has to get some nurses into Florida or a bunch of his base may abandon earth.
I was half asleep when I saw this, and it isn't available to me, but as I recall he doubled down on China, saying they gave us [a trade war? not sure] then they gave us the flu.
so they're the bad guys. This one plays here (but it isn't what I thought):
His primary duty is to get Russia back in G7, recognise Crimea as legally part of Russia, recognise Russia's involvement in the war in eastern Ukraine as legitimate, and get rid of sanctions against Russians, and he can't do much of that if he doesn't get re-elected.
Edit to add: another task is to get ****ing NATO off of Russia's borders.

Last edited by caretaker; Jul 15th 2020 at 3:11 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2020, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
We'll see. I think very few understand that the battle flag wasn't the official flag, and I think most think "Stars and Bars" is actually the battle flag. Many years spent in the South, it was somewhat prevalent to see the battle flag in some quarters but I can't ever recall seeing the stars and bars. Some official government entities even used the battle flag to represent the Confederacy rather than the other.
It remains to be seen if people will start waving the stars and bars, or even the Georgia state flag which is almost exactly the same, but it's not as if most people waving the battle flag even knew the history anyway. Must have been because someone tore down a statue of the flags, those people get all of their history lessons from statues, or so they claim.
Old Jul 15th 2020, 5:03 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Originally Posted by carcajou
A quick guide for those who, like me, do not have mental images of the various flags and names stored in their brains https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_...tes_of_America
Old Jul 15th 2020, 5:06 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I usually don't listen to what the piece of shit says but I couldn't get to the TV fast enough to mute him this morning . . .

He said that kids need to go back to school because having the children at home is killing more mothers (then he added fathers as an after thought) than anything else. How do Trump supporters feel about their hero announcing that women staying home with their children is a deadly practice and they need to stop that shit immediately.

He also said, in answer to a question about parents who are afraid to send their kids back to school because of the pandemic, that anybody who thought that way needed to find somebody else to care for their kids .... the implication being that being fearful of your children being infected by the Coronavirus makes you such a bad parent that you should be deemed unsafe to care for your own children.

Nuclear family much?

Last edited by Leslie; Jul 15th 2020 at 5:08 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2020, 5:13 pm
Often not so civil...

Nuclear family much?
Nuclear in-so-much as he's trying to blow it up
Old Jul 15th 2020, 6:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Another smack in the face for Trump from The Lincoln Project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6wI...em-uploademail
Awesome! I may have to get out my credit card at this rate and give them a donation!

Do we know where these are being aired? Now that I'm in CA, I'm not likely to see them on TV here. But I bet / hope they are being aired in AZ, and on Fox as they have been in the past.
Old Jul 15th 2020, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
I usually don't listen to what the piece of shit says but I couldn't get to the TV fast enough to mute him this morning . . .

He said that kids need to go back to school because having the children at home is killing more mothers (then he added fathers as an after thought) than anything else. How do Trump supporters feel about their hero announcing that women staying home with their children is a deadly practice and they need to stop that shit immediately.

He also said, in answer to a question about parents who are afraid to send their kids back to school because of the pandemic, that anybody who thought that way needed to find somebody else to care for their kids .... the implication being that being fearful of your children being infected by the Coronavirus makes you such a bad parent that you should be deemed unsafe to care for your own children.

Nuclear family much?
The talking heads on the right keep saying 'other countries are sending their kids back to school and so should we'. What no one seems to be saying in response is, yes, 'other countries' are indeed sending their kids back to school - because other countries have got their cases under control.
Old Jul 15th 2020, 8:01 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
The talking heads on the right keep saying 'other countries are sending their kids back to school and so should we'. What no one seems to be saying in response is, yes, 'other countries' are indeed sending their kids back to school - because other countries have got their cases under control.
It's amazing to me that people actually have to be told that. The fact that nobody twats Trump in the face every time his says this nonsense is just flabbergasting. The fact that anybody believes his lies is a testament to Darwinism.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.