2020 Election

Old May 1st 2020, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Nationalist jingoism is not unique to the US, it's pretty much universal. Not least in the UK.
Old May 1st 2020, 7:47 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I was gobsmacked to see this in the NYT, real journalism
The New York Times is full of real journalism every day, not sure why you’d be gobsmacked.
Old May 1st 2020, 7:50 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
The New York Times is full of real journalism every day, not sure why you’d be gobsmacked.
Well done the New York Times, some people need a periodic smack in the gob
Old May 1st 2020, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

HDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond repute

To take a tangent, I remember Hillary said in an interview that she felt 'gobsmacked' after the 2016 election. I thought, that's another way she was out of touch. I'm sure most of the blue-collar Midwesterners she expected to vote for her never use the Britishism 'gobsmacked' or even know what it means.
Old May 1st 2020, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

nain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HDWill
To take a tangent, I remember Hillary said in an interview that she felt 'gobsmacked' after the 2016 election. I thought, that's another way she was out of touch. I'm sure most of the blue-collar Midwesterners she expected to vote for her never use the Britishism 'gobsmacked' or even know what it means.
Hilary Clnton was not "out of touch" with Midwestern voters. It's just that Vladimir was more in touch (electronically) with the voting polls than Hilary Clinton was. NO ONE (except Vladimir) expected the Orange Buffoon to make it to the office of President, even the Orange Buffoon himself.
Old May 1st 2020, 6:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nain rouge
Hilary Clnton was not "out of touch" with Midwestern voters. It's just that Vladimir was more in touch (electronically) with the voting polls than Hilary Clinton was. NO ONE (except Vladimir) expected the Orange Buffoon to make it to the office of President, even the Orange Buffoon himself.
how can you possibly say “NO ONE”? A bit of an overstatement there methinks.
Old May 1st 2020, 6:53 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HDWill
That's pretty condescending and shows how out of touch you are. I live in Texas and everybody here knows what gobsmacked means.
Old May 1st 2020, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

'cos trolls are going troll.
Old May 1st 2020, 7:50 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Perhaps not though. The bet Leicester City to win the prem 2016 Brexit leave vote and Trump president was 15 MILLION to 1 at some bookmakers here in the UK and my knowledge I don't think anyone in the UK backed it even for a pound. 1 pound winning you 15 MILLION i will put the million in capital letters. Leicester city stayed with them the whole season to be fair that was a tough bet. Brexit was 50/50 chance but Trump was the one no one in UK though he had a chance we really didn't. After all he lost the Iowa Caucus and the people here on UK news said he was finished.
Old May 1st 2020, 7:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
Perhaps not though. The bet Leicester City to win the prem 2016 Brexit leave vote and Trump president was 15 MILLION to 1 at some bookmakers here in the UK and my knowledge I don't think anyone in the UK backed it even for a pound. 1 pound winning you 15 MILLION i will put the million in capital letters. Leicester city stayed with them the whole season to be fair that was a tough bet. Brexit was 50/50 chance but Trump was the one no one in UK though he had a chance we really didn't. After all he lost the Iowa Caucus and the people here on UK news said he was finished.
what on earth are you talking about?

out of a population of approx 360,000,000 of course there was at least one person expected Trump to win.
Old May 1st 2020, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

It certainly baffles me as to why even one person would vote for Donald Trump.
Old May 1st 2020, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

nain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond repute

Really? You are that literal? My, you are a stickler.

OK. There were about a dozen (brown-shirted) people in Gomer Junction, West Texas who thought Donald would win. Seven or eight in Wakko, Wyoming KNEW that god would provide a way for that holy man Donald to make it to the presidency. And one guy who liked to stare at people in a public park in South Dakota knew OF COURSE that his hero would get to the White House.

The people who weren't prayin' and swayin', attending para-military meetings, or had just been released from psychiatric facilities, did not expect Donald to win.
Old May 1st 2020, 8:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by nain rouge
Really? You are that literal? My, you are a stickler.

OK. There were about a dozen (brown-shirted) people in Gomer Junction, West Texas who thought Donald would win. Seven or eight in Wakko, Wyoming KNEW that god would provide a way for that holy man Donald to make it to the presidency. And one guy who liked to stare at people in a public park in South Dakota knew OF COURSE that his hero would get to the White House.

The people who weren't prayin' and swayin', attending para-military meetings, or had just been released from psychiatric facilities, did not expect Donald to win.
you obviously like to make sweeping statements that don’t hold water and you are still doing so.
Old May 1st 2020, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

you obviously like to make sweeping statements that don’t hold water and you are still doing so.
You obviously are a little tight and need to find a way to not get wound up so much.
Old May 1st 2020, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Leslie
That's pretty condescending and shows how out of touch you are. I live in Texas and everybody here knows what gobsmacked means.
But do they know what the collywobbles are? Cos Trump gives me the collywobbles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.