2020 Election

Old Apr 17th 2020, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by Anian
Why is slip of the tongue considered important when daily outright lying by his opposition is ignored?
Do you live in a cave? One look at any newspaper or TV news report on any day of the week would demonstrate conclusively that it is not ignored. It is roundly reported and commented on by virtually everyone.

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Because it allows the normal culprits to pull the "both sides do it" nonsense.
Nonsense? You mean Democrats don't lie, Giantaxe? Really? The reason Trump gets away with it is because the lying culture in politics is so pervasive that it's seen as no news here. Guess which political parties played a fundamental role in setting that culture, Giantaxe? Really, just the Republicans? Only radical true believers think "players on their team" have halos and wings growing out their backs the way the Usual Suspects do.

While we are at it - do you find Tara Reade's allegations against Joe Biden to be credible, and do you call for an investigation? If not, why not? Is it because she accused a Democrat in an election year?
Old Apr 17th 2020, 3:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
Nonsense? You mean Democrats don't lie, Giantaxe? Really? The reason Trump gets away with it is because the lying culture in politics is so pervasive that it's seen as no news here. Guess which political parties played a fundamental role in setting that culture, Giantaxe? Really, just the Republicans? Only radical true believers think "players on their team" have halos and wings growing out their backs the way the Usual Suspects do.
In the 30+ years I've lived in the US, no president or presidential candidate of either party has lied to anything remotely like the degree that Trump does. So, yeah, the "both sides do it", although nominally true, is nonsense.

While we are at it - do you find Tara Reade's allegations against Joe Biden to be credible, and do you call for an investigation? If not, why not? Is it because she accused a Democrat in an election year?
I have no idea whether her allegations are true. Just as with Trump, I'd certainly find the allegations more compelling if there was a pattern of multiple women accusing him of sexual assault. I don't have an opinion on whether there should be an investigation. Of course, I didn't "call for an investigation" of the allegations against Trump in '16 either.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Apr 17th 2020 at 3:43 am.
Old Apr 17th 2020, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnwoo
I got my cheque yesterday, and I don't really need it, I wonder how many people like me are getting money the don't need. I'd rather that money went to those in need, illegal or otherwise.
It's not for your benefit, you're supposed to go out and spend it in order to help prop up the capitalist house of cards.
Old Apr 17th 2020, 5:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

If Biden wins I don't expect him to retire after one term unless he is trailing badly in the polls circa 2023. If he will run at age 78, why wouldn't he run again at 82 especially if he's already got the job? ...
I thought I heard him make a specific commitment that he would only be a 4 year (1 term) president.
Old Apr 17th 2020, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I thought I heard him make a specific commitment that he would only be a 4 year (1 term) president.
There was some speculation that he tried to wink-and-nod telegraph that to some aides, and then some media outlets took that as a concrete report and reported it as such. But he and his campaign issued a full denial:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...ledge-n1099766
Old Apr 17th 2020, 6:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

My sister voted for Trump in the last election, today she posted this.

Why did I ever vote for this moron, I am sorry to everyone.

She is radical religious republican and I was shocked she is supporting Biden, like shocked.
Old Apr 17th 2020, 6:06 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
My sister voted for Trump in the last election, today she posted this.

Why did I ever vote for this moron, I am sorry to everyone.

She is radical religious republican and I was shocked she is supporting Biden, like shocked.
That's one who's come over from the dark side
Old Apr 17th 2020, 6:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
That's one who's come over from the dark side
All I can say is hell must have frozen over.

Interesting though how we both turned out, she is general far right, and I am left, US democrats don't really even align with my stance but the closest option, we grew up in the same house, same parents but turned out so differently.
Old Apr 17th 2020, 6:10 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
All I can say is hell must have frozen over.

Interesting though how we both turned out, she is general far right, and I am left, US democrats don't really even align with my stance but the closest option, we grew up in the same house, same parents but turned out so differently.
In my book you turned out so much better than your sister
Old Apr 17th 2020, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
It's not for your benefit, you're supposed to go out and spend it in order to help prop up the capitalist house of cards.
I'm not a big spender at the best of times. That's why I don't need hand outs. I'd rather pass it onto somebody that's struggling to just get by.
Old Apr 17th 2020, 10:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a big spender at the best of times. That's why I don't need hand outs. I'd rather pass it onto somebody that's struggling to just get by.
Pass it on then. Make someone's or multiple someone's day.
Old Apr 17th 2020, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Pass it on then. Make someone's or multiple someone's day.
Yeah. I don't understand what the problem here is. Donate it to charity if he doesn't want it.
Old Apr 17th 2020, 11:42 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

We don't strictly speaking 'need' the $2400 that we got. We are both 'essential' and are still working and making our bills just fine, but I'm not giving it away - I'm going to put it on the mortgage. That's 2 payments less we'll have to make

I suppose threes an argument to invest it and let it make more money long term, but I'd rather pay down our personal debt.
Old Apr 17th 2020, 4:12 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
And 150 MILLION Americans died in gun violence in the last 5 years didn't they? That is what Biden said then he corrected himself to the figure of 150k
We need to find the oranges, the oranges, the oranges of those figures.
Old Apr 17th 2020, 4:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Why not do so then ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.