2020 Election

Old Feb 21st 2019, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by Rete
Is this the one that advocates no cars, buses, trains, planes, etc. so that the environment can be saved? There are other things that hubby loves to tell me about her and her ideology that makes him hysterical with laughter.
Sounds like your husband's been watching too much Fox News.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 8:33 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Short memory me thinks.
Methinks not.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Short memory me thinks.
Not really. He declared in June 2015 and from that point on your argument has some substance.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 10:05 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Not really. He declared in June 2015 and from that point on your argument has some substance.
Yeah, that's my thinking - 2014 is quite different than 2015. Even then, how many took him seriously from the very moment he declared?

Last edited by Leslie; Feb 21st 2019 at 11:54 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 10:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Didn't AOC have a hand in getting Amazon out of NY?
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 12:04 am
WTF?

Is this the one that advocates no cars, buses, trains, planes, etc. so that the environment can be saved? There are other things that hubby loves to tell me about her and her ideology that makes him hysterical with laughter.
Yes, I believe we're talking about the same person. FTR I'm pretty sure she likes trains. I have no firsthand knowledge of that but there's a thread about her in TIO where they really get completely obsessed with trains so I'm going with that.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 12:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Leslie
Yes, I believe we're talking about the same person. FTR I'm pretty sure she likes trains. I have no firsthand knowledge of that but there's a thread about her in TIO where they really get completely obsessed with trains so I'm going with that.
High Speed Trains
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 12:17 am
WTF?

Incidentally, the rumor in Texas is that there is a Biden/Beto coalition.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

You have to be a little strange to run for president, even under the best circumstances. Of course, some people run never expecting to win. They just need a job and attention for whatever tat they're trying to sell. Mike Huckabee did it for over a decade. Unfortunately, there is always the risk that one of them might accidentally win and end up being the worst president in the history of the country.
Be worst than the present holder off the office , I should imagine that's near nigh impossible.
With all due respect.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 10:58 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Incidentally, the rumor in Texas is that there is a Biden/Beto coalition.
When will the old white men give it up? I would rather see that potential ticket reversed.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 2:25 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by civilservant
When will the old white men give it up? I would rather see that potential ticket reversed.
I think the answer is NEVER.

It's a bit premature to be choosing a VP when Biden hasn't even declared he's going to run. The Beto/Biden story has hit the national media but I first heard it a couple of weeks ago from a hardcore Beto supporter. Obama and Biden have both courted Beto but it's unclear whether he's interested in any coalition. Beto told Obama to stay out of his senate race --- he didn't want his endorsement. If they are trying to keep Beto from running, because they see him as the greatest threat to Biden's core constituency, then what happens to Beto if Biden doesn't receive the nomination? He will have missed his chance to perform on the national stage. The only way any of this works is if Beto honestly and truly has no interest in running for president.

Incidentally, I'm not comfortable with all of this talk about what color or gender the next Democratic candidate is meant to be. It contradicts the notion of an organic choice made by the voters and puts the situation back into 2016/Hillary territory. People don't like being told who they're supposed to vote for. Let them all run and keep the party machine out of the way.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 2:29 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that everyone should run and the chips fall where they may. I don't get to pick the nominee, but I don't get to pick who I vote for in the primary (should I be a USC by then and if I chose to register)

I think that this is probably the only shot that Beto is going to get. I don't see him beating Cornyn if he runs against him in the other Texas Senate race, and after that where does he go? He becomes irrelevant.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 3:35 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by civilservant
I agree that everyone should run and the chips fall where they may. I don't get to pick the nominee, but I don't get to pick who I vote for in the primary (should I be a USC by then and if I chose to register)

I think that this is probably the only shot that Beto is going to get. I don't see him beating Cornyn if he runs against him in the other Texas Senate race, and after that where does he go? He becomes irrelevant.
I don't get to vote in the primary because, in Texas, you have to be registered as a Dem/Repub to participate.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 3:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get to vote in the primary because, in Texas, you have to be registered as a Dem/Repub to participate.
Thought that was the norm in all of the states. It is down here in MS and it certainly that in the State of New York. One of the very reasons why I no longer subscribe to a party line plus the fact I never vote a party line anyway.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 3:59 pm
WTF?

Thought that was the norm in all of the states. It is down here in MS and it certainly that in the State of New York. One of the very reasons why I no longer subscribe to a party line plus the fact I never vote a party line anyway.
No, I don't think it's the same everywhere. Now I'm wondering if I'm right about not being able to vote in Texas' primaries?

http://www.ncsl.org/research/electio...ary-types.aspx

From the website:

Open Primaries

In general, but not always, states that do not ask voters to choose parties on the voter registration form are “open primary” states. In an open primary, voters may choose privately in which primary to vote. In other words, voters may choose which party’s ballot to vote, but this decision is private and does not register the voter with that party. This permits a voter to cast a vote across party lines for the primary election. Critics argue that the open primary dilutes the parties’ ability to nominate. Supporters say this system gives voters maximal flexibility—allowing them to cross party lines—and maintains their privacy.

OPEN PRIMARY STATES
Alabama
Michigan
Montana
VermontArkansas
Minnesota
North Dakota
VirginiaGeorgia
Mississippi
South Carolina
WisconsinHawaii
Missouri
Texas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.