2020 Election

Old Dec 10th 2019, 6:18 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by zargof
Here's the thing. What makes you think Americans like the current system. They're already "forced" into what healthcare they have by their employer. There is no real choice. This image of rugged individualism is nonsense. We already know how much you love your Medicare "forced" on you by Big Government.
Plenty of polls already taken point to the fact that a significant number of Americans like their current medical plans and there's no reason that common sense should not prevail and a plan for the uninsured worked out in Congress. The choice of private insurance is an option in Britain. Why not here? I presume that the US is still a democracy also. Medicare for All would be an uphill battle right from the start. It would be kicked around and debated in Congress and the Senate for a very long period of time. Batteries of lawyers hired by the private Insurance companies would be filing lawsuits also which would take up ages to be heard and there would a hostile voter bloc who support keeping their current insurance. This is America 2020 not Britain 1946 when passing the NHS into law and a population of 60 million most without any kind of health plan was a relatively straight forward affair.

If Warren as someone said is now okay with private insurance in addition to Med for All this indicates that she's got the message

Last edited by dc koop; Dec 10th 2019 at 6:23 pm.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 6:53 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnwoo
Depends where ones priorities lie. People that put food on the table, wipe your ass when your in the nursing home. take care of essential service as menial as they maybe. Or those that work for Facebook,Twitter, Instagram and the rest. All of which we could well do without.
I put more value on those working in the fields than I do Mark Zuckerberg.
Spare me I'm a working class boy pulled myself up by my bootstraps. Your nothing special.
Yeah well in the real world, like it or not people are attracted to the things that make life pleasurable. A person is quite happy to spend around 100 dollars for a day at Disneyland but would walk by a homeless person in the street without giving that person a thought. That's the way it is plain and simple. You wont change human nature. That's why it's an imperfect world, always has been always will be.

Poor Mexican immigrants have been coming here for generations. Most probably worked in the fields for a pittance but more than they would have earned in Mexico. As their kids grew up and then their grandkids grew up they integrated into America and became far removed from their humble beginnings. The Japanese-Americans in California were another example . Prior to WW2 many worked as gardeners and housemaids then were interred in camps. You wont find very many of their grand kids doing that kind of work today. They moved up. The refugees from Vietnam, another example.. This is the cycle of the way things have worked for immigrants from the poorer countries who have little knowledge of the language and no skills to offer. You get paid on what society sees as relative to the value. I'm done with this
Old Dec 10th 2019, 7:07 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I am not sure many realise what Medicare4All means, not scientific but my impression is that most think it will be free it like Medicaid, what does Medicare cost for most currently, $600 pm nby the time you have bought the extras and of course Medicare does not cover everything.
M4A will be free in the same way Medicaid is. Free at the point of service and paid for by taxes.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 7:12 pm
Banned

What does this mean? Clinton lost in 2008, your boy Biden lost twice. Total non sequitur.

This is not true, stop lying. If you really think this is true, then prove it. But I'll tell you, you won't find any polls that back up this baseless assertion.

Oh FFS you get worse and worse with your cluelessness. Bernie's campaign slogan is "Not Me. Us." It's all about building a movement, which he started in his last Presidential run and is continuing to build now. Now you can argue that it may not be effective, but stop with this ignorant nonsense about him being a Messiah.

Based on what? Try taking away social security and medicare. See how libertarian Americans are then. Cut the police and fire departments, see how that goes. What flavour of boot is your favourite? You really have no idea of the struggles of average Americans

You say cutting the military is a bad thing, give me a break. They added something like an extra $100M to the military budget last year, more than enough to pay for free college for everyone. But no-one ever asked who to pay for the military. Damn right the military should be cut. Stop giving all this defense contractors massive profits.

You're a Republican, why do you think you know what is best for the Democratic party? It's very clear you have no idea.

For a start then let the European Union take care of it's military defences and the US bring it's military forces home. That would save a bundle
Old Dec 10th 2019, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

I've just unsubscribed from this thread. Do the posts really have to be so bitter and vicious? I wonder how many peaceful types are put off by them. Does the Trailer Park really have to be a TIO Mark 2? Mods - why the hell are you condoning this by your inaction? Sigh...
Old Dec 10th 2019, 7:18 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
I've just unsubscribed from this thread. Do the posts really have to be so bitter and vicious? I wonder how many peaceful types are put off by them. Does the Trailer Park really have to be a TIO Mark 2? Mods - why the hell are you condoning this by your inaction? Sigh...
Meh ... I think these things are self regulating in a sense. You’ll notice, going back several pages in the thread, that most civil, rational posters have simply voted with their feet.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 7:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Mods - why the hell are you condoning this by your inaction? Sigh...
We’re brilliant (obvs), but we’re not psychic.

We all have jobs/families/lives/dogs to walk/freezers to defrost. We don’t read every thread.

Yours is the only post on this thread that’s been reported, which is what’s brought me here. But I’m not going to trawl the thread reading every post to see which ones you may be talking about, so please if you have any issues with posts, just use the report button - that is what it’s there for! Mods will then take action on any posts that break site rules.

Thx.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 10th 2019 at 8:04 pm.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 7:55 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 10th 2019, 8:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

*SIGH* you know what to do...hit the report post button...but no you would rather throw a hissy fit.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 9:06 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Speaking of bitter and vicious.

Old Dec 10th 2019, 10:00 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

...Comes running in looking for bitter and vicious... Wanders out again because it's not here. It's just people on opposite sides of the political fence having a discussion......Back to making breakfast for 11 cats and kittens....
Old Dec 10th 2019, 10:01 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of bitter and vicious.

You rang?
Old Dec 11th 2019, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

I've enjoyed many $100+ days in Disney and given money to Homeless people I walk past in the street. Granted, there was a time last year when it turned out it was just a worker from the restaurant over the road taking a coffee break and sitting in the doorway.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

nain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
........ Many people become wealthy through their acquisition of knowledge in a certain profession and in their efforts to project their learning and skills towards marketing those skills to the benefit of others and of course to themselves and why the hell not? It involves hard work and sacrifice on the way there though

Others remain poor because they are either unable to or don't bother to learn a skill that would pay much better..........
......And many, many people have the good fortune to be born to wealthy families and become trust fund babies. They spend their life after getting (ahem) "Gentlemen's C's" from the Ivy League college their father's checkbooks bought them into, going from dinner party to beach party, never having to worry if they can pay the costs of ordinary living or of a sudden serious illness. They don't work hard and they don't sacrifice.

Others don't become rich and remain poor, not because they are not willing to work hard or sacrifice (Many, maybe most, are working 65+ work weeks) but because they don't have a chance to break out of their circumstances. You can only "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" if you have bootstraps; if you are shoe-less you work to just to be able to live day-to-day.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 4:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

M4A will be free in the same way Medicaid is. Free at the point of service and paid for by taxes.
Hadn't thought of this aspect before; so currently my g/f is paying $2-300 / mo for her medicare plan. Are you saying that all the current medicare recipients (the 'over 65') will start getting the same service for free? I guess that makes logical sense.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.