2020 Election

Old Nov 9th 2020, 3:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
He did back in 2016 or within that time frame.

Now Andrew Scheer, the former Canadian conservative leader, was going to renounce his USC, but then after his party didn't win enough seats to form government and he was no longer going to be leader of the party, he decided to keep his USC in the end.
Yes, I found it. 2014 it was. Canada is very grateful for that. What pissed me off most was that he lied about not knowing he was Canadian. F'ng arsewipe.

"Cruz has said that when he was a child, his mother told him that she would have to make an affirmative act to claim Canadian citizenship for him, so his family assumed that he did not hold Canadian citizenship." Total horse crap. His mother would have had to file with a U.S. Consulate a certificate of live birth to obtain U.S. citizenship for him. His father was a naturalized Canadian citizen, so lying Ted was Canadian at birth.

Last edited by dakota44; Nov 9th 2020 at 3:06 am.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 3:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
Yes, I found it. 2014 it was. Canada is very grateful for that.
Yep. No worries about him coming back thankfully.

I wasn't too far off then, its hard keeping all the dates straight.....
Old Nov 9th 2020, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Yep. No worries about him coming back thankfully.

I wasn't too far off then, its hard keeping all the dates straight.....
True that.

"Cruz has said that when he was a child, his mother told him that she would have to make an affirmative act to claim Canadian citizenship for him, so his family assumed that he did not hold Canadian citizenship." Total horse crap. His mother would have had to file with a U.S. Consulate a certificate of live birth to obtain U.S. citizenship for him. His father was a naturalized Canadian citizen, so lying Ted was Canadian at birth.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 3:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

That is pretty close to real numbers. No way Trump is going to suddenly get 60% of the votes remaining.
By my calcs, the current margin (17k) is less than 0.5% of the total (3,270,343 @98%). The automatic recount threshold for AZ is ... 0.1% according to https://ballotpedia.org/Recount_laws_in_Arizona so 0.5% is still well above 0.1% so it looks like we are way outside of recount territory. Interestingly, the site referenced says no one can 'request' a recount - only the auto recount triggered by the 0.1% threshold can cause a recount. Not sure how that affects Trump's team; perhaps a proven allegation of fraud could trigger it.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 3:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Steerpike
By my calcs, the current margin (17k) is less than 0.5% of the total (3,270,343 @98%). The automatic recount threshold for AZ is ... 0.1% according to https://ballotpedia.org/Recount_laws_in_Arizona so 0.5% is still well above 0.1% so it looks like we are way outside of recount territory. Interestingly, the site referenced says no one can 'request' a recount - only the auto recount triggered by the 0.1% threshold can cause a recount. Not sure how that affects Trump's team; perhaps a proven allegation of fraud could trigger it.

The only fraud is Trumps team of liars.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 4:03 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious...why is AZ different? Why are the late counted ballots consistently favouring Trump? I don't think we've seen that trend anywhere else?
Old Nov 9th 2020, 4:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Just curious...why is AZ different? Why are the late counted ballots consistently favouring Trump? I don't think we've seen that trend anywhere else?
Good question and not entirely sure. AZ has historically voted R. According to https://www.270towin.com/states/Arizona ... "Except for Bill Clinton’s win in 1996, Arizona has voted Republican since 1952". So this is a BIG DEAL (and is happening in part because Trump bad-mouthed native son John McCain relentlessly). The biggest county, where the vast majority of votes are coming from (and most people live) is a traditionally right-wing county (Maricopa County). Maricopa County is a big county, and while Phoenix is a big city in that county (and trends Dem), many of the other cities are quite conservative and some are predominantly Mormon. Most of the votes post Nov 3 (mail-in) were trending only slightly Biden's way, and only in the very last few days have they trended Trump. I believe the very last batch are the provisional ballots, which are those that were rejected or mis-cast (wrong precinct, etc) and required extra review, or similar. So I think, if you look at the variability of AZ's vote since Nov 3, it hasn't fluctuated much by comparison to most of the other swing states. I've been watching it like a hawk as I am registered to vote there, but I didn't tabulate the numbers each day.

Last edited by Steerpike; Nov 9th 2020 at 4:18 am.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 4:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I just posted this over on the EU Referendum thread but it really belongs here, for discussion.

The very serious observation we all need to come to grips with is that MORE people voted for Trump this time around than they did in 2016, and in that election, they were partly fueled by their hatred of Hillary.

In 2016, Hillary hatred drove 62.9 M people to vote for him. So far this time around, with all we know about him, he got 71.1 M people to vote for him. So that's 8.2 M MORE people this time around. That is a 13% increase! Get your head around that.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 5:13 am
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I just posted this over on the EU Referendum thread but it really belongs here, for discussion.

The very serious observation we all need to come to grips with is that MORE people voted for Trump this time around than they did in 2016, and in that election, they were partly fueled by their hatred of Hillary.

In 2016, Hillary hatred drove 62.9 M people to vote for him. So far this time around, with all we know about him, he got 71.1 M people to vote for him. So that's 8.2 M MORE people this time around. That is a 13% increase! Get your head around that.
Well voter turn out was higher this time around so you can probably assume those 8.2M would've voted for him last time too but they were just too lazy/young to vote. I doubt many of them were anti-Trump in the last election but convinced by his performance this time around.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

He pumped them up for 4 years. Fed them red meat. Fed them lies and fear. Not surprising more of them came out this year. Do not overlook the fact that a lot more came out for Biden than did Clinton. She got 65,853,516. Biden, so far, has about 75,404,000. So Biden got 9,550,484 more than Clinton. So the Dems had a significantly greater increase than Trump, and that is because they preached hope.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 5:24 am
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

You also have to allow for the fact that people are plain stupid, the amount of people around here worried about Biden's tax plan is crazy, especially when I'd be surprised if any of them earn 40K let alone 400K.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 5:35 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Russian opposition figure Alex Navalny has congratulated Biden, but Putin still has not.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 6:45 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
You also have to allow for the fact that people are plain stupid, the amount of people around here worried about Biden's tax plan is crazy, especially when I'd be surprised if any of them earn 40K let alone 400K.
I've never met anyone more scared of paying taxes than the Americans. Don't even waste your time trying to explain what a marginal tax rate is, but feel free to remind them the highest top tax rate in US history was 92%, under Eisenhower. So if they really do want to go back to the 1950s, they need to make sure that understand what that means.

Originally Posted by caretaker
Russian opposition figure Alex Navalny has congratulated Biden, but Putin still has not.
Well, since he obviously rigged this election, he doesn't want to make it look too obvious
Old Nov 9th 2020, 11:15 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

He pumped them up for 4 years. Fed them red meat. Fed them lies and fear. Not surprising more of them came out this year. Do not overlook the fact that a lot more came out for Biden than did Clinton. She got 65,853,516. Biden, so far, has about 75,404,000. So Biden got 9,550,484 more than Clinton. So the Dems had a significantly greater increase than Trump, and that is because they preached hope.
I can't help feeling that the Dem turnout was more about desperation to get rid of Trump than about the Dem platform, as such. The increase in Trump's vote is more than worrying in terms of the state of mind of 70 million people and what it will mean in 2 and 4 years. Repubs did well locally too, and I'd be worried about a highly reactionary but articulate and personable right wing presidential candidate who isn't actually unhinged being groomed for the Repubs, following four rather lacklustre years of Biden who is likely to be prevented from doing much anyway by the Senate. Of course there is always hope that the young Dem progressives will be able to provide alternatives, but I suspect they need 8 years to make real progress, rather than 4.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

HDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the very last batch are the provisional ballots, which are those that were rejected or mis-cast (wrong precinct, etc) and required extra review, or similar. So I think, if you look at the variability of AZ's vote since Nov 3, it hasn't fluctuated much by comparison to most of the other swing states. I've been watching it like a hawk as I am registered to vote there, but I didn't tabulate the numbers each day.
I wonder what percentage of provisional ballots will not be counted (people showed up to vote who were not legally registered to vote, but still cast a provisional ballot). I think it can be quite large in some cases.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.