2020 Election

Old Nov 9th 2020, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
The garden center thing still puzzles me.
Just think of that puzzlement as a good thing, it means your brain is functioning fairly well...
Old Nov 9th 2020, 12:32 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That’s what I thought...Biden’s victory isn’t official yet. Seems odd to me that news networks are calling the shots. The US election process is a farce IMO. Not to mention the expense of the inauguration. What’s wrong with one in, one out, the same day like UK elections?

The new President will take office at the end of January. At the end of next year the run up to the 2024 election will begin.
They aren't really calling the shots. They are just reporting based on the inevitability of the maths. They aren't providing the final counts, because they don't know them obviously. They call it when there is no longer a mathematical path to victory for one of the candidates. There is a lot of voter suppression that still happens, and a lot of disconnection from the political process so that, with the exception of this year, turnout is generally pretty low. But the actual mechanisms are pretty sound and the vote is well-protected once cast. Over 140 million votes have been processed in just a few days. Pretty good going.

The whole show and giant inauguration ceremony is to do with being a Republic and the elections being bound up with the US myth, imo, in a way that an election in the UK never will be. Not much of the UK's self identity is bound up with who is PM, but the identity of the US's president means a lot more to them. Hence the inauguration is more like our trooping the colour or something.

The amount of money spent on it by the candidates is obscene, however.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 12:36 am
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
Well done for sure. The same goes in some other states as well. The hope is that it will be a lasting effect.
Thanks

That amount of canvassing is definitely better suited for younger legs. I feel like my wife & I walked 1000 miles knocking on doors. Instead my walk pedometer says we walked about 400 miles and boy do we feel it. We both actually lost weight in that two month period.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 12:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
The garden center thing still puzzles me.

Look at it this way. Their campaign had turned to shit. Shit is fertilizer. Ergo...Garden Center...very appropriate for a shit show.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of shit, has anyone noticed how Ted Cruz is starting to look like Don Jr? Does your DNA get infected if you shove your nose up someone's arsehole for four years?
Old Nov 9th 2020, 1:01 am
Just Joined

Maya1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Biden has said that he wants to lower the Medicare age from 65 to 60. With the results of Congress and the Senate, how likely is this to happen?
Old Nov 9th 2020, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Maya1000
Biden has said that he wants to lower the Medicare age from 65 to 60. With the results of Congress and the Senate, how likely is this to happen?
There's a greater chance of me becoming the KKK's next Grand Vizier, with Sultan as my number two.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maya1000
We will not have the full results of the Senate until after the runoffs in Georgia are counted. If both go blue, which is highly possible, Senate control will be in the hands of the Dems.

Last edited by dakota44; Nov 9th 2020 at 1:18 am.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

HDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
AZ just updated the counts. 3,000 votes added, and a miniscule net increase for Biden!

They are at circa 97% counted, and that suggests about 100k votes to go. Biden ahead by 20k. So Trump would need to get over 60% of all remaining votes counted, if my math is right. The '97%' number is probably a bit suspect though.

I think it's vital that AZ goes Biden, because I know the AZ voting system is very unfavorable to democrats (no grace period on ballots, etc). And they've been majority mail-in for years. And they have a Rep Governor, and Rep State legislature. So the chances of finding any 'fraud' is miniscule. With AZ and NV, they don't need PA and GA!
This is kind of fascinating; Biden might win Arizona by 1,000 votes or something. I feel bad for the Fox News analyst who called Arizona for Biden late Tuesday night. I guess they were assuming mail-in ballots were going to be majority Democratic like most of the country, whereas in Maricopa County they are still leaning Trump?
Old Nov 9th 2020, 1:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

That’s what I thought...Biden’s victory isn’t official yet. Seems odd to me that news networks are calling the shots. The US election process is a farce IMO. Not to mention the expense of the inauguration. What’s wrong with one in, one out, the same day like UK elections?

The new President will take office at the end of January. At the end of next year the run up to the 2024 election will begin.
The next significant step may be the approval by the GSA for the Biden campaign to access resources required to effect the transition. This article covers it:
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...den-win-435203

Pressure mounts on federal agency to affirm Biden victory

"Until the General Services Administration determines Biden is the president-elect, his transition team cannot access government funds or communicate with federal agencies."

"
“While there will be legal disputes requiring adjudication, the outcome is sufficiently clear that the transition process must now begin,” the nonpartisan Center for Presidential Transition wrote in a letter exclusively obtained by POLITICO"

Old Nov 9th 2020, 2:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Would be nice if they didn't need fancy inauguration and if it could be done sooner, but the system just isn't set up that way, and would require constitutional amendments to change, and good luck with that.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Nov 9th 2020 at 2:07 am.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 2:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HDWill
This is kind of fascinating; Biden might win Arizona by 1,000 votes or something. I feel bad for the Fox News analyst who called Arizona for Biden late Tuesday night. I guess they were assuming mail-in ballots were going to be majority Democratic like most of the country, whereas in Maricopa County they are still leaning Trump?
Another 27,000 votes have now been counted since my earlier update, and now the margin is down to 17,000. By my calculations, Trump would now need to win 64% of all remaining ballots to win. I calculate about 66k votes remain to be counted. In other words ...
66,000 votes remain to be counted. Of these 66k votes, just over
42,000 needed by Trump to win;
only just over
24,000 needed by Biden to hold on.

Associated Press have now called AZ for Biden.
New York Times is now the LAST mainstream organization that I'm aware of who have NOT called AZ yet!

Note - my number of 66,000 votes remaining is based on the fact that we are told 98% of votes are counted, and thus 2% remain. These are probably shady figures ('2%' could be 1.6%, 2.0%, 2.4% ...)

Last edited by Steerpike; Nov 9th 2020 at 3:01 am.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 2:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Another 27,000 votes have now been counted since my earlier update, and now the margin is down to 17,000. By my calculations, Trump would now need to win 64% of all remaining ballots to win. I calculate about 66k votes remain to be counted. In other words ...
66,000 votes remain to be counted. Of these 66k votes, just over
42,000 needed by Trump to win;
only just over
26,000 needed by Biden to hold on.

Associated Press have now called AZ for Biden.
New York Times is now the LAST mainstream organization that I'm aware of who have NOT called AZ yet!

Note - my number of 66,000 votes remaining is based on the fact that we are told 98% of votes are counted, and thus 2% remain. These are probably shady figures ('2%' could be 1.6%, 2.0%, 2.4% ...)
That is pretty close to real numbers. No way Trump is going to suddenly get 60% of the votes remaining.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 2:42 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Speaking of shit, has anyone noticed how Ted Cruz is starting to look like Don Jr? Does your DNA get infected if you shove your nose up someone's arsehole for four years?
Ted Cruz started out as shit.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 2:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
Did that shit ever actually surrender his Canadian citizenship?

He did back in 2016 or within that time frame.

Now Andrew Scheer, the former Canadian conservative leader, was going to renounce his USC, but then after his party didn't win enough seats to form government and he was no longer going to be leader of the party, he decided to keep his USC in the end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.