2020 Election

Old Oct 15th 2020, 8:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by civilservant
Well I just cast my ballot as an early voter.

I don't mind telling you that that's one more vote that Trump will have to overcome to be reelected.

Flagged this as Marxist propaganda.

Congratulations is this your first vote as a USC?
Old Oct 15th 2020, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mind telling you that that's one more vote that Trump will have to overcome to be reelected.
Did you have crazy queues to contend with or are you ok because you're in a predominantly white county so the supervisors made sure there were plenty of booths? It was you that said the county has gone from 5 stations to just the one, right?
Old Oct 15th 2020, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phathamster
Flagged this as Marxist propaganda.

I popped my USC general election cherry last week, technically mine could be described as a grey gangbang as there were loads of old people all waiting to shove their doodahs in the magic slot...
Old Oct 15th 2020, 11:09 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Sworn in last May, so sure is!

Did you have crazy queues to contend with or are you ok because you're in a predominantly white county so the supervisors made sure there were plenty of booths?
Had to queue for about 10 minutes, nothing bad. My county is only 20,000 people but is indeed pretty white.
Old Oct 16th 2020, 12:11 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Civilisation needs you in Georgia, it's tight.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...neral/georgia/

I've voted in Illinois, but it won't make nearly as much difference as yours might.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...eral/illinois/
Old Oct 16th 2020, 4:42 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I am probably one of the few people on the planet who has never used Uber/lyft, AirBnB, Instacart, etc. Not one single app-based service. I'm totally not comfortable with AirBnB for the reasons you give (and more).
I love Airbnbs and have stayed in them in many countries. It's nice to be able to stay somewhere other than the tourist areas, and interacting with local people as you do your grocery shopping and walk the streets is lovely. As long as the accommodation is properly registered with the relevant authorities I don't see the objection?
Old Oct 16th 2020, 5:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

AirBnB is a booking system not a type of property. Local Hotel was listed on Airn for a while as well as the others.
Old Oct 16th 2020, 5:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I love Airbnbs and have stayed in them in many countries. It's nice to be able to stay somewhere other than the tourist areas, and interacting with local people as you do your grocery shopping and walk the streets is lovely. As long as the accommodation is properly registered with the relevant authorities I don't see the objection?
I have a personal objection, and a more general objection. The personal objection is based on the experience of friends who have ended up in 'questionable' locations, and 'questionable' accommodations. But my much bigger objection is that they are bringing 'high turnover' visitors into residential areas, and they don't have to abide by the same rules as hotels (which must accommodate the disabled, etc). My development has passed rules against 'short term' visitors specifically to block AirBNB users; you cannot rent a property for less than 30 days; something that is quite hard to enforce.
Old Oct 16th 2020, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
AirBnB is a booking system not a type of property. Local Hotel was listed on Airn for a while as well as the others.
Technically correct, but would you agree that more than 90% of properties are private dwellings? Probably 99%?
Old Oct 16th 2020, 6:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Civilisation needs you in Georgia, it's tight.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...neral/georgia/

I've voted in Illinois, but it won't make nearly as much difference as yours might.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...eral/illinois/

If Biden can get over the line in Georgia, you have to assume Trump is in for a bit of a kicking.

Some interesting news articles out lately that apply the polling discrepancies of 2016 to this years polling data. So they have applied the percentage amount the polls where out in several states last year to this years data, it shows Trump is still some way behind even allowing for them to be wrong in 2020
Old Oct 16th 2020, 7:56 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I have a personal objection, and a more general objection. The personal objection is based on the experience of friends who have ended up in 'questionable' locations, and 'questionable' accommodations. But my much bigger objection is that they are bringing 'high turnover' visitors into residential areas, and they don't have to abide by the same rules as hotels (which must accommodate the disabled, etc). My development has passed rules against 'short term' visitors specifically to block AirBNB users; you cannot rent a property for less than 30 days; something that is quite hard to enforce.
The local authorities shouldn't licence them if they don't comply with the same rules that govern all short-stay accommodation. I wouldn't consider renting any accommodation that wasn't licenced.

I just did a rough count, we've had stays at 17 Airbnb apartments, every one was fantastic. Still, horses for courses!
Old Oct 16th 2020, 8:00 am
Concierge

Savannah Guthrie did a great job with holding Trump accountable, both by insisting he actually answer questions and by fact-checking his ridiculous lies. The pussy grabber didn't much like being grabbed by the town halls.
Old Oct 16th 2020, 11:17 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phathamster
If Biden can get over the line in Georgia, you have to assume Trump is in for a bit of a kicking.

Some interesting news articles out lately that apply the polling discrepancies of 2016 to this years polling data. So they have applied the percentage amount the polls where out in several states last year to this years data, it shows Trump is still some way behind even allowing for them to be wrong in 2020
We can but hope, and he can go back to his ghost-written book deal or whatever and deal with his bankruptcy and tax lawyers.
Old Oct 16th 2020, 12:01 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

It was kind of funny actually, I had a brief conversation with a poll worker while I was there. I commented that I didn't expect it to be so busy on a Thursday afternoon at 2pm, and she said they had been busy every day since early voting opened on Monday.

I said that I hoped that was a good thing, and she agreed that it was and 'hoped for the right outcome'

Since she was a 60/70-something white women, living in rural GA, I assume her definition of 'the right outcome' and mine are somewhat in disagreement
Old Oct 16th 2020, 2:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Technically correct, but would you agree that more than 90% of properties are private dwellings? Probably 99%?
Well I know my area reasonably well, most are second homes, some owned by an individual, some owned through LLC's. The two nearest me ar owned by an investor, he also has a LTR.

I know 2 people who are min STR management, and 2 who clean them. One of them cleans for a Denver Lady who has a whole host of Tiny Houses. Near the resorts the LTR market has shifted to STR, people certainly buy second homes with the expectation that renting STR will make of free to them.

A friend did a photoshoot of 3 AirBnB's in Breckenridge. 3 houses, ski run proximate, even in the off season they are $1,000's a night. Apparently 3 guys went into together and own them.

Very little mom and pop shared housing, still exists but obviously that would not be enough to justify a fraction of the valuation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.