2020 Election

Old Oct 4th 2020, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I thought zinc was useful if taken when the first signs of a cold present, but should not be taken as a long term, every day supplement.
From my very limited understanding, there's zinc as a dietary supplement and zinc as a throat lozenge. The latter is taken at the first sign of a cold and has a localized effect in the nasal cavity. Not sure what the former option is for, but may be different in it's purpose / intent?
Old Oct 4th 2020, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
The husband takes a mega dose of Magnesium to help prevent cramp. It works better when taken with Zinc.
Interesting. I also do the same for heat cramps, thanks to the brutal Florida summers I just can't get enough water down my neck, have to try it with the zinc next time it warms up as there are still some days with rotten muscle cramps - and then a half pint glass of pickle juice is thrust in my hand with orders to down it.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

BennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
From my very limited understanding, there's zinc as a dietary supplement and zinc as a throat lozenge. The latter is taken at the first sign of a cold and has a localized effect in the nasal cavity. Not sure what the former option is for, but may be different in it's purpose / intent?
Agree with JerseyGirl. At first sign of a cold we’ve always taken zinc and vitamin C capsules. You have to take it early. That was a recommendation by a nurse some twenty years ago. It seemed to work for her and works for us.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 12:37 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
The husband's Oncologist was the one who told him to take both for best results.
I've worked with a nutritionist since having my immune system completely wiped out in 2018/2019 by blood loss and several rounds of transfusions. I'm not taking heavy doses of zinc, just more than I did before covid (which was none), and my doctor signs off on everything. I'm constantly exposed to people in confined quarters so I want to have a good immune system BEFORE I get infected with anything. Since February, most healthcare workers I know are very conscious of their immune system (because we have nothing else to protect us) and, at the very least, are doing high doses of C.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 4:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Interesting. I also do the same for heat cramps, thanks to the brutal Florida summers I just can't get enough water down my neck, have to try it with the zinc next time it warms up as there are still some days with rotten muscle cramps - and then a half pint glass of pickle juice is thrust in my hand with orders to down it.
Gatorade tastes much better than pickle juice...

Water alone isn't always enough in hot weather if your active. When I worked on the ramp in Phoenix loading planes, I found a bottle or 2 of gatorade during my shift in addition to water made a world of difference for me.

Old Oct 5th 2020, 2:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://BBC News - US election 2020: ...-2020-54396559

Interesting little graphic that shows how trump basically squeezed through in 2016.

The real question is can he do it again or are Americans motivated enough by Biden, to vote trump out?
Old Oct 5th 2020, 3:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Certainly Biden's to lose, I would use the COVID as an excuse to keep him out of the public eye and limits his appearances to friendly media.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 3:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Boiler
Certainly Biden's to lose, I would use the COVID as an excuse to keep him out of the public eye and limits his appearances to friendly media.

Thanks for that useless reply.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 3:06 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phathamster
Don't be too hard on Boiler, useless posts are the only kind he/she can make
Old Oct 5th 2020, 3:07 pm
Account Closed

My pleasure! always here to help.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 3:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Don't be too hard on Boiler, useless posts are the only kind he/she can make

I wouldn't mind if some substance was included as to why, but there are many many occasions when trump has misspoke, made a fool of himself.

Or when his foolish actions (like inability to social distance or use appropriate ppe in the middle of a pandemic) has got himself into an awkward place such as the Walter Reed hospital.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 3:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it a useless reply? I think the Dems would be sensible to do just that.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 3:37 pm
Account Closed

I wouldn't mind if some substance was included as to why, but there are many many occasions when trump has misspoke, made a fool of himself.

Or when his foolish actions (like inability to social distance or use appropriate ppe in the middle of a pandemic) has got himself into an awkward place such as the Walter Reed hospital.
Well he should never have been elected in the first place, Dems put forward such a horrible candidate and even then it was close.

Basically Biden just needs to keep his foot out of his mouth

Sad that these are the choices, difficult to see anything positive in the future.

Lets say Dems win all 3, well we know they will screw things up, and in 2 years they will no doubt lose the House and we have a new Resistance for the next 2 years.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 3:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Why is it a useless reply? I think the Dems would be sensible to do just that.

Originally Posted by Boiler
Well he should never have been elected in the first place, Dems put forward such a horrible candidate and even then it was close.

Basically Biden just needs to keep his foot out of his mouth

Sad that these are the choices, difficult to see anything positive in the future.

Lets say Dems win all 3, well we know they will screw things up, and in 2 years they will no doubt lose the House and we have a new Resistance for the next 2 years.

You were doing pretty well until the last paragraph , it could certainly happen the other way round.

Let's be honest whoever "wins" (it is a certainly the kind of election where whomever enthuses voters enough to bother will not lose rather than win) it certainly is going to be a bumpy road going forward, unemployment at high rate, struggling economy propped up by tech companies, a somewhat divided populace topped off with record levels of debt and books that will need balancing. Then the subject of potentially procuring a working vaccine to administer to 330million people...

​​​​​​

Old Oct 5th 2020, 3:54 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

The real question is can he do it again or are Americans motivated enough by Biden, to vote trump out?
I'm not even remotely motivated by Biden, I'm motivated by Trump to vote Biden. Policy wise I agree more with Howie Hawkins than either of the 2 main candidates and if Trump weren't up for election Biden wouldn't be getting my vote either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.