2020 Election

Old Sep 30th 2020, 10:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

What a disgrace, an absolute disgrace. America should hang her head in shame that one of these two will be POTUS.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 10:46 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
What a disgrace, an absolute disgrace. America should hang her head in shame that one of these two will be POTUS.
The best men!

One needs a straightjacket and the other a small paper cup of "meds", a spot at the Staring Window and weekly visits from grandchildren to remind them what their name is.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 10:58 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Of the analysis that I have read thus far, this is my favorite line:

Chris Wallace of Fox News, the moderator who often resembled an armadillo in the middle of a Texas highway.
and another:

Debating Donald Trump is like debating a chimpanzee: he is less likely to deliver a thoughtful and substantive answer than he is to throw his own feces at you.

Last edited by civilservant; Sep 30th 2020 at 11:07 am.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Of the analysis that I have read thus far, this is my favorite line:
Well as your upstairs neighbour I thought why not watch it on CNN as they don't seem to bash Trump or say nasty things about him. After the debacle I mean debate they had several guests giving their opinions and of course one came straight to the point and said Shit Show. Also panelists were watching their smart phones and getting messages, Mum do I need to buy a gun, I sat down with my 6th grade daughter and after 20 minutes she ran to her room crying.

Seriously who sits down with their 6th grader and thinks it would be a good idea to watch this? Now depending which State you live in do you need to buy a gun is optional and can you? And while I am sure there are many nice Mericans who post on this site what are we non Mericans supposed to do except suppress our laughter or hide our smiles thinking what has Merica become and is this the best you can offer to lead your country.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 11:19 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

what are we non Mericans supposed to do except suppress our laughter or hide our smiles thinking what has Merica become and is this the best you can offer to lead your country.
You'll find that a good percentage of us agree with you.

Although I think we would all appreciate you referring to it as 'America' and us as 'Americans' since your use of 'Merica' is essentially an ethnic stereotype.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Well as your upstairs neighbour I thought why not watch it on CNN as they don't seem to bash Trump or say nasty things about him. After the debacle I mean debate they had several guests giving their opinions and of course one came straight to the point and said Shit Show. Also panelists were watching their smart phones and getting messages, Mum do I need to buy a gun, I sat down with my 6th grade daughter and after 20 minutes she ran to her room crying.

Seriously who sits down with their 6th grader and thinks it would be a good idea to watch this? Now depending which State you live in do you need to buy a gun is optional and can you? And while I am sure there are many nice Mericans who post on this site what are we non Mericans supposed to do except suppress our laughter or hide our smiles thinking what has Merica become and is this the best you can offer to lead your country.
My missus was beyond unamused a few weeks ago when I asked her if it should be a rifle or a shotgun that I purchase.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

You'll find that a good percentage of us agree with you.

Although I think we would all appreciate you referring to it as 'America' and us as 'Americans' since your use of 'Merica' is essentially an ethnic stereotype.
Sorry I'm a Northerner and don't give a shit and don't get me talking about the poncey shandy drinkers who live in the Sarf of Ingerland etc etc. Does Murica also offend?
Old Sep 30th 2020, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I would think any objective person would agree such poor choices in this election. I watched debate, like watching a train wreck, bullying and name calling, by two candidates one of whom will be the next President. Maybe moderator should have ability to turn off the microphone in the future.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 11:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by morpeth
I would think any objective person would agree such poor choices in this election. I watched debate, like watching a train wreck, bullying and name calling, by two candidates one of whom will be the next President. Maybe moderator should have ability to turn off the microphone in the future.
And we still have 3 more to go though only 2 more of Trump & Biden.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 11:52 am
Often not so civil...

One wonders if the Biden campaign will use this shit show to pull the plug on the other 2 debates.

What exactly does Biden have to gain? Trump has already proved he isn't prepared to engage on the issues.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

One wonders if the Biden campaign will use this shit show to pull the plug on the other 2 debates.

What exactly does Biden have to gain? Trump has already proved he isn't prepared to engage on the issues.
The American public should be using last nights debacle to ensure the other 2 don't happen never mind the Biden campaign. If the Democrats did pull the plug then the Trumpsters would be calling him out as scared etc etc. Do we really want to submit viewers to another round of that and who in their right mind would want to moderate it? Now normally I don't do predictions but the Presidency is Bidens to lose after last night. I expect that when the votes are tallied he will have more votes than Trump but as we saw in 2016 having the larger number of votes doesn't mean you become President because of the Electoral College farce that determines who becomes President.

Sort of like the New York Yankees scoring 17 runs against the Red Sox 2 runs but Boston wins the game as they had less strike outs.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
The American public should be using last nights debacle to ensure the other 2 don't happen never mind the Biden campaign. If the Democrats did pull the plug then the Trumpsters would be calling him out as scared etc etc. Do we really want to submit viewers to another round of that and who in their right mind would want to moderate it? Now normally I don't do predictions but the Presidency is Bidens to lose after last night. I expect that when the votes are tallied he will have more votes than Trump but as we saw in 2016 having the larger number of votes doesn't mean you become President because of the Electoral College farce that determines who becomes President.

Sort of like the New York Yankees scoring 17 runs against the Red Sox 2 runs but Boston wins the game as they had less strike outs.
My impression is most voters have made up their minds, and more debates don't serve any purpose and just create or support existing animosities or increase them on both sides. While Trump was not pleasant in the debates with Hilary this time around just plain nasty, and Biden was clearly rattled. I didn't walk away with any better understanding of their proposed policies, just two grown men representing a Washington that is ill-suited to taking the country forward in the 21st century. The Libertarian candidate did give an interesting interview that America take Switzerland as a model to strive for, at least a new idea.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 12:26 pm
Often not so civil...

Switzerland? The ultimate non-interventionist?

That's not going to happen. American exceptionalism won't allow it.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Switzerland? The ultimate non-interventionist?

That's not going to happen. American exceptionalism won't allow it.
Yeah but how many Americans would agree to being paid 3500 a month minimum wage like people in Geneva will soon get

Geneva is to raise its minimum wage to almost £3,500 a month, reported to be the highest in the world

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ty-switzerland

Plus the Swiss make better chocolate bars.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen some things in the past, but that was a farce. Trump gets credit in 2016 for being given a path to the disenfranchised and running with it, using his persona to suggest he'd be the person to go shake it all up. It's been pretty obvious that he has little real interest in that and is just a nut job ever since, out to ensure his personal brand remains front and centre, hence why he finds himself so far behind. My short time living here has taught me that people will vote by colour even more so than I was used to in the UK, so he'll never dip below 40, but how on earth he thought last night would win some of the people at the edges of each party is beyond me - maybe that's the point. There is a very good argument to be had that winning this isn't really what he wants or needs. He'll probably get better exposure as a sour loser, although I'd be amazed if some of his tax shenanigans or financial exposure don't catch-up with him on the way out as well.

Overall, all he achieved last night, other than looking like a petulant four year old, was that the Democrats could have put up a cardboard cutout and win this, so long as it didn't carry a Hammer and Sickle. In fact, maybe just a cardboard cut out of an American Flag would beat Trump if he doesn't manage to beat himself up in the mean time.

Oh, and everyone "stand by" - what a fool/tool.

Still, as bad as it was, I watched it all and I only got 30 minutes into Tree of Life, so it's not the worst thing I have ever submitted my eyes to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.