2020 Election

Old Aug 11th 2020, 11:29 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
Biden's pick was obvious yet brilliant on many levels. As usual the GOP will do their typical gender attacks on VP candidate Harris and the response to those barbs will be the increase in support many people will give to the Biden/Harris ticket. The more they go low such as racist and gender attacks(which will happen) thrown at Harris the more anger that will create and galvanize voters in the base to get out and defeat Trump & Co. I'm even hearing from moderate republicans who are giving thumbs up to this vp pick. So let the attacks come and watch Trump and party pay a big price and further narrow their support.
A very strong pick to be honest. She will draw in the black voters away from Trump and his ally Kayne West

So America may get the oldest president it has ever had and depending upon what happens during Biden first or second term the first female president it has ever had.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 12:46 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MMcD
I, too, thought she'd be a great AG choice and wavered in thoughts about her suitability for VP.
But whenever I thought about repairing America's image around the world Harris immediately sprang to mind as a perfect VP choice...her Jamaican / Asian heritage should prove a real asset if Biden uses her strategically

that debate should be a corker
It will. Finally, someone with both intelligence and great oratory skills.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Well surprise surprise the liberal left of BE are happy
Old Aug 12th 2020, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
It will. Finally, someone with both intelligence and great oratory skills.
One out of four ain't bad, is it?
Old Aug 12th 2020, 3:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
I don't think she'd be the first choice of the liberal left, though, would she? I think she's a good pick because she may be able to counter the lunacy of the 'defund the police' crowd.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I don't think she'd be the first choice of the liberal left, though, would she? I think she's a good pick because she may be able to counter the lunacy of the 'defund the police' crowd.
Nah probably not the first choice.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 3:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Not even the tenth choice, me thinks. “Harris is a cop” has been a repeated refrain of the progressive wing, given her SF DA and CA AG experience.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Aug 12th 2020 at 4:04 am.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

I think she's a good pick because she may be able to counter the lunacy of the 'defund the police' crowd.
Speaking of countering the lunacy....

I wish someone would ask our Mt. Rushmore Wanna-Be, he who asserts he's "done more for Black people than any President ever, including Lincoln", to reconcile that claim with his calling the 1st Black woman to ever get to run on a Presidential ticket "Nasty", "Horrible", "Disrespectable" (is that even a word ? ), and "Mean".

It's clear who those words do describe. And it's not Kamala Harris !

Old Aug 12th 2020, 11:20 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think she's that liberal. She might have started off that way in the primary, and of course shes a CA Senator, but she's also been a prosecutor and AG of California.

I'm a centrist, and I am happy with the pick. She won't scare aware the moderates like Warren would have, has serious experience unlike Abrams or Lance-Bottoms, and is of course a black women which is apparently important to some people (I personally couldn't care less)

If a VP pick is first of all 'do no harm' I think she fits the bill.

to reconcile that claim with his calling the 1st Black woman to ever get to run on a Presidential ticket "Nasty", "Horrible", "Disrespectable" (is that even a word ? ), and "Mean".
I want her to be all those things. To Mike Pence.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

THERE’S A WAR GOING ON OVER KAMALA HARRIS’S WIKIPEDIA PAGE, WITH UNFLATTERING ELEMENTS VANISHING

https://theintercept.com/2020/07/02/...ris-wikipedia/

The battle has started. Seemed appropo that it involved Wikipedia. I think of a lot of her past as it comes out is going to be a surprise to many supporters.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 12:09 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

That’s right, folks on BE are just two dimensional cardboard cut outs and can just be neatly categorized - job done.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 12:10 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
THERE’S A WAR GOING ON OVER KAMALA HARRIS’S WIKIPEDIA PAGE, WITH UNFLATTERING ELEMENTS VANISHING

https://theintercept.com/2020/07/02/...ris-wikipedia/

The battle has started. Seemed appropo that it involved Wikipedia. I think of a lot of her past as it comes out is going to be a surprise to many supporters.
It is ironic ticket. America might get the oldest President in it's history and if something happens to him the first woman president in it's history. Yet neither could become president without the other yet Trump would have won no matter who his running mate was I think. And I also think Pence could be a very strong ticket for president in 2024.

Harris was perhaps the best of bad options given that an all white ticket had no chance in this current climate and Michelle Obama and Mayor Lance Bottoms of Atlanta were not available.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by robin1234
That’s right, folks on BE are just two dimensional cardboard cut outs and can just be neatly categorized - job done.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 1:09 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I see you and I are singing from the same hymn sheet!
Old Aug 12th 2020, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by robin1234
I see you and I are singing from the same hymn sheet!
Ha, it's a choir.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.