2020 Election

Old Jul 28th 2020, 6:18 pm
Banned

The Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I'm not in the least bit 'believing Trump' - I think he's a lying turd and I will dance on his grave. I want to see him not just gone, but resoundingly defeated so that the Republican party will think three times before going down this path again. But the article I posted was from a left-leaning publication, not Faux Noise. I would agree that the protests have been 'largely peaceful' but there ought to be universal condemnation of the destruction of property. I'm losing my patience with it and I'm a lifelong democrat. Luckily, the orange turd in the White House is such a monster that I am hopeful that enough people will still vote to get rid of him, but I see the current activity as being entirely counter-productive. Moderate Americans in the swing states are going to have to change their vote from last time if we are to see the back of him, and those moderate voters are likely to be strongly opposed to the destruction of property. Not to mention the utterly stupid narrative around 'defund the police'. Biden is going to have to thoroughly distance himself from that utter nonsense if he is to maintain his lead. Why the narrative is not 'Reform the Police' I cannot imagine.
I think most people understand that de fund the police doesn't mean de fund completely, but this is America where bumper stickers, catchy slogans, rhymes and meme's influence people greatly. We live in a small bedroom community, we rarely lock our doors at night, there is virtually no crime and the sherifs department here has a tank.... Ridiculous

Last edited by The Mirror; Jul 28th 2020 at 7:23 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 6:57 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Can you restate your last sentence a bit? I THINK I understand it but not sure. "border thugs' = Federal agents? 'attracts support from that large proportion ...' ; you are saying Trump's sending in of federal agents is having a net-positive effect on his campaign? If so, are you agreeing that having violent protests is counter-productive to the goal of getting rid of Trump?
My reference to 'border thugs' relates to the deployment of Bortac in Portland. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ortland-bortac
My assertion that large groups of US citizenry are terrified is a personal assessment of the average US voter who's surrounded by blacks with guns, whites with guns, mititias with guns, police with guns, neighbours with guns, lunatics with guns, criminals with guns and evidence that people get shot with guns.
Overlay this with a partisan political system where disagreement now equates to hatred and a fear that Trump will win by one group and lose by the other.
Overlay this with a virus that's ravaging the country and a fear of exposure to C19.
Overlay this with a fear that any illness could leave you ruined and loss of habitation etc.
Overlay this with historically high levels of unemployment and fear of losing work.
Overlay this with hours waiting for tests and food at food banks and a fear of loss of what you have.
Overlay this with BLM protests and governmental respose.
Overlay this with a country that's been at war for decades and the knowledge that this has generated enemies worldwide.
Overlay this with fear of illegal immigrants.
etc. etc.
I would expect a large proportion of the US to be fearful, unsettled and anxious.
I'm trying to make the case that Trump is exploiting this existing anxiety by purposely generating instability and using 'shock troops' to provoke trouble and this is being done to align Trump with Law and Order and by default aligning opponents with protest and mayhem and using fear of this to attract voters to his support.
It's clear from this that Trump has identified a Win-Win strategy and has in Barr a willing partner.
If this action clears protesters from the streets then he'll claim that his 'Federal Agents' will have been successful.
If this action provokes mayhem then he'll claim protesters linked to BLM etc are rioters and his 'Federal Agents' are needed.
Of course there will be violent protesters among those who're more peaceful, and this is to be abhored and counter productive. The level of response to such violence is for local police forces to assess and federal forces should be involved only when invited.

Old Jul 28th 2020, 7:20 pm
Banned

The Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
My reference to 'border thugs' relates to the deployment of Bortac in Portland. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ortland-bortac
My assertion that large groups of US citizenry are terrified is a personal assessment of the average US voter who's surrounded by blacks with guns, whites with guns, mititias with guns, police with guns, neighbours with guns, lunatics with guns, criminals with guns and evidence that people get shot with guns.
Overlay this with a partisan political system where disagreement now equates to hatred and a fear that Trump will win by one group and lose by the other.
Overlay this with a virus that's ravaging the country and a fear of exposure to C19.
Overlay this with a fear that any illness could leave you ruined and loss of habitation etc.
Overlay this with historically high levels of unemployment and fear of losing work.
Overlay this with hours waiting for tests and food at food banks and a fear of loss of what you have.
Overlay this with BLM protests and governmental respose.
Overlay this with a country that's been at war for decades and the knowledge that this has generated enemies worldwide.
Overlay this with fear of illegal immigrants.
etc. etc.
I would expect a large proportion of the US to be fearful, unsettled and anxious.
I'm trying to make the case that Trump is exploiting this existing anxiety by purposely generating instability and using 'shock troops' to provoke trouble and this is being done to align Trump with Law and Order and by default aligning opponents with protest and mayhem and using fear of this to attract voters to his support.
It's clear from this that Trump has identified a Win-Win strategy and has in Barr a willing partner.
If this action clears protesters from the streets then he'll claim that his 'Federal Agents' will have been successful.
If this action provokes mayhem then he'll claim protesters linked to BLM etc are rioters and his 'Federal Agents' are needed.
Of course there will be violent protesters among those who're more peaceful, and this is to be abhored and counter productive. The level of response to such violence is for local police forces to assess and federal forces should be involved only when invited.
Spot on....

The right wing has always used fear and the Great Divider has doubled down on this repulsive tactic. What is disturbing is how easily works on some people. Remember the Caravan? They somehow turned a small group of poor people (many women and children) with no vehicles, no weapons and no intent to hurt anybody into an invading army in the minds of some americans.. ,I bet if they started banging war drums today, they could have 30% of Americans wanting to go to war with Canada by next year.

Last edited by The Mirror; Jul 28th 2020 at 7:23 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 7:53 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Big Picture = Trump may get re-elected if the violence continues. Can the picture get any bigger than that?

You say that it was 'blatantly clear' that the rioting in WC (an utterly boring suburb) was absolutely nothing to do with the protests. So it was a coincidence? Spontaneous? I totally agree that the vast vast majority of BLM protesters are peaceful and well-intentioned. But there is an element that is not peaceful. And it's not a numbers game in this regard. They are detracting from the overall positive momentum and should be resoundingly condemned, not given a pass or excused.
Bingo.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

And when there is no violence from the protestors, make your own to make them look bad:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattper...st-instigator/
Old Jul 28th 2020, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Mirror
Spot on....

The right wing has always used fear and the Great Divider has doubled down on this repulsive tactic. What is disturbing is how easily works on some people. Remember the Caravan? They somehow turned a small group of poor people (many women and children) with no vehicles, no weapons and no intent to hurt anybody into an invading army in the minds of some americans.. ,I bet if they started banging war drums today, they could have 30% of Americans wanting to go to war with Canada by next year.
Canada? They're far more likely to take up arms against their fellow Americans.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 9:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

We are quite happy living in our igloos and using sled dogs for transportation and eating copious amounts of seal, deer, moose and bear meat and using hides from such animals as clothing.
What could possibly attract Muricans to cross the border into our barren Arctic wasteland.
Plus we are very select who we let in unless you discover Roxham Road in upstate New York.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Bingo.
It's the big picture for people with small minds.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Bingo.
Biden needs to come out of his Bunker and say something.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 11:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Why? Everything Trump does or says ends up reducing Trump's support, so why not just let him do his thing? I'm fine with not seeing Biden. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm not planning to vote for Biden because of anything he plans to do; it's enough that he isn't Trump.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 11:54 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Boiler
I guess Faux News, I mean State TV did'nt cover it?

Today
Old Jul 29th 2020, 12:03 am
Banned

Ahh, yes, Benghazi! How could I forget! We'd better be sure she has a good birth certificate also!
Lapel pin gate almost brought Obama down...and lets not forget Umbrellagate...It was just one major scandal after another with that guy

Old Jul 29th 2020, 12:05 am
Banned

Originally Posted by civilservant
I am getting so tired of hearing Republicans bleat on about 'freedom' when what they actually mean is 'I want a total absence of personal responsibility'

My 'freedom' not to wear a mask. What about everyone elses 'freedom' not to have your spittle in their face?
Those Patriots are fighting for the right to get infected and infect others... That is a noble cause. They also fight very hard for the right to use plastic straws and drink 132 ounce Mountain Dews in the New York City... While Trump is trashing the constitution

How come they aren't crying because the have to wear pants into the grocery store?

Last edited by The Mirror; Jul 29th 2020 at 12:31 am.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 3:23 am
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know who in the Trump campaign had the brilliant idea for Trump to start up his defunct press briefings but I just want to say thank you.

It was mentioned in that presser today that Trump admires a doctor who apparently has given a medical opinion involving "Demon Sperm".

Makes me wonder if Obama's people who are quite ruthless and brilliant may have infiltrated Trump's campaign strategist team.
I will be watching tomorrow with popcorn
Oh, btw, when the reporter kept asking about that favorite Doctor of Trump he suddenly ran out the room lol.

Last edited by UkWinds5353; Jul 29th 2020 at 3:26 am.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 3:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Mirror
I think most people understand that de fund the police doesn't mean de fund completely, but this is America where bumper stickers, catchy slogans, rhymes and meme's influence people greatly. We live in a small bedroom community, we rarely lock our doors at night, there is virtually no crime and the sherifs department here has a tank.... Ridiculous
RIght, so why not 'reform the police', 'train the police', 'improve the police' ... anything but 'defund the police'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.