2020 Election

Old Jul 26th 2020, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

One other thing - it will hurt Biden if the media shapes a narrative that his VP pick, whoever it is, is some kind of president-in-waiting because of Biden's age. Biden is the headline on the ticket, not some crown prince or crown princess. The public needs to be focused on the ticket as it is constructed, with Biden as the top guy, and not be left to wonder what they are really getting if they vote Biden.
Old Jul 26th 2020, 4:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Kicking off in Seattle, interesting to see how the Dema play this.
Old Jul 26th 2020, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Kicking off in Seattle, interesting to see how the Dema play this.
"Youth Liberation Front." Sounds completely peaceful and mainstream.
Old Jul 26th 2020, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

The Twitter page for "Youth Liberation Front - Seattle Division" says "Gear up yall! The cops will be pissed."

They also add that police are "terrorists" and that one of their mission statements is to end capitalism.

The Pacific Northwest Twitter feed of the same organisation urges protestors to "stay safe, stay dangerous."

"The Pigs are in a PR battle so they say there's a difference from 'peaceful' and nonviolent protesters."

One news report says they have been responsible for $4.5 million in damages to private businesses in the past two months.

So hard to see why the vast majority of Americans aren't rallying behind this, must be because of racism.

Old Jul 26th 2020, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Two protesters shot by a fellow protester in Aurora as vehicle drives through crowd on I-225

Basically a suburb of Denver, all happening down there, I have friends who live in the area, getting very crazy.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/l...9-45bf77bafa48
Old Jul 26th 2020, 12:22 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds to me like it's time for the feds to start confiscating guns. No other choice. Trump and Putin are in constant contact. No 2A in Russia.
Old Jul 26th 2020, 4:31 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think there will be a civil war in America if Trump gets re-elected or will any states attempt to leave the union. A leaving impossible to prevent short of civil war.
Old Jul 26th 2020, 4:39 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
Do you think there will be a civil war in America if Trump gets re-elected or will any states attempt to leave the union. A leaving impossible to prevent short of civil war.
Please don't tax my brain, I'm still trying to come to terms with people eating each other.
Old Jul 26th 2020, 5:08 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
That's what he wants but who exactly is going to fight for that fat orange turd. If his "second amendment people" (as he called them in 2016 when threatening the country in the event that Clinton won election) were really going to go to war with whomever it is he thinks they should be killing for him, don't you think they already would have done?

I'm not going to fight any of my own countrymen under any circumstances. Americans are not my enemy. I've never met anybody who says any different.
Old Jul 26th 2020, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

John Lewis’ funeral today. Very moving to see his casket drawn across the Edmund KKK Pettus Bridge where he had his skull broken by “law” enforcement during the 1965 civil rights march. And very ironic that he died at the time Trump is sending his “law” enforcement goons onto various cities.
Old Jul 26th 2020, 7:04 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
That's what he wants but who exactly is going to fight for that fat orange turd. If his "second amendment people" (as he called them in 2016 when threatening the country in the event that Clinton won election) were really going to go to war with whomever it is he thinks they should be killing for him, don't you think they already would have done?

I'm not going to fight any of my own countrymen under any circumstances. Americans are not my enemy. I've never met anybody who says any different.
It looks like the provocations of the three per-centers went without major incident yesterday during the NFAC demonstration in Louisville. The three percenters were complaing at the position the police were asking them to stand, because it didnt give them any cover, this is an organization that promotes arms, but demonstrates against people carrying arms.
Old Jul 26th 2020, 7:22 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
Still to early to say. It isn't going to come down to sneaky back-room tactics. It never does, but it gives some people some comfort in thinking there is some way to put a finger on the scale or program it in some way when there isn't.

It will come down to what is the dominant narrative and the dominant voter priority. Covid-19? Biden. Portland riots and anti-police invective, behaviour and spray? Trump. Biden may still win if it's the latter, but if Trump is able to shift things to that terrain he has a chance to catch up. The public, even in blue states, do not support defund the police etc and are still very broadly supportive of their police services, and it's not even a close-run thing.

We've still got 100 days to go and the famed "October Surprise."
I think the famed October surprise will be the Covid Vaccine..... a Covid Vaccine which will be taken live on TV by that ego maniac during a live Coronavirus task force briefing at the white house 9 or 10 days before the election. And all the time he will be saying this is the great american vaccine we did so great we are so proud they make us so proud. You know what Trump is like. And I will say it again. IF that is the case, then on October 27th a week before the election the vaccinated Donald Trump will be on the campaign trail vaccinating a few voters live on TV like he is the hero of America.
Old Jul 26th 2020, 7:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
One other thing - it will hurt Biden if the media shapes a narrative that his VP pick, whoever it is, is some kind of president-in-waiting because of Biden's age. Biden is the headline on the ticket, not some crown prince or crown princess. The public needs to be focused on the ticket as it is constructed, with Biden as the top guy, and not be left to wonder what they are really getting if they vote Biden.
I'm not sure I'd worry too much about this angle. I'm not saying it's not an issue at all, but not a big one. I fully expect Biden to bow out after 4 years, and thus, having a good VP would be useful.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 12:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

So why are these protesters setting fires and breaking windows (at the very least) in these demonstrations? I'm all for peaceful protests, but when you start setting fires and damaging property, you are asking for trouble. I don't agree with sending in the Feds, but something has to be done. What does a protester who starts a fire hope to achieve - what is their end-game, their goal? The thing that concerns me is, the BLM protests gained widespread support when they first occurred, but now, they seem to be losing their original purpose and are becoming violent. This only plays into Trump's hands.

This article on Politico summarizes several of the protests this weekend; this is not a Fox News article, this is a respected journalist ...
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...rs-fire-381968

Police and protesters clash in violent weekend across the U.S.

Protesters in Oakland, California, set fire to a courthouse, damaged a police station, broke windows, spray-painted graffiti, shot fireworks and pointed lasers at officers after a peaceful demonstration Saturday evening turned to unrest...

In Virginia's capital, Richmond, a dump truck was torched as several hundred protesters and police faced off late Saturday

In downtown Atlanta on Sunday, federal agents examined damage to an Immigration and Customs Enforcement facility where windows were shattered late Saturday.

In Seattle ... Rocks, bottles, fireworks and mortars were fired at police during the weekend unrest ... Twenty-one officers were hurt ...

Old Jul 27th 2020, 1:38 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
So why are these protesters setting fires and breaking windows (at the very least) in these demonstrations? I'm all for peaceful protests, but when you start setting fires and damaging property, you are asking for trouble. I don't agree with sending in the Feds, but something has to be done. What does a protester who starts a fire hope to achieve - what is their end-game, their goal? The thing that concerns me is, the BLM protests gained widespread support when they first occurred, but now, they seem to be losing their original purpose and are becoming violent. This only plays into Trump's hands.

This article on Politico summarizes several of the protests this weekend; this is not a Fox News article, this is a respected journalist ...
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...rs-fire-381968

Police and protesters clash in violent weekend across the U.S.

Protesters in Oakland, California, set fire to a courthouse, damaged a police station, broke windows, spray-painted graffiti, shot fireworks and pointed lasers at officers after a peaceful demonstration Saturday evening turned to unrest...

In Virginia's capital, Richmond, a dump truck was torched as several hundred protesters and police faced off late Saturday

In downtown Atlanta on Sunday, federal agents examined damage to an Immigration and Customs Enforcement facility where windows were shattered late Saturday.

In Seattle ... Rocks, bottles, fireworks and mortars were fired at police during the weekend unrest ... Twenty-one officers were hurt ...
Its the antifa doing the rioting not the actual facists dont you know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.