2020 Election

Old Jul 23rd 2020, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Talking of Antifa, these fake stories on social media are pretty funny, particularly when they drag so many racist clowns out of the woodwork:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...73b_story.html
Old Jul 23rd 2020, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Perhaps they should disguise themselves as Antifa and then they could do whatever they want to and everybody would be happy.
What do you think an Antifa disguise would look like?
Old Jul 24th 2020, 12:14 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
That first article above is just utterly disgraceful. I didn't realize such gatherings were even remotely possible at this time. The reluctance of the church group to actively notify parents is awful. Update - I found this article on Business Insider just now; I think it's the same summer camp ... https://www.businessinsider.com/covi...ok-like-2020-7

The other articles, though, all seem to simply confirm that children can catch, and spread, the virus, which I don't think is in much dispute. If the issue were a simple trade-off between kids being in school vs catching the virus, there'd be no contest - the need for in-person schooling would outweigh the limited danger to the children themselves. But the clear evidence that the kids are just as infectious as everyone else, and therefore likely to spread to other kids and their parents/families/friends/community, that's the big issue in my mind.
I don't know whether it's in dispute or not. Another poster said that "children are not affected" therefore they should all go back to school. I want to know what "affected" means in that context. Does "not affected" mean that they don't die at the same rate as senior citizens? Does it mean they don't catch the virus or can't spread it? The articles were meant to show that children are most definitely "affected" and in Texas, right now, it's like wildfire among the children.

Old Jul 24th 2020, 1:03 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

There is some really odd illogical stuff out there . It is a virus ! Children will be able to be just as infectious as the next human. Their younger immune systems may be more resilient for most of them to start with but it is still a damaging spreadable virus. Why would anyone risk that.
Old Jul 24th 2020, 1:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
There is some really odd illogical stuff out there . It is a virus ! Children will be able to be just as infectious as the next human. Their younger immune systems may be more resilient for most of them to start with but it is still a damaging spreadable virus. Why would anyone risk that.
You mean education secretary Betsy de Vos is wrong when she says that children are virus stoppers??

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...pers-covid-19/
Old Jul 24th 2020, 1:14 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
I don't know whether it's in dispute or not. Another poster said that "children are not affected" therefore they should all go back to school. I want to know what "affected" means in that context. Does "not affected" mean that they don't die at the same rate as senior citizens? Does it mean they don't catch the virus or can't spread it? The articles were meant to show that children are most definitely "affected" and in Texas, right now, it's like wildfire among the children.
And, of course, the jury is totally out on what the long-term consequences to the health of a person of any age might be.
Old Jul 24th 2020, 1:18 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
We're in a Florida hotspot, our county has said that parents can choose their child's method of being taught, that automatically removes the choice offered to teachers as many parents rely on their child being in school so that they don't need to pay for care. Teachers here are reluctant to return to the schools, some are calling for pushing back start dates without realizing that the county will be offloading staff in greater numbers the longer schools stay shut - this in addition to the teachers that were cut over the summer vacation when Florida upped it's class size maximum by 3 kids per class.
A school custodian (caretaker) in the county died this week, yesterday a high school sports coach in his 50's in neighbouring Sarasota county passed and also yesterday the local news station reported on a funeral for a Pasco county teacher in her 50's, all Covid related deaths. The teaching community around here is already losing staff and this before we send them back into the places that are ideal breeding grounds for all varieties of nasties.
Unfortunately, because we have no safety net in American and a piece of shit pig in the White House, so many people will be hurt even though they haven't done anything wrong.

I haven't heard a single school employee saying they want to go back (in Dallas/Fort Worth) lately. Honestly, I haven't spoken to any parents that want to let their kids go back either. I've heard a lot more chatter about this topic recently. Grandparents are very anti reopening right now. Based on my experience, a few months ago there would have been a more positive response or at least it would have been split opinions.

We're a hotspot too. Almost all of Texas must delay school opening for now. Florida too, it sounds like. If everybody would stop shitting their pants, and following a president who is shitting in his pants, and realize the ONLY way to really reopens schools is to bring the infection rates down. It could only take a few months if we weren't dealing with constant chaos and sabotage from the orange turd. The rest of the civilized world has already done exactly this to varying degrees. What a mess. I'm so disgusted.

I don't know your personal situation but I hope you and everybody that you care about stay healthy.
Old Jul 24th 2020, 1:30 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
You mean education secretary Betsy de Vos is wrong when she says that children are virus stoppers??

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...pers-covid-19/
The most punch-able face in the world.

BUMPER STICKER: Vote For Biden, He'll Fire DeVos.
Old Jul 24th 2020, 2:01 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
The Bundy family and fellow travelers, are noticeable, in Portland, by their absence.
When daddy says that the 'Negroes should get out cotton picking' I should imagine that there aren't many family members with the cahunas large enough to attend mass public gatherings!
I have just had my attention drawn to a post by Ammon Bundy (on Facebook) about his support for BLM, defunding the police and the hate he is receiving for him actually being consistent with his arguments. He is very much for finding common ground. I stand corrected on him.
Old Jul 24th 2020, 2:06 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Ammon Bundy for those interested. I am a little skeptical, but I am open to giving him a bit of leeway

Last edited by kimilseung; Jul 24th 2020 at 2:09 am.
Old Jul 24th 2020, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, because we have no safety net in American and a piece of shit pig in the White House, so many people will be hurt even though they haven't done anything wrong.

I haven't heard a single school employee saying they want to go back (in Dallas/Fort Worth) lately. Honestly, I haven't spoken to any parents that want to let their kids go back either. I've heard a lot more chatter about this topic recently. Grandparents are very anti reopening right now. Based on my experience, a few months ago there would have been a more positive response or at least it would have been split opinions.

We're a hotspot too. Almost all of Texas must delay school opening for now. Florida too, it sounds like. If everybody would stop shitting their pants, and following a president who is shitting in his pants, and realize the ONLY way to really reopens schools is to bring the infection rates down. It could only take a few months if we weren't dealing with constant chaos and sabotage from the orange turd. The rest of the civilized world has already done exactly this to varying degrees. What a mess. I'm so disgusted.

I don't know your personal situation but I hope you and everybody that you care about stay healthy.
I can't speak for the majority but the parents I know around here (who aren't teachers) are keen for their free daycare facilities to start up again so they can get back to not social distancing in their workplaces and joining the rest of the 'ladies that lunch' brigade.

My better half is a department chair and her position means that she has not been given the option of remote teaching when the next semester starts. We both have minor issues that put us at higher risk than other 50 somethings and had a bit of a chat yesterday about financial arrangements should she die prematurely - as an underpaid manual worker immigrant I don't have a pot to piss in so my death would make zero financial difference, as an underpaid teacher in a lower paid county of the state it meant that it was only a five minute chat. This is going to be her 30th year of teaching in this county and thanks to Florida's lack of incentive for staying beyond 30 years this will be her last year here, one way or another, with the intention of banging out another 15 years teaching in SC.

As for staying healthy, thank you for the sentiment, we too hope that your family, everyone on BE and beyond stays well and takes measures to protect themselves and others.
Old Jul 24th 2020, 3:04 am
WTF?

I can't speak for the majority but the parents I know around here (who aren't teachers) are keen for their free daycare facilities to start up again so they can get back to not social distancing in their workplaces and joining the rest of the 'ladies that lunch' brigade.
Wow. Reading this made me think about when/where I was when having these conversations. I work in different counties/towns weekly. The strongest voices are coming from the affluent Dallas/Fort Worth suburbs. As it relates to the 2020 election, predominantly Republican, white and college educated. I work in rural Texas too but haven't heard anything, one way or another, on school openings.

My better half is a department chair and her position means that she has not been given the option of remote teaching when the next semester starts. We both have minor issues that put us at higher risk than other 50 somethings and had a bit of a chat yesterday about financial arrangements should she die prematurely - as an underpaid manual worker immigrant I don't have a pot to piss in so my death would make zero financial difference, as an underpaid teacher in a lower paid county of the state it meant that it was only a five minute chat. This is going to be her 30th year of teaching in this county and thanks to Florida's lack of incentive for staying beyond 30 years this will be her last year here, one way or another, with the intention of banging out another 15 years teaching in SC.

As for staying healthy, thank you for the sentiment, we too hope that your family, everyone on BE and beyond stays well and takes measures to protect themselves and others.
Myself, and most of my colleagues, have drawn up wills and/or made our wishes known to our families.
Old Jul 24th 2020, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
There is some really odd illogical stuff out there . It is a virus ! Children will be able to be just as infectious as the next human. Their younger immune systems may be more resilient for most of them to start with but it is still a damaging spreadable virus.
This disease is a threat for everyone, children included. Even if they have never exhibited symptoms or appeared to have contracted it.
One of the "odd, illogical stuff out there" conditions that have occurred in children is called Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome".

The irony is that it occurs in children who have either recovered from Covid or hadn't been known to have had it because they'd been asymptomatic ( and were only discovered to have had it when tested later).
In both instances their young bodies were subsequently overwhelmed by the massive amount of antibodies produced by their strong immune systems in order to fight Covid. What initially spared them from the potentially lethal virus, then boomeranged to threaten (and sometimes take) their lives.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/mis-c-in-...9/art-20486809
Old Jul 24th 2020, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

As you say, the rest of the world (at least, much of the world) has got their infection rates down so they can think about going back to normal life, like going back to school. My niece in UK is quite comfortable having her 4 and 6 year-olds going back to school, for example. This is the part that Trump doesn't seem to understand (or won't acknowledge) - yes, the rest of the world is sending their kids to school now, and that's because they got their shit together a while back. And Trump keeps saying things like, 'our testing is the envy of the world' ... so those who live in the Trump bubble probably believe that.

Speaking of 'personal situation' - how is YOUR situation going ... it sounded like you were on the front-lines in a clinic and having to deal daily with morons who would not follow basic guidance (masks, etc). Are people at least getting a BIT more in tune where you are? I abandoned AZ because I just couldn't see people taking it seriously. It seems like they are finally doing so ...
Old Jul 24th 2020, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

The most punch-able face in the world.

BUMPER STICKER: Vote For Biden, He'll Fire DeVos.
I loathe her.
I loathe how gleeful she must have felt today when Trump, during his Corona conference wank, threatened to take the money meant for each State's public schools and divert it to religious or private institutions if a State didn't re-open its schools in the fall. Not only is it outrageous. It's unlawful

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.