2020 Election

Old Jul 9th 2020, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Who said he was?
In response to the idea he made some financial sacrifice by being a public servant, i.e, he didn't suffer in his personal finance, or the numerous perks he has had thought his public service,
Old Jul 9th 2020, 11:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
In response to the idea he made some financial sacrifice by being a public servant, i.e, he didn't suffer in his personal finance, or the numerous perks he has had thought his public service,
Maybe you should read what's written and not what you think was said.
Old Jul 9th 2020, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Maybe you should read what's written and not what you think was said.
Hah I agree.

Just I always find it a bit ironic when I hear about someone being a 'public servant' and that they sacrificed in doing so, and then up wealthy just the same.
Old Jul 9th 2020, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly Trump has had experience that isn't "entirely been experience in business failures"
Such as?

He inherited his wealth and has since declared bankruptcy 6 times.

As far as Biden as far as I know a lifelong politician living off the taxpayer I have just pointed out I am unaware of any experience he has had in charge in an executive role either in the private, military sectors as say for example as a governor.
Executive experience is just experience in making decisions. I'd wager Joe Biden has a great deal more experience in making decisions and making them successfully than Trump has.
Old Jul 9th 2020, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Before he was picked as VP he was the second-poorest member of congress, reliant almost entirely on his senator salary rather than the suspiciously large investments that most politicians seem to have in industries that they write the laws for. That's pretty close to being the most public servant of all federal politicians, or at least one of the least exploitative, and he'd probably still be doing it now if he hadn't been VP. So you've been caught talking bolleux yet again.

Old Jul 9th 2020, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Anian
Before he was picked as VP he was the second-poorest member of congress, reliant almost entirely on his senator salary rather than the suspiciously large investments that most politicians seem to have in industries that they write the laws for. That's pretty close to being the most public servant of all federal politicians, or at least one of the least exploitative, and he'd probably still be doing it now if he hadn't been VP. So you've been caught talking bolleux yet again.
politifact reports him as having a net worth between 2.1 and 7.9 million. as i said not poor, and has done well as members of both parties seem to do with similar longevity as public servants. i never implied unethical ties or conflicts of interest, and if i had to guess i would think he is more honest than most
Old Jul 9th 2020, 4:14 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

As far as Biden as far as I know a lifelong politician living off the taxpayer .
How do you suggest that people who dedicate their lives to public service be paid? Working at all levels of government, from first selectman, to mayor, to congressperson, to senator, is an essential career and the necessary experience for higher office is gathered along the way. We are currently seeing what happens when someone with no interest in caring for other people and no understanding of how to work with others tries to bully his way out of a tight corner.
Old Jul 9th 2020, 4:21 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
How do you suggest that people who dedicate their lives to public service be paid? Working at all levels of government, from first selectman, to mayor, to congressperson, to senator, is an essential career and the necessary experience for higher office is gathered along the way. We are currently seeing what happens when someone with no interest in caring for other people and no understanding of how to work with others tries to bully his way out of a tight corner.
A very good point Nutmegger
Old Jul 9th 2020, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GeneralPowerpoint
Such as?

He inherited his wealth and has since declared bankruptcy 6 times.

Executive experience is just experience in making decisions. I'd wager Joe Biden has a great deal more experience in making decisions and making them successfully than Trump has.
all i said really is trump has had experience in being in an executive position.he clearly used bankruptcies as a tool for companies he ran. through crafty and perhaps shady means he built his brand and company while having some spectacular failures along the way.

biden is a professional politician for many years, and no experience as far as i know even in government service running a department or being a governor.

two poor choices.
Old Jul 9th 2020, 4:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
i simply suggest one of criteria for being president i think should be some executive management experience in the public, military and/or private sector. and that this would be the same whether republican or democrat. that trump is an obnoxious boor doesn't negate that experience counts.

Old Jul 9th 2020, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

nain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond reputenain rouge has a reputation beyond repute

Dedicating himself to public service ? You make it sound like some noble sacrifice was made. And he isn't poor

Nich job on totally skipping Donald's part in all of this. I guess that means you agree with the assessment I made of him.

And yes, at least in this country, public service can be a noble calling, despite all of the seamy, unsuitablie types filling various offices (see my original post about Donald). For that matter, why should Biden be "poor"? His wife (who has a doctorate degree) has been working steadily for decades, earning an income. Biden himself has been working for 50+ years - you don't think it is possible to save money in half a centuy?

Get back to us if you ever want to discuss Donald's "qualifications" to be president.
Old Jul 9th 2020, 5:18 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

i simply suggest one of criteria for being president i think should be some executive management experience in the public, military and/or private sector. and that this would be the same whether republican or democrat. that trump is an obnoxious boor doesn't negate that experience counts.
Then solid experience in the public sector should also be a criteria, as you appear to believe you cannot have one without the other. Though running a city or state and dealing with the needs of the electorate sounds like executive experience to me.
Old Jul 9th 2020, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute

all i said really is trump has had experience in being in an executive position.
So does the manager of your local supermarket.

"Executive experience" by itself is worthless. The value comes from learning how to make good decisions.

For all his "executive experience" Donald Trump has cultivated a proven track record in making bad decisions. If anything his executive experience disqualifies him.
Old Jul 9th 2020, 5:39 pm
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

It tickles me when people suggest Trump's experience running companies while suffering 4 Bankruptcies equates to real Executive experience. Especially when we all know from court documents that many of his business deals were illegal in nature.

It's like saying a Mob Boss has real Executive experience. How far down the rabbit hole do we want to go! Tony Soprano for President?
Old Jul 9th 2020, 11:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much every state that did Trump's bidding by re-opening as soon as possible is now seeing an exponential rise in new covid-19 cases. In a sane country this ought to be disqualifying in terms of his reelection. In the US, maybe not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.