2020 Election

Old Jul 5th 2020, 6:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by andyrebell
He can't put back enough people into work and the virus is out of control now. The response on the murder of George Floyd has cost him his second term. Instead of embracing the black lives matter he branded it terrorist. He won't get any black votes now and without them he can't win.

You say Biden will get a minority woman as running mate you are probably right personally I think the Mayor of Atlanta though again what a ticket Michelle Obama would have been right now but she is not interested and I don't think Biden can convince her otherwise. Also worth considering the health, age and possible dementia of Biden that the minority running mate might likely end up as president.

Perhaps the only way Trump can win is to fire Mike Pence if he can do that and go with a certain rapper perhaps on a platform of what Trump stands for now for his base as it is plus stop snitchin america, defund police and witsec and push more scholarships and affirmative action?. And that rapper on the campaign trail speaking his way. That might get Trump a good number of black votes. And consider the health issue surrounding trump that are rumoured that rapper may also get to president this time. He has no chance in 2024. We know who I am talking about don't we but I am not going to name him.

But since that won't happen he has no chance.
Apparently West (why won't you mention his name?) is now saying he's running. Against Trump. https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...sident-in-2020
Old Jul 5th 2020, 10:34 am
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Apparently West (why won't you mention his name?) is now saying he's running. Against Trump. https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...sident-in-2020
Because maybe I am libel on a public forum but I really do think a good crux of his campaign will be stop snitchin that sort of thing to get the black votes.

How can Kayne West run if his is a republican when Trump is the incumbent? He might cost the Trump the election among other factors if he runs as a third candidate an independent?.

The Republican voters will go to him not Trump but not all them will a good number of them probably won't. He might do damage to Biden If his campaign slogan is stop snitchin america defund the police et al and if he is able to tap into that Black lives matter movement not all of whom are black and not of whom agree with so called stop snitchin views of some sections of the african american community in some cities. So maybe with that in mind he can't do enough damage to deflect Biden away from the white house if that is his intent.

It is a publicity stunt and a badly timed one in my opinion. He will be a joke if he became president. In all seriousness can you imagine him using the N Word both on the campaign trail or if he mentions Fitz the character that Robbie Coltrane played in the 90s. I don't want to get banned for typing the word the blacks use to describe white people.

Last edited by andyrebell; Jul 5th 2020 at 11:14 am.
Old Jul 5th 2020, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
I don't remember you asking that about Trump. I do remember that you did spend a lot of time defending his right not to release his tax returns though. How's that all working out?
The question would apply to any candidate of either party, and certainly Trump did not have the experience one would prefer in a
President though he did have executive experience on the other hand proudly says he doesn't need to read things and a whole list of other astonishing thoughts for a President.
Old Jul 5th 2020, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
You're asking the wrong question.
The question you should be asking is why did America narrowly decide to elect an obvious incompetent individual for President in 2016. Trump had never held any governmental office including basic responsibilities like city councilman. Why would anyone support such a person knowing full well that they brought nothing of worth to the table.

Anyone from my list of potential VP candidates is far and away more qualified than Trump could ever be. Thankfully our national nightmare will end in about 4 months. And hopefully those that voted for Trump in 2016 will have learned a productive lesson from that more than questionable decision.

Nearly four years laters even the once motivation of Trump maybe knowing something about good business has become obviously incorrect. The man has gone bankrupt 4 TIMES and that should tell everyone anything they should need to know! It definitely explains why he still believes a dangerous pandemic would not threaten hundreds of thousands of lives and rob us of trillions of dollars.
I think should be the right question but perhaps not a popular one on the right or left.

My take many of his voters just fed up with being lectured and looked down upon, in disagreement with the emerging new culture, or stagnant real wages- and decided to take a chance, with the opinion that Hilary was just more of the same. Whether Biden can connect with enough people in the swing states we will see.

Old Jul 6th 2020, 2:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
The question would apply to any candidate of either party, and certainly Trump did not have the experience one would prefer in a
President though he did have executive experience on the other hand proudly says he doesn't need to read things and a whole list of other astonishing thoughts for a President.
Of going bankrupt four times.
Old Jul 6th 2020, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair, that is likely quite relevant experience for the hole he has dug himself into.
Old Jul 6th 2020, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes he has had both success and failure in his career, certainly he met his personal objectives of craftily building his riches and his own brand.he used the bankruptcy laws to bail himself out, but that doesn't change the fact he has had some management experience. Doesn't mean overall he had the experience one would prefer in a President,any more than Biden who as far I know has never had any sort of job with real responsibility except being a professional politician. Cant say much for either as potential president, and even worse Biden's criteria for vice president is not suitable experience but meeting some identity politics objective.
Old Jul 6th 2020, 12:48 pm
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

I think should be the right question but perhaps not a popular one on the right or left.

My take many of his voters just fed up with being lectured and looked down upon, in disagreement with the emerging new culture, or stagnant real wages- and decided to take a chance, with the opinion that Hilary was just more of the same. Whether Biden can connect with enough people in the swing states we will see.
My take is that many of those people that feel lectured to and looked down upon, believe minimal involvement on their part by voting only once every four years, if that, and believing that small effort should be more than enough to make the change they wish to happen in government.

That is not how achieving good governance happens. If you ask most of those same people if they voted in off year presidential elections, and got involved in local elections, there would be a huge percentage that would say they did not. Success in many endeavors in life quite often comes to those that want it the most and who are diligent in seeking out those goals.

Picking anyone with Donald Trump's resume was the act of a voter with not only poor impulse control but someone that does not value research analysis.

There was more than enough information in the public square to warn a voter that our current situation was possible with Trump in the White House. He is probably one of if not the least honest Presidents our country has ever seen. Trump uses bankruptcy not as a last resort after making poor decisions. He instead uses bankruptcy as a business scam to enter into agreements knowing full well that once he has secured funding for a "legitimate" project he takes that lenders cash out of that project and conducts a bust out. He's done it four times each with him leaving vendors and lenders all holding the bag. There is a laundry list of people that have performed excellent work and was never paid. And I'm not putting down people who have to legitimately go bankrupt in order to protect their home, but to do it multiple times in order to game the system is exactly why Trump is known in the NYC area as a conman.

American banks will not finance his projects and that is why he seeks out foreign lenders. Which makes me wonder why Trump supporters have not asked themselves why is it that American banks will not touch Trump.

I'm fully aware that not everyone has lived in the NYC area and for that reason some might not know the means the Trump family has used to build their wealth. But Trump was not difficult to figure out. Sadly many of the Trump supporters will not only pay a financial price due to the Trump presidency but some will also have their health threatened because of the mishandled virus.

Last edited by UkWinds5353; Jul 6th 2020 at 12:58 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2020, 12:51 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Yes he has had both success and failure in his career, certainly he met his personal objectives of craftily building his riches and his own brand.he used the bankruptcy laws to bail himself out, but that doesn't change the fact he has had some management experience. Doesn't mean overall he had the experience one would prefer in a President,any more than Biden who as far I know has never had any sort of job with real responsibility except being a professional politician. Cant say much for either as potential president, and even worse Biden's criteria for vice president is not suitable experience but meeting some identity politics objective.
Then again Kayne West is a self made billionaire yes?

Be interested to see how much of his own money he will throw away to deflect support away from Biden whilst giving him the taste of running for office whilst ensuring the republican platform to do it in 2024. Especially if takes it seriously. He has a lot better chance of winning as "uniter of the country" in a republican hat if he is to be the incumbent to Trump as opposed to the ouster of Biden/Lance-Bottoms after their first term.
Old Jul 6th 2020, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

When he ran in '16, The Economist investigation of his finances concluded that he would have been considerably better investing the money his dad gave him in the S&P 500 index.
Old Jul 6th 2020, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

HDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
When he ran in '16, The Economist investigation of his finances concluded that he would have been considerably better investing the money his dad gave him in the S&P 500 index.
To be fair, putting all your money in a stock fund and not touching it for decades doesn't let you lead the billionaire lifestyle Trump led (which I'm guessing that Economist calculation was based on).
Old Jul 6th 2020, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I refuse to relax about Trump until after the election, but I am feeling ever-so-slightly optimistic at last. Biden has put in a few 'average' showings of late, and that's all he has to do - have a pulse, don't die, don't say anything stupid. He needs to pick a moderate VP candidate to hep win independents. He needs to toe the line on 'Defund the Police' because no one in their right minds really wants to do that.

Another cause for optimism I saw recently was a projection map for Covid-19 deaths by October 2020. It's a horrible way to interpret the Covid-19 situation, but - looking at this map, it shows the highest death rate in October is predicted to be Florida, with Texas close behind. I can only imagine the residents of Florida won't be in a good mood about Trump if their fellow residents are dropping like flies due to the coronavirus, after Trump has downplayed the virus all along.

For this chart, you have to go to this page - https://covid19.healthdata.org/unite...merica/florida then scroll down to the second chart titled 'Daily Deaths', then on this second chart, click the 'map' tab, and then slide the 'date' slider at the bottom from 'today' over to 'Oct 1'. You will see how the picture of the US changes over time, and it's not a nice picture if you are a Republican - Texas and Florida are projected to be really bad at that time. So that ought to help flip Florida to the democrats. Note how CA and NY are virtually clear by that time. So the 'blue states' will be well past their peaks in terms of C-19 deaths, but the 'red states' will be spiking at that time. Of course, things could change now that Florida and Texas seem to be getting their acts together a bit when it comes to C-19, but even that is in defiance of Trump's message, so still not good.
Here's an article today that makes the connection I suggested above:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ses-are-rising
(paywall but with limited 'free' views) .
Old Jul 7th 2020, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
My take is that many of those people that feel lectured to and looked down upon, believe minimal involvement on their part by voting only once every four years, if that, and believing that small effort should be more than enough to make the change they wish to happen in government.

That is not how achieving good governance happens. If you ask most of those same people if they voted in off year presidential elections, and got involved in local elections, there would be a huge percentage that would say they did not. Success in many endeavors in life quite often comes to those that want it the most and who are diligent in seeking out those goals.

Picking anyone with Donald Trump's resume was the act of a voter with not only poor impulse control but someone that does not value research analysis.

There was more than enough information in the public square to warn a voter that our current situation was possible with Trump in the White House. He is probably one of if not the least honest Presidents our country has ever seen. Trump uses bankruptcy not as a last resort after making poor decisions. He instead uses bankruptcy as a business scam to enter into agreements knowing full well that once he has secured funding for a "legitimate" project he takes that lenders cash out of that project and conducts a bust out. He's done it four times each with him leaving vendors and lenders all holding the bag. There is a laundry list of people that have performed excellent work and was never paid. And I'm not putting down people who have to legitimately go bankrupt in order to protect their home, but to do it multiple times in order to game the system is exactly why Trump is known in the NYC area as a conman.

American banks will not finance his projects and that is why he seeks out foreign lenders. Which makes me wonder why Trump supporters have not asked themselves why is it that American banks will not touch Trump.

I'm fully aware that not everyone has lived in the NYC area and for that reason some might not know the means the Trump family has used to build their wealth. But Trump was not difficult to figure out. Sadly many of the Trump supporters will not only pay a financial price due to the Trump presidency but some will also have their health threatened because of the mishandled virus.
You wrote : "
Picking anyone with Donald Trump's resume was the act of a voter with not only poor impulse control but someone that does not value research analysis."

Think you may be still missing it- many voted simply tired of being lectured to, tired of not getting ahead in real wages, tired of the Washington politicians of both parties, and certainly electing Hilary would just be more of the same, so decided to roll the dice I listened to Hillary during the campaign,hardly did I get the impression of a bold economic thinker who would.get the economy moving and cared about working class Americans.The things Trump says that the left goes into fits about, a lot of Americans just appreciate someone willing to speak their mind regardless of what the Media, Academia, or Californians might think.. The last county I lived in America I knew lifelong Democrat voters who held their nose and voted for Trump, and under no illusions about his numerous faults.

Biden when he wants to be can be just as rude and obnoxious, watch the vice Presidential debate he had with Paul Ryan, If he can get the energy and perform like that in a debate with Trump, Trump won't know what hit him.

I would have preferred a real choice, say between Rand Paul and Sanders. Instead again two poor choices..
Old Jul 7th 2020, 8:34 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked into Trump at all? His "executive experience" translates basically into running an organized crime family. I guess maybe you do have to have certain skills to do that. Why you find that preferable to people who have actually held office or worked in government is really down to your complete lack of judgement.
Old Jul 7th 2020, 8:57 pm
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Donald Trump's niece's tell all book is a blockbuster and I now see why Trump tried to get the court system to block its release. Basically the book says uncle Trump is a sociopath and that quote is coming directly from his family member that is a qualified psychologist.

The book also confirms what I've said how Trump approaches business decisions like bankruptcy. He doesn't go bankrupt to protect his assets, no, instead he uses the act of bankruptcy to scam banks out of the money they loan him. That certainly explains why none of the American banks will do business with him. It makes you wonder if Trump supporters don't care that he is a crook or if they aren't smart enough to know what he is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.