2020 Election

Old Mar 16th 2020, 11:41 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by carcajou
Yes, Biden was the person he least wanted to run against. He was hoping for Sanders (completely unelectable) and/or Warren (ditto). Biden will cash in on Obama nostalgia and the record of centrism and moderation in the Obama Administration. Which, despite what certain posters on this forum (with horrible track records of predicting elections) will tell you, is still the ticket. Not left-wing extremism.

Biden enters a General Election against Trump as the favourite, but it's a long election and anything can happen.

Biden has also stated he will select a woman as his VP candidate. I have long suspected a Biden-Klobuchar deal has already been agreed to. We shall see.
OK. Thanks, Anyone else have any sorts of notions ?
Old Mar 17th 2020, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

Heading_Baltimore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Leslie
Obama Hillary Nancy Chuck. Shithole countries, brown people, AOC, deep state, hoax, blah blah blah.

I had a brain damaged person tell me today that the government was trying to take Trump down with this fake virus. I was like, yeah, Trump is the ****ing government, you retard.
Is it just me that think the Americans tend not to use their brains? I keep saying to myself "how did this country become so advanced" ..I came to the simple conclusion that it is the foreigners that uplift this country as i am not impress with their thinking pattern. Oh well!
Old Mar 17th 2020, 1:33 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heading_Baltimore
Is it just me that think the Americans tend not to use their brains? I keep saying to myself "how did this country become so advanced" ..I came to the simple conclusion that it is the foreigners that uplift this country as i am not impress with their thinking pattern. Oh well!
You've answered your own question. Many Americans are fabulous. Many fabulous Americans are immigrants. But there are a lot of not so fabulous Americans too ... many who are also probably immigrants. Is there a venn diagram in the house?

Do you have an opinion about the election?
Old Mar 17th 2020, 1:46 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
OK. Thanks, Anyone else have any sorts of notions ?
Anybody who says they know how the election will go is lying. Nobody knows a damn thing anymore. I shall now make an ass of myself trying to answer your question . . .

Yes. Joe Biden can beat Trump. He could also lose to Trump. But if your question is along the lines of 'is it possible' then absolutely, yes, it is well within the realm of possibility.
Old Mar 17th 2020, 2:05 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Leslie
Anybody who says they know how the election will go is lying. Nobody knows a damn thing anymore. I shall now make an ass of myself trying to answer your question . . .

Yes. Joe Biden can beat Trump. He could also lose to Trump. But if your question is along the lines of 'is it possible' then absolutely, yes, it is well within the realm of possibility.

Yes. I did rather mean is it possible rather than an absolute or a non starter.
Old Mar 17th 2020, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

There is one thing for certain, it's uncertain.
My S.i.L. a staunch Republican say's he's not voting for Trump or Biden. Where as a couple of British friends are strong for Trump. He is an Everton supporter, although I don't know that means anything?
Old Mar 18th 2020, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

HDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond repute

It struck me, during these coronavirus press conferences, how much more coherent and "presidential" Pence has been than Trump. So maybe Biden's and Trump's cognitive/coherence issues just cancel each other out?

A major factor since 2016 has been the personal loyalty that white working class folks feel for Trump (that they never felt for the likes of George W. Bush etc). Of course, how deep and enduring this loyalty is remains to be seen.
Old Mar 18th 2020, 3:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HDWill
It struck me, during these coronavirus press conferences, how much more coherent and "presidential" Pence has been than Trump. So maybe Biden's and Trump's cognitive/coherence issues just cancel each other out?

A major factor since 2016 has been the personal loyalty that white working class folks feel for Trump (that they never felt for the likes of George W. Bush etc). Of course, how deep and enduring this loyalty is remains to be seen.
Amazing how many people on here want Pence to be President.
Old Mar 18th 2020, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Are you joking? "on here"? BE? I haven't seen a single post suggesting that. Am I missing something?
Old Mar 18th 2020, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Are you joking? "on here"? BE? I haven't seen a single post suggesting that. Am I missing something?
Even the post our resident troll replied to didn't say that.
Old Mar 18th 2020, 5:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Mega Thread on the subject, well its consequence.
Old Mar 18th 2020, 8:09 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I just got an email from Bill Weld. He is suspending his presidential campaign.

He did relatively well in a couple of the primaries, bearing in mind his opponent was the incumbent President, but obviously not well enough.
Old Mar 18th 2020, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Biden made an interesting point after Bernie made a point concerning the current pandemic.“With respect to Medicare-for-All, you have a single-payer system in Italy. It doesn’t work there.”
South Korea has Universal Health Care, and reputed to be 1 of the best in the world.

South Koreans have access to universal healthcare, ranking first in the OECD for healthcare access.[1] Satisfaction of healthcare has been consistently among the highest in the world – South Korea was rated as the fourth most efficient healthcare system by Bloomberg [2][3]
The quality of South Korean healthcare has been ranked as being among the world's best. It had the OECD's highest colorectal cancer survival rate at 72.8%, significantly ahead of Denmark's 55.5% or the UK's 54.5%. It ranked second in cervical cancer survival rate at 76.8%, significantly ahead of Germany's 64.5% or the U.S. at 62.2%.[4] Hemorrhagic stroke 30 day in-hospital mortality per 100 hospital discharges was the OECD's third lowest at 13.7 deaths, which was almost twice as low as the U.S. at 22.3 or France's 24 deaths. For Ischemic stroke, it ranked second at 3.4 deaths, which was almost a third of Australia's 9.4 or Canada's 9.7 deaths. South Korean hospitals ranked 4th for MRI units per capita and 6th for CT scanners per capita in the OECD. It also had the OECD's second largest number of hospital beds per 1000 people at 9.56 beds, which was over triple that of Sweden's 2.71, Canada's 2.75, the UK's 2.95, or the U.S. at 3.05 beds.[5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_South_Korea
Old Mar 19th 2020, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 19th 2020, 11:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Please could you point them out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.