2020 Election

Old Jan 15th 2020, 9:05 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by Ingles
Good God , Boiler had a idea , perish the thought ,how did it go down ?
It fell afoul of the much-vaunted United States Constitution.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 7:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by robin1234
It fell afoul of the much-vaunted United States Constitution.
Well can we not add it to the list along with the Electoral College, 2nd Amendment and looks like quite a few others things.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 9:16 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Well can we not add it to the list along with the Electoral College, 2nd Amendment and looks like quite a few others things.
So do you believe that people shouldn’t be disqualified for running for president or VP if they are younger than 35? My feeling is simply that there are a lot more pressing issues in the electoral process that need addressing first.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 11:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by robin1234
So do you believe that people shouldn’t be disqualified for running for president or VP if they are younger than 35? My feeling is simply that there are a lot more pressing issues in the electoral process that need addressing first.
I would focus on disqualifying those over 65.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

I would focus on disqualifying those over 65.

Well then ,as Donny's now 73 ,should he now be forced to retire or should they just let the lying bar steward carry on until he gets arrested ?
Old Jan 16th 2020, 3:20 pm
Account Closed

Well then ,as Donny's now 73 ,should he now be forced to retire or should they just let the lying bar steward carry on until he gets arrested ?
Over 65 is over 65, even someone who is under 65 on day of swearing in could be near 70 after 4 years and I think that is old enough.

Now if someone wants to argue a couple of years extra I could see that could be valid but there should be a line. At this rate Donny will be near 80 when he finishes.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Over 65 is over 65, even someone who is under 65 on day of swearing in could be near 70 after 4 years and I think that is old enough.

Now if someone wants to argue a couple of years extra I could see that could be valid but there should be a line. At this rate Donny will be near 80 when he finishes.
But surely all 80-year-olds aren't gaga! If so, should they be allowed to vote?
Old Jan 16th 2020, 3:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
But surely all 80-year-olds aren't gaga! If so, should they be allowed to vote?
Of course not, but why is there a retirement age? We are talking about an intense and stressful job. I can think of 2 people I know, one an eminent surgeon the other an Airline Pilot, the Pilot can no longer have passengers in the back due to age and I am not sure there is an age for a Surgeon but he got too old and is probably younger than Donny.

Logically if you have an a minimum age to vote should you also exclude those who are gaga and over that age, I can see a case but strikes me as open to abuse and impractical and probably not a big enough deal.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 4:19 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

That would apply to Sanders and Biden also.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Yankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud ofYankashire has much to be proud of

Many of you all are far more dedicated than I am; I don't know how you can stand it. 😂 I've been telling people that I will start paying attention in August, September, or so... until then, I "can't be arsed", as they say in my new homeland.

I do plan to vote, though. I imagine that's a bit of a complicated procedure here in the UK. Need to look into it further... 🤔

As an aside, there seems to be no topic more interesting to my new British friends than Pres. Trump, once they hear my accent...
Old Jan 16th 2020, 7:51 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Originally Posted by Yankashire
Many of you all are far more dedicated than I am; I don't know how you can stand it. 😂 I've been telling people that I will start paying attention in August, September, or so... until then, I "can't be arsed", as they say in my new homeland.

I do plan to vote, though. I imagine that's a bit of a complicated procedure here in the UK. Need to look into it further... 🤔

As an aside, there seems to be no topic more interesting to my new British friends than Pres. Trump, once they hear my accent...
My plan over the last many years has been to be physically present at home in America for American elections, and to be physically present at home in England for British elections. The American obligation is far easier to fulfill - I just need to be in America on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November, every year. UK, by contrast, comes up with all kinds of surprises.
Old Jan 17th 2020, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Of course not, but why is there a retirement age? We are talking about an intense and stressful job. I can think of 2 people I know, one an eminent surgeon the other an Airline Pilot, the Pilot can no longer have passengers in the back due to age and I am not sure there is an age for a Surgeon but he got too old and is probably younger than Donny.

Logically if you have an a minimum age to vote should you also exclude those who are gaga and over that age, I can see a case but strikes me as open to abuse and impractical and probably not a big enough deal.
You must be kidding , the lazy MF plays golf most off the time !
Old Jan 17th 2020, 11:12 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

You must be kidding , the lazy MF plays golf most off the time !
While that's of course true, there's no real denying that the job can literally be golf one minute and end of the world life and death the next.

Bush was sat with school children when the world ended for him.
Old Jan 17th 2020, 11:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
While that's of course true, there's no real denying that the job can literally be golf one minute and end of the world life and death the next.

Bush was sat with school children when the world ended for him.
Fairly sure Trump plays as much golf as he does simply because the job is intense and stressful and he has absolutely no clue how to do it. I don't play golf but I'd probably escape to a course constantly if I were President.
Old Jan 17th 2020, 2:47 pm
Account Closed

I Ingles defending Trump? I need to lay down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.