2020 Election

Old Dec 31st 2019, 6:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by zargof
I'll be honest. Biden is more resilient than I thought he would be. He has consistently held a lead in the national polling. I'm not sure if this lead is because people aren't paying attention to the primary or they just don't care about the continual gaffes and foibles. It may be that Biden goes on and wins the nomination. Another possibility is that he doesn't win the first couple of contests in IA and NH (which is a good possibility based on polling there) and it brings into question his electability argument. Or as gets closer to the actual voting voters start paying more attention and start to see the negatives about Biden, especially if the impeachment trial is happening and his name is associated with it.

One thing to consider is that a large part of Bernie's support is from people who are younger and those that aren't regular voters. So his support could be undercounted in the polling, but it also depends if they can be persuaded to show up and vote. Bernie's organizing and grassroots support is second to none, but it will be for nothing if the voters don't show up.

I still think Biden has the best chance of winning with Bernie not too far behind. Anyone else seems unlikely at this point. But it could still change.
I agree with you. Either one of them will ensure a second term for Trump.

I said it last election...with a population of 30+ million...are these 3 (Biden/Sanders/Trump) the best America can come up with?
Old Dec 31st 2019, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Boils down to money, takes so much money to just run if one can't raise it, there is no chance, we really need a massive cap on elections, and more restrictions to ensure a more level playing field, if not for the massive sums of money needed we may get better candidates.

I am just hoping some of those states that were blue in 2012, but red in 2016 will return blue in 2020, just need a few of those states to lose enough jobs to piss enough people off and blame Trump, anyone have connections to business leaders in these states who can do some lay offs to piss the population off at Trump.

Problem with politics is it seems to be a my way or highway with neither side willing to negotiate and find common ground, stop acting like the other side is the enemy and work together, we are all the same country, and its fine to have differences but for crying out loud we are not enemies and finding common ground will benefit us all. My grandfather was a career politician and left politics in the late 90's, I should write him and get his perspective, might be interesting. Just my random thought don't mind me.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

I said it last election...with a population of 30+ million...are these 3 (Biden/Sanders/Trump) the best America can come up with?

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Dec 31st 2019 at 8:54 pm.
Old Dec 31st 2019, 7:20 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I wouldn't say that either one of Biden or Sanders would ensure a second term for Trump, but Biden would be most likely. Of all the candidates Bernie is the one that has the best chance to defeat Trump because he can best blunt all of Trump's attacks.
Old Dec 31st 2019, 7:29 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Boils down to money, takes so much money to just run if one can't raise it, there is no chance, we really need a massive cap on elections, and more restrictions to ensure a more level playing field, if not for the massive sums of money needed we may get better candidates.
I agree that there is far too much money in politics, and the way campaigns are financed needs to change, but you also have to look at where the candidates are getting their money from and how the influences the candidates. If like Biden or Buttigieg they are getting most of their money from the rich, then it's fair to say that the rich are going to have more influence over how they govern than candidates like Sanders or Warren who get most of their money from the 99%.

I am just hoping some of those states that were blue in 2012, but red in 2016 will return blue in 2020, just need a few of those states to lose enough jobs to piss enough people off and blame Trump, anyone have connections to business leaders in these states who can do some lay offs to piss the population off at Trump.
You don't think it's tacky to wish other people lose their jobs just so you have a better chance of a political victory?

Problem with politics is it seems to be a my way or highway with neither side willing to negotiate and find common ground, stop acting like the other side is the enemy and work together, we are all the same country, and its fine to have differences but for crying out loud we are not enemies and finding common ground will benefit us all. My grandfather was a career politician and left politics in the late 90's, I should write him and get his perspective, might be interesting. Just my random thought don't mind me.
There is still plenty of bipartisanship when it comes to giving the defence industry all the money they want and more, or on trade deals that screw over workers. What are you complaining about?

But personally I find it hard to find common ground with fascists. Maybe that's just me, I don't know.

Old Dec 31st 2019, 8:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I had quite forgotten that in US elections...the candidate with the most $$$ usually wins.

Well, I wouldn't say that either one of Biden or Sanders would ensure a second term for Trump, but Biden would be most likely. Of all the candidates Bernie is the one that has the best chance to defeat Trump because he can best blunt all of Trump's attacks.
Both Sanders and Trump sound like nutcases, but Sanders sounds and acts like a raving lunatic. He goes red in the face flapping his arms around from the get go.
Old Dec 31st 2019, 8:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't take everything so seriously.

I agree that there is far too much money in politics, and the way campaigns are financed needs to change, but you also have to look at where the candidates are getting their money from and how the influences the candidates. If like Biden or Buttigieg they are getting most of their money from the rich, then it's fair to say that the rich are going to have more influence over how they govern than candidates like Sanders or Warren who get most of their money from the 99%.

You don't think it's tacky to wish other people lose their jobs just so you have a better chance of a political victory?

There is still plenty of bipartisanship when it comes to giving the defence industry all the money they want and more, or on trade deals that screw over workers. What are you complaining about?

But personally I find it hard to find common ground with fascists. Maybe that's just me, I don't know.
Old Dec 31st 2019, 8:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had quite forgotten that in US elections...the candidate with the most $$$ usually wins.
Both Sanders and Trump sound like nutcases, but Sanders sounds and acts like a raving lunatic. He goes red in the face flapping his arms around from the get go.
Well that did not happen last time. However the Dems do have a Billionaire available. Only one of them is not a Millionaire.

There are some comparisons with the recent UK election, all the opposition have to do is put someone forward who is passably electable, the interesting question is why this seems so hard.
Old Dec 31st 2019, 9:58 pm
I love my brick!

Don't take everything so seriously.
Considering some of the crazy stuff that gets written on here, it's hard to know what is serious and what isn't.
Old Dec 31st 2019, 10:00 pm
I love my brick!

Glad to see your considered opinion after a detailed analysis of their platforms.
Old Dec 31st 2019, 10:01 pm
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by Boiler
Well that did not happen last time. However the Dems do have a Billionaire available. Only one of them is not a Millionaire.

There are some comparisons with the recent UK election, all the opposition have to do is put someone forward who is passably electable, the interesting question is why this seems so hard.
The Dems are greedy. They actually have two billionaires.
Old Jan 1st 2020, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I think Biden has always been leading on 538 because they use a longer time frame than RCP and Biden had a large lead in both IA and NH until the last couple of months.
I don't think so. 538 has had Buttigieg ahead in Iowa until fairly recently, with Biden now increasing in strength relative to him (and Sanders, to a lesser extent). The difference is that RCP is a straight "poll of polls" whereas 538 uses a bunch of factors, such as how it grades polls, their size, higher weighting of newer polls etc. Not sure which approach works best, but that's the underlying difference between RCP and 538.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...lster-ratings/
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Every bodies been warned by the experts , but I'm pretty sure the reply will be
"It's all Ukraine's fault "
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ocrats-experts
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 2:10 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Sanders raised nearly $35m last quarter. That's a pretty massive haul.

The prospect of a Trump second term if he's the nominee is a near certainty to me. I can't vote for him.
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 2:55 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

With the age of some of them their running mates should be taken into serious consideration due to the very real possibility that they'll kick the bucket during the next 5 years.
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 3:05 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Sanders raised nearly $35m last quarter. That's a pretty massive haul.

The prospect of a Trump second term if he's the nominee is a near certainty to me. I can't vote for him.
Not sure ​​I uderstand. You won't vote for Sanders?

Last edited by kimilseung; Jan 2nd 2020 at 3:11 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.